Warrior's current state

Psycoprophet.8107

Post patch how is warrior feeling, do u feel like u have the impact in matches or in wvw that u should?How is warrior feeling in matches post patch along side the other classes, lastly how is the lack off damage on hard cc feeling on warrior?

Just curious as I haven't really been in game for a while, war doing ok?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Post patch how is warrior feeling, do u feel like u have the impact in matches or in wvw that u should?How is warrior feeling in matches post patch along side the other classes, lastly how is the lack off damage on hard cc feeling on warrior?

It's doing okay. It's not the pain train it use to be but you can still get pretty reliable results with it. Condi warrior is pretty interesting now. You can do things like run LB + Hammer and load people up with condi then stun lock them and watch them burn.

In WvW:Shout Spellbreaker is still strong for the burst cleanse/heals and CC.IMO, Power Spellbreaker has a place for melee cleave and some CC (if you run Hammer), but it can't yolo as before and is mostly outclassed by other classes in terms of RAW dps.

@Hoon.1524 said:In WvW:Shout Spellbreaker is still strong for the burst cleanse/heals and CC.IMO, Power Spellbreaker has a place for melee cleave and some CC (if you run Hammer), but it can't yolo as before and is mostly outclassed by other classes in terms of RAW dps.

Hmmm to bad u'd think warrior class would be thee melee dps spec but anet are the professions after also who am I to say otherwise lol. Glad to hear their at least doing ok.Maybe some new builds or future changes will pop up to make them top tier melee again.

We need to wait for the next wave of changes before we get a better idea. Right now alot of warrior skills / traits basically broke and are doing the wrong numbers because of this new philosophy of what is allowed to do dmg and what isnt. Spellbreaker killshot is doing more dmg than core for example and daggers got screwed over out of any kind of dmg making their stipulation spikes below normal. As well as the other traits and utility skills that are supposed to do 100% more dmg but also happen to be a cc or boon removal so we are now sitting here with 100% dmg of 53 because of the new philosophy.

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:We need to wait for the next wave of changes before we get a better idea. Right now alot of warrior skills / traits basically broke and are doing the wrong numbers because of this new philosophy of what is allowed to do dmg and what isnt. Spellbreaker killshot is doing more dmg than core for example and daggers got screwed over out of any kind of dmg making their stipulation spikes below normal. As well as the other traits and utility skills that are supposed to do 100% more dmg but also happen to be a cc or boon removal so we are now sitting here with 100% dmg of 53 because of the new philosophy.

Yeah I hear u, I was wondering how a melee spec that relied on cc's would do with no damage on cc's, before the damage from cc's were part of the warrior burst dps and now with damage decreases across the board and with cc damage decrease seems like warrior dps burst got hit double hard. How healing signet doing? With nerfs to might, might durations,strength runes, heal from mmr and heal signet is it still worth to use all the traits and the signet?

Hammer took some getting used to but i must say skill 2 does hit like a truck when you do CC them.,.. but you need the hammer trait on to use the hammer correctly for damage.Rifle is a bit memey as no one expects you to have it, i still think rifle has missed the mark since it just does the same thing on all 4 skills.

Have to admit though, vs pure condi spam builds, warrior does struggle... unless im doing something crazy wrong I believe hands down that condi is still too strong for it to be fair for pvp.

In PvP it's better than people think. You can build super bunker SB and just chain CC + regen on a point for all match or you can try Condi Zerker because apparently that's good now, if it's your thing. The old Strength + Dagger build is still viable but way weaker and you'll probably get out-damaged most games.

If you go with Strength + Dagger I recommend just losing the Dagger and all traits focused on boon removal if you go up against a comp without blocks/aegis spam because Axe is a lot more meaty with damage than Dagger is by a longshot.Also lose Demolisher's stats and go zerks if you want to do the same damage you did before the patch after.

Core power warrior is kinda irrelevant as of recently. Sure, they CAN still do damage, but it’s not eye watering damage. Ex: 5k crit arcing slice with some might. Definitely not enough to keep up with the Rez speed, sustain options. Cleaving-wise, it sucks. Best you can do is stun lock people.

Core condi warrior... well, I got no clue about that.

Spellbreaker is still a thing. It can run power just fine (me thinks it’s due to the f1 that has yet to be nerfed).

Beserker grew much more popular now, due to their abundance of CC and emphasis on condi damage, and the fact that they can’t really be one shotted by any decent player, unlike prepatch. Mace/shield + Sword/Torch became the way to go.

Power Berserker is the way to go for damage.

If you need bubbles, power dmg spellbreaker is doing fine as well.

Support/cleanse Spb will do a decent job. Although I feel that other classes outclass the support warrior by far.

Everything else feels very niche...

p.s. This counts all for wvw.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Post patch how is warrior feeling, do u feel like u have the impact in matches or in wvw that u should?How is warrior feeling in matches post patch along side the other classes, lastly how is the lack off damage on hard cc feeling on warrior?

Hey there, I can't comment on WvW as I have only been testing in sPvP.

Honestly, the field is really open right now and it seems that there are quite a few builds that work. However, Spellbreaker is undoutably still the most competitive traitline. While the old Strength SB still works well, I'd actually recommend this build I've been testing for a few weeks. It feels clunky at first, but once you get the hang of it I believe its the best thing you can do on Warrior right now. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEh7lJwqYhsEGKOWPpvbA-z5gfG9KFyXFYwB

Core Warrior feels okay, both Tactics and Defensive work fine, but still a rung below Spellbreaker in terms of powerlevel. As for Berserker, it definitely feels stronger than before as it was hardly nerfed, however it still suffers from the same core design as it did before. Namely, when you aren't in Berserk mode you are very weak and usually have to kite rather than put on pressure. However, Headbutt is extremely powerful now so I wouldn't count Berserker out.

Hey everyone .I'm happy to find a tread where i can express myself about this (first time i give my opinion after 7 years playing GW2).To me it just feels like the new no damage on cc skills orientation does not fit with the warrior. I played it either condi and power on pvp and WvW and it feels that you have to choose either to be unsubstancial in damage or on survivability . Warrior seems to be out of the game in pvp , and without wind of disenchantment (witch efficiency has been strongly reduced) it would be out of WvW meta to , the 90s cd ult skill is the only true reason to play it .The beloved LS attak Hundred blades is now totally inefficient , spam 1 feels stronger .As a warrior i'd honestly stop playing for a while till this is reworked.Humbly , Marchlore .

From what i seen roamer war is really bad. I tested my own and fighting others and results are disappointing for warrior roamers (power). Did fought one condi s/s (SA guild), skilled player but again underwhelming, easy to kite or outdmg. If anyone seen or fought skilled roamer on war that managed to roam , post pls some vid.

@kiranslee.4829 said:From what i seen roamer war is really bad. I tested my own and fighting others and results are disappointing for warrior roamers (power). Did fought one condi s/s (SA guild), skilled player but again underwhelming, easy to kite or outdmg. If anyone seen or fought skilled roamer on war that managed to roam , post pls some vid.

Well Spellbreaker with Magebane Tether is performing rather well still, but that is because they forgot to nerf Spellbreaker F1s.

Once splb f1 is nerfed ro intended lv war in grand scheme will he dead and barely seen. Sry but it's TRUE. The whole no damage on cc kills a spec like war that relied on the dps from the cc as part of its burst capability. Also core war elite should be hitting like splb is now considering bursts other spec still have. The core war f1 dps is laughable considering it's a warrior class of all classes who's f1 hits like a noodle. Good job as usual anet.

I agree with the lower damage on the CC skills, it only pushed all Warriors to run the same specific CC skills, because they were too good. Bulls Charge was WAY overtuned and overused. In its old state it was literally an Elite skill that you could put in a utility slot.

The part that is hurting is the damage nerfs to things like Eviscerate and Dagger among others. Its almost pointless trying to land Evis on certain targets, and many of them are not even bothering to dodge. To me that says a lot.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@kiranslee.4829 said:From what i seen roamer war is really bad. I tested my own and fighting others and results are disappointing for warrior roamers (power). Did fought one condi s/s (SA guild), skilled player but again underwhelming, easy to kite or outdmg. If anyone seen or fought skilled roamer on war that managed to roam , post pls some vid.

Well Spellbreaker with Magebane Tether is performing rather well still, but that is because they forgot to nerf Spellbreaker F1s.

Are spellbreaker F1s still broken? When I played it roaming it didn't seem gamebreaking. Axe mainhand and greatsword both didn't seem to do ridiculous numbers.

Earthshaker on hammer was hotfixed February 26th , but I prefer dagger unless in squad.

There's a lot more rangers abusing rugged growth (bugged) in WvW so warrior has a harder time with rangers kiting since the health regen is busted ; sword thieves of all kinds apply weakness and can kite burst due to cripple , staff thieves can apply weakness ; sword weavers can still spam burning ; condi revs can basically tank warriors unless CCed.

@Infusion.7149 said:

Are spellbreaker F1s still broken? When I played it roaming it didn't seem gamebreaking. Axe mainhand and greatsword both didn't seem to do ridiculous numbers.

Earthshaker on hammer was hotfixed February 26th , but I prefer dagger unless in squad.

There's a lot more rangers abusing rugged growth (bugged) in WvW so warrior has a harder time with rangers kiting since the health regen is busted ; sword thieves of all kinds apply weakness and can kite burst due to cripple , staff thieves can apply weakness ; sword weavers can still spam burning ; condi revs can basically tank warriors unless CCed.

Well T1 Burst numbers were never gamebreaking, but they nerfed those as well on Core. Right now they are doing pre patch damage values. Go take a camp on SpB and see what Eviscerate and Arcing Slice do, then roll Core and do the same. You'll see a difference. Anything that does the prepatch damage values will perform well in the current balance. On Necro for instance, Lich Form AA is hitting for +5k as it still has a 2.36 scaing. The balance team wanted a cap at 2.0, but forgot a bunch of stuff. OH Sword on warrior also did not see nerfs, Rip has the same scaling as T3 Eviserate now.

That all being said if people want a break from Warrior until the balance team fixes the mistakes they made I recommend Power Reaper and Burn DH. Burn DH in particular is melting things hard and fast at the moment.

Well I wouldn't worry too much:GS Arcing Slice (Competitive split) Reduced base power coefficient from 1.32 to 1.213. Reduced bonus power coefficient from 1.98 to 1.82. --- about 9% if fixedAxe Eviscerate (Competitive split) Reduced power coefficient from 2.0/2.5/3.0 to 1.333/1.666/2.0 --- if you run mainhand axe it's a much larger change ~33%Sword Flurry wasn't in patch notes , will likely be changed

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well T1 Burst numbers were never gamebreaking, but they nerfed those as well on Core. Right now they are doing pre patch damage values. Go take a camp on SpB and see what Eviscerate and Arcing Slice do, then roll Core and do the same. You'll see a difference. Anything that does the prepatch damage values will perform well in the current balance. On Necro for instance, Lich Form AA is hitting for +5k as it still has a 2.36 scaing. The balance team wanted a cap at 2.0, but forgot a bunch of stuff. OH Sword on warrior also did not see nerfs, Rip has the same scaling as T3 Eviserate now.

That all being said if people want a break from Warrior until the balance team fixes the mistakes they made I recommend Power Reaper and Burn DH. Burn DH in particular is melting things hard and fast at the moment.

I thought they said the norm cap was going to be 2.0 with some of the burstier skills going 2.1+ Up to 2.5 as a cap.