Can we talk Guardian balance for a bit.

Tarinis.6054

Look I get they are a support role, but some of these boons are insane. Lets just focus on retaliation for now. First off, why is it 1:1 ratio of damage to reflect. This is probably the first mmo where an ability that reflects damage is 1:1. Secondly, even if your answer is no big deal, wait it out, it seems to have an INCREDIBLY short cooldown. For something so strong and a very excellent uptime, I see very little drawbacks tot his. It just seems to easy to use.

@Tarinis.6054 said:Look I get they are a support role, but some of these boons are insane. Lets just focus on retaliation for now. First off, why is it 1:1 ratio of damage to reflect. This is probably the first mmo where an ability that reflects damage is 1:1. Secondly, even if your answer is no big deal, wait it out, it seems to have an INCREDIBLY short cooldown. For something so strong and a very excellent uptime, I see very little drawbacks tot his. It just seems to easy to use.

Actually reflects in this game are not reflecting 1:1. The reflected attack uses the stats and modifiers of the person that reflected it has. This is why reflecting a deadeye's Death's Judgement rarely does more than tickle the thief that fired it.

@Tarinis.6054 said:Look I get they are a support role, but some of these boons are insane. Lets just focus on retaliation for now. First off, why is it 1:1 ratio of damage to reflect. This is probably the first mmo where an ability that reflects damage is 1:1. Secondly, even if your answer is no big deal, wait it out, it seems to have an INCREDIBLY short cooldown. For something so strong and a very excellent uptime, I see very little drawbacks tot his. It just seems to easy to use.

Retaliation reflects a set amount of damage per hit, the amount scales off of power. So striking a target with retaliation for 8k with eviscerate will cause you to receive about 250 damage from retaliation. However hitting that same target for 8k with rapid fire will cause about 2500 damage from retaliation (250 x 10 hits). So avoid using skills that do lots of small hits and try to just use big single hits against targets with retaliation.

Archived