What is even the point of playing power mesmer? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Mesmer

What is even the point of playing power mesmer?

Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

Want better burst? Thief, engie, ranger.
Want better sustain damage? thief, engie, ranger.
Want better mobility? Thief, engie, ranger.
Want better sustain? Thief, engie, ranger
Want better cc? thief, engie, ranger.

Point is, power mesmer is currently useless trash.

Just admit you screwed up and buff mesmer already.
Revert critical infusion, mirror blade, mind wrack and all phantasms.

The degenerate

<1

Comments

• Starbreaker.6507Starbreaker.6507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2020

I've been wondering that myself.

I tried out a few games fiddling around with power mirage (because I'm tired of playing condi and the defacto core build doesn't interest me that much) and I felt beyond useless.

Having said that though, does anyone else find it funny that almost every power-based build is forced into zerker amulet now?

Such build diversity.. :p

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well you are dps king in pve, so until you got some reworks or buffs you could spend your time with raiding. :p

https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/
    (see small hitbox chart!)

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020

gs3 pink d!ldo is the point

Te lazla otstara.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh I donno 14+k burst from stealth and crazy high evasiveness, seems pretty worthy of play to me

• Anna.7845Anna.7845 Member ✭✭✭

I just love playing a sparkly purple mage assassin

• Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

The few times you actually get a good enough team and people not running flavor of the month tanky condi builds that take zero effort it can be pretty satisfying landing your burst.

Otherwise there is no point. And honestly the timing, positioning, and skill it takes to land your burst on a power mesmer is about 100 times more effort than just playing a rifle deadeye and hitting from max range. Or a soulbeast. Or a berserker with greatsword f2 for an aoe one shot nuke.

Yeah, there really isn't a point most games honestly.

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

Power Mesmer hasn't been good ever since the Chrono "trade off" for me :c

I'm just look at my Mesmer everyday with their Chrono Profession logo in the loading screen and go ".....another day...."

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• Vilin.8056Vilin.8056 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020

So 2 phantasms + 3 Clones plus a DOUBLED up sword damage, all that extra might buff, evasion, projectile block just from your normal rotations THEN plus all the extra utilities isn't good enough?

Then the added bonus that you double up as a boon chrono with a swap of trinkets.

It's only natural that some of it got nerfed, but it's still very powerful for PvE.

In comparison, Engies receive damage in overload, and thief has the lowest health pool.

• Vilin.8056Vilin.8056 Member ✭✭✭

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Vilin.8056 said:
    So 2 phantasms + 3 Clones plus a doubled up damage sword damage, all that extra might buff, evasion, projectile block just from your normal rotations THEN plus all the extra utilities isn't good enough?

Then the added bonus that you double up as a boon chrono with a swap of trinkets.

It's only natural that some of it got nerfed, but it's still very powerful for PvE.

Who cares about pve? You can even get level 1 weapons, be naked and still do good.

If you fixate yourself in only one type of game mode then yes, some class/build would definitely become vulnerable.

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vilin.8056 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Vilin.8056 said:
    So 2 phantasms + 3 Clones plus a doubled up damage sword damage, all that extra might buff, evasion, projectile block just from your normal rotations THEN plus all the extra utilities isn't good enough?

Who cares about pve? You can even get level 1 weapons, be naked and still do good.

If you fixate yourself in only one type of game mode then yes, some class/build would definitely become vulnerable.

ANerf usually does split balance so no point in having a profession useless in one game mode.

The degenerate

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020

@Vilin.8056 said:
    So 2 phantasms + 3 Clones plus a DOUBLED up sword damage, all that extra might buff, evasion, projectile block just from your normal rotations THEN plus all the extra utilities isn't good enough?

In comparison, Engies receive damage in overload, and thief has the lowest health pool.

I'm pretty sure a hot fix will be applied within 24 hrs if the Mirage changes were to be applied to pve.

Edit" And who cares about thief? Stealth is broken anyway so they just reset and come hit again. (in wvw )

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just select right targets. B)

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

@Junkpile.7439 said:

Yes! Select npcs!

The degenerate

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2020

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Junkpile.7439 said:

Yes! Select npcs!

Actually npc:ees are bad targets. Before you could kill them one burst, but now it take much longer. Thiefs for example seem to die easily. Just hide in tower, wait that thief try to gank somebody outside, stealth and one hit him. Necros who don't have full hp are good targets too.

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

• ArlAlt.1630ArlAlt.1630 Member ✭✭✭

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Vilin.8056 said:

I'm pretty sure a hot fix will be applied within 24 hrs if the Mirage changes were to be applied to pve.

Edit" And who cares about thief? Stealth is broken anyway so they just reset and come hit again. (in wvw )

If they apply it to PvE, heads will roll. That’s stating facts there.

• JETWING.2759JETWING.2759 Member ✭✭✭

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Teach me plz =)
    What build are you talking about? =)

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JETWING.2759 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Teach me plz =)

its at a point where you can just use build randomizer and you prolly gonna have better build anyways :D

@JETWING.2759 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Teach me plz =)

Holo?

The degenerate

• JETWING.2759JETWING.2759 Member ✭✭✭

Holo...
    Not...
    Just cc him and Ok!
    Sad to see Holos running away from D/D Tempest in current days...
    Fighting at ranged with their Rifle while Mesmers (Core, Chrono or Mirage), Necros (Core, Reaper or Scourge) or Guardians (Core, DH or FB) comes close without fear.

• Magolith.9412Magolith.9412 Member ✭✭✭

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:
    The point? We're all bloody masochists.

This.

YouTube —— [WS] Mesmer Mag @ Fort Aspenwood

@JETWING.2759 said:
    Holo...
    Not...
    Just cc him and Ok!
    Fighting at ranged with their Rifle while Mesmers (Core, Chrono or Mirage), Necros (Core, Reaper or Scourge) or Guardians (Core, DH or FB) comes close without fear.

With what cc?
    Power mesmer has not enough burst and sustain damage to take down an holo.
    Holo has more movement access and cc access than mesmer, as soon as holo is close is done deal.

The degenerate

@JETWING.2759 said:
    Holo...
    Not...
    Just cc him and Ok!

mesmer comes close without fear? the only reason mesmers come clones without fear is becouse we know for a fact we will die. but we have to anyways.
    whats the point of fearing death if we know it happens and we cant do jack to stop it, might as well kick back, relax and embrace what is to come.

• Xca.9721Xca.9721 Member ✭✭✭

Why do you guys think every power/condi mesmer build should be viable in PvP? Balance that achieves that for every class is nearly impossible.

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    Oh tons of posts removed, just as mesmer was removed from game! B)

So it wasn't just me. What the frick happened here?

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    Oh tons of posts removed, just as mesmer was removed from game! B)

So it wasn't just me. What the frick happened here?

Dunno. Didn't even saw like 9 posts.

The degenerate

Mods visited the mesmer forum from the first time in months :D
    if this place was constantly visited I would be chainbanned for weeks xd

• It was basically a string started by the Rev main above. A few of us responded and it all got removed, probably for quoting the offending post.

• Moradorin.6217Moradorin.6217 Member ✭✭✭

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    Mods visited the mesmer forum from the first time in months :D
    if this place was constantly visited I would be chainbanned for weeks xd

yep, I can attest to that possibility! ;)

• Laughs in PvE

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2020

I have been testing power mirage today in ranked, some things bother me :

• Clones direct damage ambush on sword and axe does 50 damage ?
    • Rupt from clones ambush didn't trigger Vicious expression or there is a hidden icd ?
    • Or I was drunk when I check damage logs ?

If it's the case for both, I don't see the interest to take IH over EM. Or even mirage. Mean if it's only for the rupt with a 1 sec animation on clones and for sword mobility, seems pretty bad in direct damage.

Edit :

• Clones direct damage is effectively near 0.
    • Rupt from clones seems to trigger vicious expression after more testing.
    • Misha use EM last At.
  • Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭✭

@viquing.8254 said:
    I have been testing power mirage today in ranked, some things bother me :

• Clones direct damage ambush on sword and axe does 50 damage ?
    • Rupt from clones ambush didn't trigger Vicious expression or there is a hidden icd ?
    • Or I was drunk when I check damage logs ?

If it's the case for both, I don't see the interest to take IH over EM. Or even mirage. Mean if it's only for the rupt with a 1 sec animation on clones and for sword mobility, seems pretty bad in direct damage.

Edit :

• Clones direct damage is effectively near 0.
    • Rupt from clones seems to trigger vicious expression after more testing.
    • Misha use EM last At.

VE works with IH clone ambush but the leaps are unreliable and often dont connect. In theory it is good but yeah.

// Yanim

• Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭

Absolutely agree that power mesmer is in a bad spot right now. Hopefully they will address that with future balance changes.

• ArlAlt.1630ArlAlt.1630 Member ✭✭✭

@Sodeni.6041 said:
    Absolutely agree that power mesmer is in a bad spot right now. Hopefully they will address that with future balance changes.

Are we playing the same game? Never gonna happen.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@otto.5684 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Oh I donno 14+k burst from stealth and crazy high evasiveness, seems pretty worthy of play to me

Core highly evasive?

I have not seen Mesmer power being successfully played in sPvP game since the update.

Because you really can't. Considering ONCE AGAIN changing my WvW Ascended armor from Viper to either Carrion or Trailblazers.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Armen.1483Armen.1483 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2020

If you're talking about pvp or wvw it is not just power mesmer it is any mesmer that is trash.
    In raids however nothing beats power chrono damage in benchmarks. I am sure they will nerf pve power chrono too...

• Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

What? All medium armors being objectively better than power mes? It’s almost like I’ve been saying that since release.

But the bads in pvp cried their way to victory.
    Karl has always been biased against the class.
    Top players were calling it OP even though mes mains played thief in major tournies pre hot.
    Bunch of other crazy double standards over the years I’m to freaking tired of re-hashing to cite here.
    Now a thief got hired to do balance so it’s even more worthless, and even Condi thief is safer than condi mirage.

So now I’m paying subs for FFXIV at the behest of my irl friends amidst the lock down, and haven’t completed masteries in Icebrood, cuz A-net doesn’t deserve my money, time, or effort.

Prior to the damage cuts the only nerfs that were justified for power was Evasive mirror and mirage cloak duration. At the very least jaunts and vigor should have been restored.

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

Yeah just wait to mesmers not being represented in At at all, it's just started recently with no mesmers in final and semi, maybe when the class proportion will be the lowest in the game like it was in vanilla with engi, we will get fun gameplay.

• TheGrillfather.6587TheGrillfather.6587 Free Member ✭✭

@viquing.8254 said:
    Yeah just wait to mesmers not being represented in At at all, it's just started recently with no mesmers in final and semi, maybe when the class proportion will be the lowest in the game like it was in vanilla with engi, we will get fun gameplay.

JK we already had our fun, we won't be relevant for the remaining lifespan of the game.

I have many names, but you know exactly whose alt this is. I mean what did you think they were gonna do? Not take my money?