Show Who Pulls Tactivators In Map Info

Froltz.2781

Pretty much a dev request but I feel as though this needs to be addressed and fixed. There are a fair few people batting for the other team so to speak and pulling tactivators when it is not needed. Now whilst this can be new players not knowing what they are it would also help to identify repeat trolls and allow us to report them accordingly.

Simply in chat if it was to say:[NAME] has pulled [TACTS SKILL] at [TOWER/KEEP]

Would help greatly in identifying these spies and make this game mode slightly fair again as there is nothing worse than going to pull a ewp or fortify to find some troll has done it already when no one was around.

Anyone elses thoughts or ideas on the matter would also be appreciated. Surely my server isnt the only one that suffers from this stoogery

It won't change anything unfortunately. It's a troll tactic used by the opposing servers to help maximize their chances at taking said Tower or Keep. Best thing you can do if you see it happen is to call out in Mapchat that the Tactivators have been pulled and possibly expect an enemy Zerg to come knocking on the door.

The short answer is you cannot give players free reign because there will always be an element of the player population that sucks. Instead, the developers must design mechanics to prevent/minimize bad player behavior.

In this case (tactivators), it would be more productive to have "interlocks" which keep the tactivators from being used unless certain conditions are met. An incomplete list of not-thought-out examples:

• EWP cannot be pulled unless outer walls/gate have been breached and inner walls/gate are "in combat"
  • Invuln cannot be pulled unless tower/keep/smc is contested and walls/gate are "in combat"
  • Airship cannot be pulled unless more than 15 foes inside SMC inner

What can you do? Even if this feature was added, and you reported it, what then? Can you definitively prove that this player pulled tactics with malicious intent? That they are conspiring with the enemy server? Doubtful. So what would ANET then do with that report? Nothing.

Say you posted that persons name/ID on discord. What then? You can't stop them from entering a friendly keep....

The only response you do have is to extend pity to people who go to suc lengths to win in a computer game, especially given the fact that winning in WvW has no real impact in the first place. I mean, if you're going to cheat at a video game, at least do it where you win $$$$ at the end, right?

Last night in map chat someone said they saw someone pulling tactivators in our garri and they thought someone was running around pulling our tactivators.Quite a few people were upset but nothing one can do.It came at a time when heavy fighting over our Bay, which we eventually lost, plus opponents all over the map and we were strectched. Perhaps the tactivator pulling demoralised some of our side.

Seems sad to me that someone would send spies to another side :(Is it cheating - I don't know.

Perhaps as earlier posters have said - make tactivator pulling conditional upon battle conditions.

I think this might make it worse, since people would pull just to grief and initiate the popup.

A better solution may be to have a checkbox like the guild-only option, but to allow only bronze or silver ranked players and higher to pull them, so someone can't get on a new account to grief. Since pips are tracked by rank, some of the back end would already exist.

@Malkom.5607 said:Last night in map chat someone said they saw someone pulling tactivators in our garri and they thought someone was running around pulling our tactivators.Quite a few people were upset but nothing one can do.It came at a time when heavy fighting over our Bay, which we eventually lost, plus opponents all over the map and we were strectched. Perhaps the tactivator pulling demoralised some of our side.

Seems sad to me that someone would send spies to another side :(Is it cheating - I don't know.

Perhaps as earlier posters have said - make tactivator pulling conditional upon battle conditions.

To me it is even more inconceivable that there are people who feel joy in ruining the fun of others. There is really nothing else than this if you run from Keep to Keep with your alt-account. I mean what a pathetic human being one must be if this is what makes you happy...

So, I don't think that the devs can really do anything against these players but to make it harder to activate (like the requirements mentioned in other posts).

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@"juno.1840" said:
  • EWP cannot be pulled unless outer walls/gate have been breached and inner walls/gate are "in combat"

And how would this work for EWP on towers?

If you reread my original post, you'll see my list included a disclaimer. Honestly, you'll need to fill in the blanks with your own good ideas.

You don't see many EWP tactivators in towers, but I would say if the tower is not "in combat" then you cannot pull the tactivator. Not a perfect solution, but better than a total free-for-all.

Better idea - dump all the tactivators. Focus on making the game-play not dependent on them (in particular, EWP which serves as a poor stand in for proper scouting and defense).

For that matter, Arrow Carts and Siege Golems should also die, and walls should actually favor a defender in return so that you can defend from walls without arrow carts.

@"avey.4201" said:If you don't want people to pull them, set them to guild use.Anet ~ "This is a result of improper guild role and permission management."

This is why my guild ONLY makes passive enhancements. No point to waste the cash on the others.

Archived