Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future

Spring is fast approaching—with summer hot on its heels—and it’s time for some updates on what’s next for Guild Wars 2!

Tagged:
<1345

Comments

• Blur.3465Blur.3465 Member ✭✭✭

Throws money in advance
    AAAA :D

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

This "The episode’s environment will focus on capturing and defending territories in a PvE map, using objectives similar to WvW to drive enemies back, defeat familiar foes, and maximize the potential for rewards. You’ll also tackle a new Strike Mission with a different spin on gameplay mechanics." NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

• Skynet.7201Skynet.7201 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020

Way to bury the freaking lead. B)

Awesome stuff, FB group is hyped. It's ON. <3

Please don't forget us in WvW!!!

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020

So way long ago in an expansion thread, I said they were up against a cost investment from players, since you had to buy both expansions, and expecting anyone to buy three was too much. Then many months later they made it buy pof and get hot free...which opened up for an expansion but I must confess I didn't think we were actually going to GET one.

Can't wait. I don't particularly love the idea of Cantha but a whole heck of a lot of my friends do, and I like seeing them happy, so bring it on!

I had the same reaction as someone up above, btw. Festivals, yadda yadda, pvp/wvw yadda cool, but yadda, new episode, yadda yadda. upcoming exp...wait,. what?!

Edit: from someone who quit a year ago or so, going to another game from our discord when I posted (guess who's comin' back):
    WAIT
    WAT
    That's kitten Cantha.
    THAT'S KITTEN CANTHA

• Super exciting news, this plus change on thinking on balancing cadence is win. We really have something to look forward to now, time to pull my wallet out and buy some stuff Been a while.

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Adibas.6982 said:
    I'd love to see GW2 Pandaria!

No.

• Hoover.6394Hoover.6394 Member ✭✭✭

Crying and screaming at work..... I see hope....

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am looking forward to the legendary ring in wvw i hope they keep that up. I want to see how the latest nerfs plays into what we can guess are new elite spec. i love to know how long off before they talk about it one way or another. I think i have a good ideal what ele may get but i could be wrong i guess that part of the fun.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Hoover.6394Hoover.6394 Member ✭✭✭

@Endless Soul.5178 said:
    Overall, I'm 99.8% happy with this new development. However, I still would rather see someplace new.

No other place in all universes can make me happier! XD

• What are your thoughts on the new expansion in development? It seems from the concept art that we are heading to Cantha :)
    I myself am so ready and hyped for this.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-to-spring-summer-and-the-future/

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

A new expansion is great news :).

• Sockski.4297Sockski.4297 Member ✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020

What an amazing update!! Thank you for the communication Anet. I saw the Twitter post first which led me to your blog post, and I love the animated version of that art! With the bell swinging under the bridge, I could just imagine the tolling sound it would make, meaning "Calling all players...we have something epic to tell you....". Basically the Canthan dinner bell. COME AND GET IT!

I know there are people that wanted to go somewhere new for the next expansion, but for me and I'm sure a lot of other players that never actually played GW1, Cantha IS somewhere new, and I am beyond excited!!

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020

Pandaria ^^

now can we please be in more than 5 guilds?

more mailbox space, character slots and bank tabs?

honestly there's so many quality of life improvements that should be in the game

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• Underline.3461Underline.3461 Member
    edited March 12, 2020

WvWvW -> usefull Patch -/ Alliance System -/ anything?
    as always no :^).

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

Imagine...imagine, if it's NOT Cantha, but we are going to the Dominion of Winds instead. The Tengu would live in asian-styled homes since they lived in Cantha once before, so...

Oh, if that happens and people scream, I will be ready to drink all the tears.

I Rev, therefore I am. Don't ruin my favorite class, please and thank you.

• @Kanok.3027 said:
    Imagine...imagine, if it's NOT Cantha, but we are going to the Dominion of Winds instead. The Tengu would live in asian-styled homes since they lived in Cantha once before, so...

Oh, if that happens and people scream, I will be ready to drink all the tears.

Slow down Devil :D
    One way or another, looking forward to this place :)

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

Now this is what real marketing looks like! Very nicely done!

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    Well, I guess that answers the on-going questions of "Are we ever going back to Cantha? Is Anet even allowed to include Cantha after DR's Canthan District was pulled?"

I have to admit I'd prefer somewhere new. I've been finding myself very curious about the lands east of Ascalon since PoF came out and the world map was expanded - the in-game one doesn't show much but the image on the Wiki shows a lot of land in that direction. But it will be interesting to see what Cantha is like now. Also maybe this means we'll get pandas back as ranger pets and Robert Smith can make a triumphant return to chasing people around PvP. (Yes I called my panda Robert Smith, and yes it was hilarious to see people running from a killer panda.)

And, with most of the areas from GW1 back in GW2 it becomes almost certain that we will get to go somewhere new in future.

Robert Smith from The Cure?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to all the upcoming news. =)

• Oooh you guys are working on a 3rd expansion? That's so awesome! Really hope we'll return to Cantha and find out what has happened there. Keep up the good work <3

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020

@Endless Soul.5178 said:
    Overall, I'm 99.8% happy with this new development. However, I still would rather see someplace new.

What about Maguuma Wastes, Ring of Fire Islands, Deldrimor Front, Blood Legion Homelands, Far Shiverpeaks, and now Woodland Cascades? Just because an expo is going to a familar place doesn't mean we haven't visited lots of new places.

Though I will say we stayed in Elona way too long due to LS4. I'd like them to not do the same with Cantha.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW) | ♀♥♀

• Diak Atoli.2085Diak Atoli.2085 Member ✭✭✭

@Taelac.7036 said:
    throws money at screen

Throws gold bricks at screen.. Ah, wait...

• I...am...EXCITED! Will Bubbles/Steve the water elder dragon be revealed at last, however?

• shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭

YAAAAAAAAAAS

• Trinix.8504Trinix.8504 Member ✭✭

great news :joy: I really wonder what new elite specs we can expect :joy:

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

Yep but too late for it to even matter at this point after the competitive maintenance mode release we just got.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blude.6812 said:
    This "The episode’s environment will focus on capturing and defending territories in a PvE map, using objectives similar to WvW to drive enemies back, defeat familiar foes, and maximize the potential for rewards.

So, Verdant Brink Night Meta? That was very popular.

Also, yay, Cantha... I must say that i didn't expect that.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Lurana.7506Lurana.7506 Member ✭✭✭

I'm so hyped! Thank you so much Anet! <3 you made me very happy today. I was so hoping for a new xpack and I always wanted to go to Cantha!

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

What hasn't been new about Maguuma Wastes, Ring of Fire Islands, Deldrimor Front, Blood Legion Homelands, and now Woodland Cascades? Just because an expansion is going to a familar place doesn't mean we haven't visited lots of new places.

That's entirely true and a valid point. But I was meaning more of one of the other continents, someplace we haven't been to before, not even in Guild Wars 1 like all those places you mentioned.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm glad (99.8%) that we're getting new maps and such. It's the small (0.02%) of me that's still wondering "What's on the other side of Tyria?" Hopefully we'll find out someday before my health gives out.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• @Astralporing.1957 said:

@Blude.6812 said:
    This "The episode’s environment will focus on capturing and defending territories in a PvE map, using objectives similar to WvW to drive enemies back, defeat familiar foes, and maximize the potential for rewards.

So, Verdant Brink Night Meta? That was very popular.

Also, yay, Cantha... I must say that i didn't expect that.

Verdant Brink is one of the best maps in the game.

Also, heck of a job, guys! You're on fire these days. And you are keeping up the communication!

Credit where it's due!

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

wow, ok I was totally not expecting this.

Cantha and hopefully 3rd elite specs - smart move!

My ears, how are you! | Hammer Mesmer - elite spec concept.

• Elric.4713Elric.4713 Member ✭✭✭

They tried to bring us down, told us to stop asking for it, that it's never going to happen. Finally I'm excited about the future of Guild Wars 2 again. Cantha!

👻Legendary Ritualist Stance - Invoke the power of the legendary ritualist Master Togo.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:
    Well, I guess that answers the on-going questions of "Are we ever going back to Cantha? Is Anet even allowed to include Cantha after DR's Canthan District was pulled?"

I have to admit I'd prefer somewhere new. I've been finding myself very curious about the lands east of Ascalon since PoF came out and the world map was expanded - the in-game one doesn't show much but the image on the Wiki shows a lot of land in that direction. But it will be interesting to see what Cantha is like now. Also maybe this means we'll get pandas back as ranger pets and Robert Smith can make a triumphant return to chasing people around PvP. (Yes I called my panda Robert Smith, and yes it was hilarious to see people running from a killer panda.)

And, with most of the areas from GW1 back in GW2 it becomes almost certain that we will get to go somewhere new in future.

Robert Smith from The Cure?

Of course. Who else would I name a panda after? :D

(Incidentally the answer to that is Diandian, after two fictional children from the movie Aftershock.)

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

What about Maguuma Wastes, Ring of Fire Islands, Deldrimor Front, Blood Legion Homelands, Far Shiverpeaks, and now Woodland Cascades? Just because an expo is going to a familar place doesn't mean we haven't visited lots of new places.

Though I will say we stayed in Elona way too long due to LS4. I'd like them to not do the same with Cantha.

All of those places were in GW1 as well, so they're not entirely new which is what I suspect @Endless Soul.5178 was thinking of.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

See, now we can patiently wait...

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

• rylien.3824rylien.3824 Member ✭✭

Frankly, if it is Cantha (which seems to be the case): it’s really a great thing: finally!
    Thanks Arenanet. Just for that!