Strike Missions > Raids

As Strike Missions have apparently been introduced to encourage us to go Raiding and as I've never been on a Raid - could I ask -Are Raids as boring as the Strike Missions?Do you end up fighting a Boss in a boxing ring?Do you often get kicked out of the party for some undisclosed reason?

49% sure this is a troll post, but if it isn't:

Are Raids as boring as the Strike Missions?What aspect do you find boring...the setting/visuals? Raids are very diverse (cave, plateau, prison rooms, underworld, jungle, etc...). Mechanics? also rather diverse, even if you have some repetitions. Most mechanics revolve around the special action key doing something, positioning, break bar or fokussing an add.

Do you end up fighting a Boss in a boxing ring?kind of....most raid fights are in a ring-shaped arena, but have different details...sometimes you die if you fall off, sometimes it is a wall, sometimes the shape changes during the fight or you go to a different plattform.

Do you often get kicked out of the party for some undisclosed reason?No, you will get yelled at beforehand.

Watch some videos or try it out. Think of it as a 10man dungeon.There will be a zone/area/ring for the bosses. Depending on group standards and requirements. Knowing what you're getting into helps. Eg. A group listed 9/10; It might be looking for a replacement for a member called in sick, thus joining might shoulder some expectations without knowing; or it could just be a group starting out fresh.Kicking can happen, might or might not disclose the reason, but there will be a reason and justification(reasonable or not) for the kick. There are guilds and community accepting/teach new raiders.

Taking this as a serious post.

@Braynz.2906 said:As Strike Missions have apparently been introduced to encourage us to go Raiding and as I've never been on a Raid - could I ask -Are Raids as boring as the Strike Missions?

It depends on what you consider fun. Some find challenging content fun and some find brain dead content fun. It’s totally subjective. Nobody will be able to adequately answer this question for you.

Do you end up fighting a Boss in a boxing ring?

Most bosses are fought within a “ring”. There are encounters, namely those in an event format, that are not.

Do you often get kicked out of the party for some undisclosed reason?

Usually if you’re under performing to the expectations of the group. Most of the time this is due to the player not being adequately prepared.

Thanks for your responses so far -No this isn't a troll post - I've found the Strike Missions rather tedious and wonder whether it's worth the time and effort to try out a Raid.I've also had a few bad experiences in the Strike Missions which, to be honest, have put me off joining a team for a Raid.

I for one completely understand you because Strikes really are boring. The most interesting one was actually the first one where there was at least a bit of a jumping part.Most open world metas are way more interesting. Don't even want to compare to something like a Wow raids.

@Miezekilla.1486 said:What aspect do you find boringIt's the bash bash bash evade/avoid ... repeat - in a small area. Maybe SMs and Raids are just not for me.

@Eramonster.2718 said:Watch some videos or try it out.I watched several SM/Raid videos last night and found them a confused mess with little or no explanation of what is going on.Can you recommend any helpful ones?

@Cuks.8241 said:I for one completely understand you because Strikes really are boring. The most interesting one was actually the first one where there was at least a bit of a jumping part.Most open world metas are way more interesting.Thanks - I'm pleased I'm not the only one :)

I tried the Whisper of Jormag twice last night and each time, when we had missed the gold chest, the majority left - they were both with pre-made groups.I think I'll just give them a miss from now on.