Harpy Predators

Valandil.6453

I'm sure some people will agree that Harpy Predators are more than a tad overpowered, especially in Desert Highlands. These are more than a mere annoyance; frankly they ruin the gameplay by engaging outside of agro range, shooting people out of mid-air even when they're just falling... not gliding, not mounted (although as well as), but just dropping. During the race outside of Brightwater Waypoint, part way through as you scale up the hills to where the harpies are, it feels like the mounts don't have enough health as they get ambushed by Predators.

Is there any way of giving these a gentle debuff as they have unnatural and uncanny accuracy and, as I'm sure others will agree, they just massively spoil the fun of that area.

Enemies always had the ability to CC or knock your character out of the sky, something that became more noticeable since gliding was introduced into the game. Next, I don't understand what "engaging outside of agro range" means, because if they are engaging your character, you are within it's aggro range, even if it is larger than you would expect.

In regards to the Desert Highlands race, it sounds like Harpy Predators spawns around the race area may need to be toned down, although I always saw their presence as a "blue shell" mechanic that challenges racers in the front to dodge their attacks, primarily with Jackal's evade frames. There is also a sand portal near the Choya village for you to skip the Harpy Predators.

Overall, I think Harpy Predators are fine as they are.

• 1 month later...

Archived