Bring back JADE QUARRY

Renek.4709

I found PvP in GW to be a better overall experience than in GW2, for any number of reasons. That said, I seem to recall that for a lengthy period in the game's life, getting a game in Jade Quarry was a pain. I also remember people using a workaround to get the JQ map explored for Cantha exploration. This involved a coordinated effort by people who knew each other queuing up simultaneously from the Luxon and Kurzick sides. So, I believe that any attempt to revive Jade Quarry as a PvP game in GW2 ought to address whatever the reasons were that the JQ map seemed to be so unpopular.

@FrigginPaco.4178 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:these modes were what made gw1 pvp so great. don't forget hall of heroes and gvg.

TONS of my play time resided in FA, JQ, and AB. There's little reason to ignore them, they saw instant-pop queues at their highest, and it didn't even suffer that much as people spread out over other areas.

same here lol. its sorta not really starting to happen with the intro of 2v2. I think they said somewhere that they are open to new modes. man just update stronghold into something playable and that would be great.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Considering the jade sea turned back into water again, there might not be a lore reason for a return of it.

We don't know whether or not the Jade Sea has completely or even mostly turned into water, we only know that it had started to some time after GW1. Same goes for the stone trees of Echovald Forest. It would be foolish for Anet to take away what makes these two environments so unique, as such we should expect the both to be in a transition between their gw1 states and the natural pre-Jade Wind states.

@FrigginPaco.4178 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:these modes were what made gw1 pvp so great. don't forget hall of heroes and gvg.

TONS of my play time resided in FA, JQ, and AB. There's little reason to ignore them, they saw instant-pop queues at their highest, and it didn't even suffer that much as people spread out over other areas.

I think their illusion of players being spread out too much is bs because all the modes in GW1 were lively when the game was in its prime, but now they've waited so long its probably true but its not the players fault. Everyone got bored of 1 mode. The only other mode they added got 0 support, 2v2 is clown fiesta because self sustain and support classes, 2v2 wasn't even feasible in GW1 they are both team games not 1v1 or 2v2. 3v3 at a minimum would probably do much better, GW1 used 4v4 for arena. They are so afraid to split playerbase which ironically splits playerbase. GW1 pvp modes only died after the game did during GW2 development. Back in the day I could log in and play a ton of different modes never had issues finding a party.

GvG would probably do very well here if they would just do it and support it with monthly and daily tournaments with guild capes, gold trim, good rewards and leaderboards. Its pretty ridiculous that GvG doesn't exist yet but JQ and FA were good casual fun too.

Spent almost all my time for Savior of the Luxons & Savior of the Kurzicks in Alliance battles, Fort Aspenwood, and Jade quarry. However, if they want to bring back the competitive scene they need GvG / Hall of Heroes level of organized matches.

An expanded version of Stronghold mode would essentially be on par with Fort Aspenwood's design.

• 1 year later...

If you loved PVP in Guild Wars so much then maybe you shouldn't have left it. And please whoever said that the lobbies are empty stop discouraging people there's organized PVP going on in Guild Wars amongst veteran players and loyal community we have schedules and we play on certain days and certain hours everybody gets together so the game is not dead actually many people are coming back to it because they finally realize that Guild Wars do is nothing but a prop for quick cash in an MMO community. Guild Wars 1 is brilliant intelligent divers and is truly a competitive game where Guild Wars 2 is a mere shadow of it consisting of pretty outfits jumping puzzles and Zerg runs.

So I repeat if you love PVP and you truly have been an athlete at it come back to Guild Wars 1 and join your people because we're still there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe people wants to pvp with gw2 combat system, which is imo the best of every mmo in the market right now. 

This kind of content is exactly what anet should promote, a friendly and casual pvp environnement. Gw1 pvp used to shine because nobody was left behind, it was fun to everyone. 

But you know, living story... 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 3/12/2020 at 6:51 PM, LucianDK.8615 said:

Considering the jade sea turned back into water again, there might not be a lore reason for a return of it.

Well, GW2 has underwater combat, so why not? Imagine the forums if they'd add an underwater PvP mode- pretty sure that would be popcorn time 😋

• Haha 1

Aaah, JQ & FA were awesome, good times for me, and definitely my favourite form of PvP in the Guild Wars universe.

I'd spend hours tailoring Mesmer builds designed to make the prolific Monk and Elementalists in FA and Necrobombers in JQ rage quit 😄

It was particularly hilarious dropping Arcane Conundrum on an Ele casting Meteor Shower from the wall of FA. That 5 second cast time all of a sudden became 10, and I'd wait until just the last second, then interrupt them with Power Block, disabling all of their skills for 20 seconds. It pretty much guaranteed a rage quit every time 😈

35 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Aaah, JQ & FA were awesome, good times for me, and definitely my favourite form of PvP in the Guild Wars universe.

I'd spend hours tailoring Mesmer builds designed to make the prolific Monk and Elementalists in FA and Necrobombers in JQ rage quit 😄

It was particularly hilarious dropping Arcane Conundrum on an Ele casting Meteor Shower from the wall of FA. That 5 second cast time all of a sudden became 10, and I'd wait until just the last second, then interrupt them with Power Block, disabling all of their skills for 20 seconds. It pretty much guaranteed a rage quit every time 😈

If they didn't use a low energy set + Glyph of Essence, they didn't deserve better 😄