[Suggestion] Deveastation Trait that increases Energy regeneration — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Revenant

[Suggestion] Deveastation Trait that increases Energy regeneration

DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

Revenant has 4 ways of regenerating Energy.

  • go out of combat
  • use Core Skill F2
  • use Invocation Trait
  • Legend Swap

Corruption has a trait that slows down energy drain on upkeep.
Since Shiro Tagachi's kit is a fat and awful 135+ energy for the whole Utility i'd like to suggest a trait that increases Energy Regeneration.
Ideas (one of these):

Passively regenerate more energy if:
1. You have Quickness
2. You use teleportation skill; Unrelenting Assault, Frigid Blitz, Phase Traversal, Riposting Shadows, Deathstrike, Phase Smash
3. You are using Sword
4. You Siphon health from your enemy

Comments

  • zaswer.5246zaswer.5246 Member ✭✭

    If you want to save energy you could as well combine riptosing shadows and phase traversal so a first cast is tiptosing and a second cast is phase , energy cost 35 for both casts and a cd of 10 secs so it isnt too strong(it would maintain the boons).
    With this you reduce the overall energy cost and the free slot can be used to create a skill , id suggest a skill that launches a jade spear or for example 5 jade daggers with for example 1400 dmg that increases when hitting from behind the target or that resets its cd or reduces energy cost from behind , id make its cost 20 energy and 10 secs cd ( depending on the dmg)

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2020

    going out of combat doesnt even fill up my energy.... so just 3 ways

    they just made shiros skills to big ...
    it would be enough if:
    - Phase traversal wouldnt give quickness
    - the barrel roll doesnt give endurance , and doesnt remove cripple,immob&chills
    better would be to put chills&cripple on top of the new trait "Agressive Agility" ,which removes immob already on movement skills

    Lower utility, lower energy costs

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2020

    They should make it so that Aggressive Agility restores 10 Energy upon using a Movement skill in addition to removing Immobilize because right now, JUST removing Immobilize on movement skill is too weak and too situational for any Rev build in any setting.

    It's not that OP too, considering yu can't spam Movement skills anymore even if yu have the Energy refund, because yu have a forced 3 second cooldown on CtA and 5 second cooldown on PT, as well as all Weapon movement skills being like nearly 20 seconds cooldown.

    I can only see people using RS alot which could be an issue. (and imo they should have just removed Fury from RS and lowered the cost in the first place)

    I still think Shiro needs a hard rework.
    Right now it revolves around only 3 skills, 3 very powerful skills which are gutted, making Shiro literally unplayable in competitive without using unconventional builds to offset the Energy costs.

    His Heal skill is extremely weak and unreliable.

    Enchanted Daggers should get a flip cast.
    First cast : Heals for small amount and gives 5 daggers for siphoning as usual.
    Second cast : consumes all daggers to heal for 700 each.

    Impossible Odds is a joke.
    It's not anywhere good enough to cost so much Upkeep.
    I would actually rework it all together.
    Make it a standard 30 Energy Stunbreak which gives Quickness and Superspeed.

    Phase Traversal is extremely strong as not only a gap closer but a Quickness source for quick spikes.
    I think it's fine in the state it is right now but I would personally want it to inflict 5 Vuln stacks instead of Quickness.

    Riposting Shadows should reflect GW's version more.
    Instead of being a super powerful stunbreak and evade, I think it should work more like a Counter hit skill.
    Make it a Block skill which Shadowsteps to the target and hits them when the Revenant Blocks with it.

    And finally Jade Winds.
    I would change it to an Upkeep which inflicts 2 Vuln stack per second and then when yu end it, it will Stun and damage based on how many Vuln stacks are on the targets.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2020

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    They should make it so that Aggressive Agility restores 10 Energy upon using a Movement skill in addition to removing Immobilize because right now, JUST removing Immobilize on movement skill is too weak and too situational for any Rev build in any setting.

    It's not that OP too, considering yu can't spam Movement skills anymore even if yu have the Energy refund, because yu have a forced 3 second cooldown on CtA and 5 second cooldown on PT, as well as all Weapon movement skills being like nearly 20 seconds cooldown.

    I can only see people using RS alot which could be an issue. (and imo they should have just removed Fury from RS and lowered the cost in the first place)

    I still think Shiro needs a hard rework.
    Right now it revolves around only 3 skills, 3 very powerful skills which are gutted, making Shiro literally unplayable in competitive without using unconventional builds to offset the Energy costs.

    His Heal skill is extremely weak and unreliable.

    Impossible Odds is a joke.
    It's not anywhere good enough to cost so much Upkeep.
    I would actually rework it all together.
    Make it a standard 30 Energy Stunbreak which gives Quickness and Superspeed.

    And finally Jade Winds.
    I would change it to an Upkeep which inflicts 2 Vuln stack per second and then when yu end it, it will Stun and damage based on how many Vuln stacks are on the targets.

    Yes! i love the Quickness- Impossible odds. Could come in very handy.
    Also imo, jadewinds could be changed out to maybe something like a stealth skill, like assassins usually have.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2020

    @Virdo.1540 said:
    Also imo, jadewinds could be changed out to maybe something like a stealth skill, like assassins usually have.

    Guild Wars' Assassins had no access to Stealth.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:
    Also imo, jadewinds could be changed out to maybe something like a stealth skill, like assassins usually have.

    Guild Wars' Assassins had no access to Stealth.

    No? hm. I started playing long ago, but nether came to finish it until now. Thanks for the info. would be kinda fitting tho imo

  • alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

    Shiro must be the clunkiest assassin ever with this kit.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't think they want to add "must have" traits.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:
    I don't think they want to add "must have" traits.

    Yeah, me too. I feel like Devastation and Shiro are up for some serious reworks, as they feel clunky as hell and the reward for picking those in PvP is arguable.

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DonArkanio.6419 said:

    Yeah, me too. I feel like Devastation and Shiro are up for some serious reworks, as they feel clunky as hell and the reward for picking those in PvP is arguable.

    Devastation needs tweaks for sure, but atm it is an extremely powerful PvE traitline and viable PvP traitline only if yu are picking it for damage. (Alot of Devastation traits can be stacked to deal enormous opening damage to a target which is still possible but extremely risky)

    Shiro needs a complete overhaul, and I hope it happens by the next major balance patch.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020

    @Yasai.3549 said:

    @DonArkanio.6419 said:

    Yeah, me too. I feel like Devastation and Shiro are up for some serious reworks, as they feel clunky as hell and the reward for picking those in PvP is arguable.

    Devastation needs tweaks for sure, but atm it is an extremely powerful PvE traitline and viable PvP traitline only if yu are picking it for damage. (Alot of Devastation traits can be stacked to deal enormous opening damage to a target which is still possible but extremely risky)

    Shiro needs a complete overhaul, and I hope it happens by the next major balance patch.

    Power rev is in such a bad state in pve. You could have only ap in there and not much would change. Power revenant is non existant in pve and the super kitten legend and energy design is part of this. There are simply too few utilities. There is just one dps utility which is impossible odds. reworking that into the proposed quickness thing would result in 0 dps skills for pve.

    The easiest solution would be to have more than 3 utilities per legend to have some choice between offense and defense and stunbreak.

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nephalem.8921 said:

    The easiest solution would be to have more than 3 utilities per legend to have some choice between offense and defense and stunbreak.

    That would be great.
    Each Legend could really use some customization bar their heal and their elite.

    An additional 3 skills to swap in and out would do great.
    Personally I would rather just have IO reverted to its original form : Slight damage boost + Quickness + Superspeed.

    Especially these days we have so many busted specs which can pretty much get large amounts of quickness on demand in addition to insanely high damage multipliers without sacrificing resource which governs Weaponskills AND Utilities.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    Most Revenant skills are long, slow, have evade frames because it's by design to refill energy in the mean time, Ancient Echo does an incredible job and is more than plenty for the rest of the profession. I can't see myself having even more Energy than I do now given how devastating Revenant can be already.

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2020

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Most Revenant skills are long, slow, have evade frames because it's by design to refill energy in the mean time, Ancient Echo does an incredible job and is more than plenty for the rest of the profession. I can't see myself having even more Energy than I do now given how devastating Revenant can be already.

    Yea we need more Evade frames then.
    Ones that don't bug out consistently (Sword 3), animation lock and avoidable unless used for running away (Staff 5) or cost yur entire default Energy bar, putting everything on a 2 second global cooldown (Riposting Shadows).

    Yu know, I wouldn't mind an Evade frame on third strike of Sword auto chain, since that's what we are reduced to using half the time.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • Scoobaniec.9561Scoobaniec.9561 Member ✭✭✭

    Traits like that are becoming insta must have and reduces the build options. All traits should be optional, otherwise you end up with non existant build diversity. Regardless im still up for anet to completely get rid of traits in general bc its truly an old desing causing more harm than good.