Ranked Que Needs To Be Addressed

Trigr.6481

Now that this season is almost over I think there needs to be a serious discussion about ranked que. Personally I don't really see the logic of having a game mode with a max team size of 5 people where you can only que with a max of 2. Regardless of ranking, that fact that you can't dictate your entire roster makes ranking, or de-ranking meaningless. Not to mention the fact that there's no built in voice coms, making it almost impossible for seasoned players to give a helping hand to inexperienced players in real time. Which leads to a very toxic community because of lack of calls/information while the match is underway, some things can't be addressed by playing picasso on a mini map. The fact that simple voice chat isn't the case makes me unsure of whether or not I should feel insulted or depressed. Another addressing question is why make the party size a max of 2 to begin with? In this instance giving the players the option to choose a fraction of max party size just further dilutes the reason of quing solo in the first place. I'm just going to toss out some ideas on what I think should change and just let me know what you think.

1) Bring back BOTH Solo Q, and Ranked Q

• Personally this one is probably the most likely suggestion that I can see being changed so I'm listing this one first. I don't really see a reason why this can't be the case, there's been a time in the game where both solo q and ranked que existed in harmony and I thought it went pretty smoothly, so there's no excuse why it can't be a thing now. It's a pretty simple formula, if your game mode has a max of 5 people per team, then you allow ranked que with a max party roster of 5 people, period. This should be the case regardless of what new game mode may be introduced in the future. That being said, A solo q only mode with a ranked leaderboards also needs to exist. Some people like quing exclusively solo, and there should be a competitive option for them as well. But attempting to do a half ass compromise of both in the same leaderboard is unacceptable.

2) Introduce a game mode with a max roster size of 3

-Spare me the "split the playerbase arguments" because quite frankly I'd probably lose brain cells and fall into a vegetative state upon reading such thoughtless arguments, which never take into account the amount of new people it would bring in if implemented successfully. Stronghold wasn't successful, it was a failed attempt at taking a moba game and putting their own twist on it, being that the twist was to take out the strategy all together. And don't mention courtyard either, I don't count unfinished projects, which is exactly what courtyard is. When it comes to game modes, in my opinion, simplicity is king. Take deathmatch for example. the object is mind numbingly simple, however the strategy is not the map as much as is the rotation, and build that you and your team is going to use to kill your opponent. And the reason why I say a max game mode of 3, is because getting a roster of 3 is much easier than 5. And mathematically speaking less people on each team = more teams which = less que times. You have to understand the possibility that people who aren't currently playing SPvP, or never tried it simply because they don't like conquest, give them something that you think they'll enjoy "that's not stronghold, you can do better". And obviously there's plenty of other reasons why that I didn't state that's keeping players away such as balance, but that's like 2 more paragraphs at the very least that's kinda off topic that I don't really feel like typing.

But if anything needs to be taken away from this is that something needs to happen for the better. Because the worst thing you could do is to sit there and let this current situation fester. Thanks for reading.

Countless

I doubt ANet is looking to develop PvP in GW2 any farther. So what you see is pretty much is all you are going to get. You want more, you'll have to go elsewhere to get it.

I had a serious question thread to ANet, asking about their intentions on sPvP. Guess what happened to it. It was not only deleted. But I also received a warning for posting the question thread. They said it was non constructive, to question their future motives on sPvP.

That in itself kinda tells me. That ANet is not only going to not develop sPvP anymore. But they are going to silence, anyone asking the serious questions. In the end it's their game.

@"Reaper Alim.4176" said:I doubt ANet is looking to develop PvP in GW2 any farther. So what you see is pretty much is all you are going to get. You want more, you'll have to go elsewhere to get it.

I had a serious question thread to ANet, asking about their intentions on sPvP. Guess what happened to it. It was not only deleted. But I also received a warning for posting the question thread. They said it was non constructive, to question their future motives on sPvP.

That in itself kinda tells me. That ANet is not only going to not develop sPvP anymore. But they are going to silence, anyone asking the serious questions. In the end it's their game.

Right now pvp in gw2 is in a theoretical "down state" like a character would be. The community is fighting for it to live and cheering it on but anet just kind of stands back and laughs while it bleeds out. The map style of circle dancing just doesn't work for competitive play but they don't seem to get it.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@"Reaper Alim.4176" said:I doubt ANet is looking to develop PvP in GW2 any farther. So what you see is pretty much is all you are going to get. You want more, you'll have to go elsewhere to get it.

Right now pvp in gw2 is in a theoretical "down state" like a character would be. The community is fighting for it to live and cheering it on but anet just kind of stands back and laughs while it bleeds out. The map style of circle dancing just doesn't work for competitive play but they don't seem to get it.

its sad cause so true. If they put half of the love they put in PvE.. PvP would be something, srsly it could totally engineer a new MMO style of PvP... but sadly.. we will have conquest only till the game officially dies.

Archived