Low fps/lag — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Low fps/lag

So i just bought a new pc and decided to install my guildwars 2 client, only to found out that it runs worse than on my 6 year old laptop. The fps drops are insane, i cant even play the game and this only happens in guild wars, i've played lots of other games and the problem does not appear.
im running a gtx1660 ti, ryzen 7 2700x, and 16 gb of ram, so the game should run without problems. I have also tried all sorts of stuff like: disable my firewall,running and older driver for my gpu.
i've got a youtube link so you guys can see what's happening:

Comments

  • By chance, do you have Corsair's iCue software installed?
    Been dealing with that for a while - turning that off solved lag.

    Ventari's solace - Begone peasant projectiles!

  • @Divirel.4953 said:
    By chance, do you have Corsair's iCue software installed?
    Been dealing with that for a while - turning that off solved lag.

    Nope, my windows is fresh so i only got few apps going, like nvidia geforce and msi afterburner

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Some players had issue with MSI Afterburner.

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2020

    Is your CPU running in energy saving mode or throttling due to overheating?

    You should run some monitoring app in the background like HWMonitor. This shows you your hardware temperatures and whether your CPU and GPU clocks are reaching their intended values.

    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    (Pick the .zip Version. This is the portable version that does not need to be installed.)

  • @KrHome.1920 said:
    Is your CPU running in energy saving mode or throttling due to overheating?

    You should run some monitoring app in the background like HWMonitor. This shows you your hardware temperatures and whether your CPU and GPU clocks are reaching their intended values.

    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    (Pick the .zip Version. This is the portable version that does not need to be installed.)

    my gpu is at 90% and cpu barely at 15%, cpu has default settings,

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2020

    @rmt.3178 said:

    @KrHome.1920 said:
    Is your CPU running in energy saving mode or throttling due to overheating?

    You should run some monitoring app in the background like HWMonitor. This shows you your hardware temperatures and whether your CPU and GPU clocks are reaching their intended values.

    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    (Pick the .zip Version. This is the portable version that does not need to be installed.)

    my gpu is at 90% and cpu barely at 15%, cpu has default settings,

    Your GPU (1660Ti) should generate more than 100 fps with these settings on that map with this low player count. Is your GPU throttling? How are the GPU clocks?

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Gather some info with HWinfo64 and GPU-Z so you can evaluate what's going on.

  • @KrHome.1920 said:

    @rmt.3178 said:

    @KrHome.1920 said:
    Is your CPU running in energy saving mode or throttling due to overheating?

    You should run some monitoring app in the background like HWMonitor. This shows you your hardware temperatures and whether your CPU and GPU clocks are reaching their intended values.

    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    (Pick the .zip Version. This is the portable version that does not need to be installed.)

    my gpu is at 90% and cpu barely at 15%, cpu has default settings,

    Your GPU (1660Ti) should generate more than 100 fps with these settings on that map with this low player count. Is your GPU throttling? How are the GPU clocks?

    so i run the game for 10 min, my gpu usage is at close to 100%, temperature is at 60, and cpu usage is at 15%.
    im running world of warcraft with the same results, only difference is that in wow im geting over 100 fps with ultra settings

  • Open some monitoring programs, like GPU-Z and HWmonitor etc etc, so we can see loading on each as well as temps, then open the game and play around for a few minutes.

    Assuming prebuilt? If so, what brand/model?

    The fact that FPS didn't rise much by turning off reflections and shadows, points to a HW or settings issue.

    "When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore