Revenant Voices - How Do I turn them OFF?

Almost as annoying as the Job-O-Tron backpack are the voices from the "spirits" when I'm playing my Revenant... Kalla, King Jalis Ironhammer, etc. Out of nowhere, they strike up a little conversation with me, usually telling me how great I am while I'm doing something brave like standing in line at the bank. They don't do it very often, but it always seems to come out of nowhere... sudden LOUD speech in the middle of a quiet time. Startling and repetitive.

Is it possible to turn these voices OFF? And if so, what sounds am I going to lose? I want to hear important game cues, and I enjoy world ambience such as merchants and villagers talking, but I can live without my own extracurricular unnecessary chit-chat that comes out of nowhere and doesn't relate to anything I'm doing. For example, my Elementalist's "Eye of the Storm!" shout lets me know that my automated Stability buff has been cast, and will be on recharge for a little while. I don't want to lose that!

You know those voices in your head always talking to you, telling you things and probably driving you to kill more people and hide their bodies in a ditch somewhere? Yeah, you can't turn those off, same goes with Revenant legend voices. Just let them in.~

@"Kanok.3027" said:You know those voices in your head always talking to you, telling you things and probably driving you to kill more people and hide their bodies in a ditch somewhere? Yeah, you can't turn those off, same goes with Revenant legend voices. Just let them in.~

Yup! That's exactly what's happening. My Revenant hears voices, gets annoyed to the point of killing someone, and then goes out and kills someone.

Maybe it's the NATURE of these spiritual conversations that is so annoying. Instead of brown-nosing me, it might be better if the voice berated me.

"Quit standing around! I want to go kill something!"

(But it would have to have a MUCH greater variety of things to say, and not so danged LOUD!)

@Hamfast.8719 said:

@Kanok.3027 said:You know those voices in your head always talking to you, telling you things and probably driving you to kill more people and hide their bodies in a ditch somewhere? Yeah, you can't turn those off, same goes with Revenant legend voices. Just let them in.~

Yup! That's exactly what's happening. My Revenant hears voices, gets annoyed to the point of killing someone, and then goes out and kills someone.

The typical solution in this case would be making the 'someone' you go kill after getting annoyed be yourself, but since respawning is a thing that doesn't work. To find a more permanent solution we must go to the source of these Legends and kill that instead.

We have to kill the Mists.

Which ironically is what Kralkatorrik was doing before we killed him. Funny, that...