[Suggestion] Deveastation Trait that increases Energy regeneration

DonArkanio.6419

Revenant has 4 ways of regenerating Energy.

• go out of combat
  • use Core Skill F2
  • use Invocation Trait
  • Legend Swap

Corruption has a trait that slows down energy drain on upkeep.Since Shiro Tagachi's kit is a fat and awful 135+ energy for the whole Utility i'd like to suggest a trait that increases Energy Regeneration.Ideas (one of these):

Passively regenerate more energy if:

1. You have Quickness
  2. You use teleportation skill; Unrelenting Assault, Frigid Blitz, Phase Traversal, Riposting Shadows, Deathstrike, Phase Smash
  3. You are using Sword
  4. You Siphon health from your enemy

If you want to save energy you could as well combine riptosing shadows and phase traversal so a first cast is tiptosing and a second cast is phase , energy cost 35 for both casts and a cd of 10 secs so it isnt too strong(it would maintain the boons).With this you reduce the overall energy cost and the free slot can be used to create a skill , id suggest a skill that launches a jade spear or for example 5 jade daggers with for example 1400 dmg that increases when hitting from behind the target or that resets its cd or reduces energy cost from behind , id make its cost 20 energy and 10 secs cd ( depending on the dmg)

going out of combat doesnt even fill up my energy.... so just 3 ways

they just made shiros skills to big ...it would be enough if:

• Phase traversal wouldnt give quickness
  • the barrel roll doesnt give endurance , and doesnt remove cripple,immob&chillsbetter would be to put chills&cripple on top of the new trait "Agressive Agility" ,which removes immob already on movement skills

Lower utility, lower energy costs

They should make it so that Aggressive Agility restores 10 Energy upon using a Movement skill in addition to removing Immobilize because right now, JUST removing Immobilize on movement skill is too weak and too situational for any Rev build in any setting.

It's not that OP too, considering yu can't spam Movement skills anymore even if yu have the Energy refund, because yu have a forced 3 second cooldown on CtA and 5 second cooldown on PT, as well as all Weapon movement skills being like nearly 20 seconds cooldown.

I can only see people using RS alot which could be an issue. (and imo they should have just removed Fury from RS and lowered the cost in the first place)

I still think Shiro needs a hard rework.Right now it revolves around only 3 skills, 3 very powerful skills which are gutted, making Shiro literally unplayable in competitive without using unconventional builds to offset the Energy costs.

His Heal skill is extremely weak and unreliable.

Enchanted Daggers should get a flip cast.First cast : Heals for small amount and gives 5 daggers for siphoning as usual.Second cast : consumes all daggers to heal for 700 each.

Impossible Odds is a joke.It's not anywhere good enough to cost so much Upkeep.I would actually rework it all together.Make it a standard 30 Energy Stunbreak which gives Quickness and Superspeed.

Phase Traversal is extremely strong as not only a gap closer but a Quickness source for quick spikes.I think it's fine in the state it is right now but I would personally want it to inflict 5 Vuln stacks instead of Quickness.

Riposting Shadows should reflect GW's version more.Instead of being a super powerful stunbreak and evade, I think it should work more like a Counter hit skill.Make it a Block skill which Shadowsteps to the target and hits them when the Revenant Blocks with it.

And finally Jade Winds.I would change it to an Upkeep which inflicts 2 Vuln stack per second and then when yu end it, it will Stun and damage based on how many Vuln stacks are on the targets.

@Yasai.3549 said:They should make it so that Aggressive Agility restores 10 Energy upon using a Movement skill in addition to removing Immobilize because right now, JUST removing Immobilize on movement skill is too weak and too situational for any Rev build in any setting.

It's not that OP too, considering yu can't spam Movement skills anymore even if yu have the Energy refund, because yu have a forced 3 second cooldown on CtA and 5 second cooldown on PT, as well as all Weapon movement skills being like nearly 20 seconds cooldown.

I can only see people using RS alot which could be an issue. (and imo they should have just removed Fury from RS and lowered the cost in the first place)

I still think Shiro needs a hard rework.Right now it revolves around only 3 skills, 3 very powerful skills which are gutted, making Shiro literally unplayable in competitive without using unconventional builds to offset the Energy costs.

His Heal skill is extremely weak and unreliable.

Impossible Odds is a joke.It's not anywhere good enough to cost so much Upkeep.I would actually rework it all together.Make it a standard 30 Energy Stunbreak which gives Quickness and Superspeed.

And finally Jade Winds.I would change it to an Upkeep which inflicts 2 Vuln stack per second and then when yu end it, it will Stun and damage based on how many Vuln stacks are on the targets.

Yes! i love the Quickness- Impossible odds. Could come in very handy.Also imo, jadewinds could be changed out to maybe something like a stealth skill, like assassins usually have.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

Yeah, me too. I feel like Devastation and Shiro are up for some serious reworks, as they feel clunky as hell and the reward for picking those in PvP is arguable.

Devastation needs tweaks for sure, but atm it is an extremely powerful PvE traitline and viable PvP traitline only if yu are picking it for damage. (Alot of Devastation traits can be stacked to deal enormous opening damage to a target which is still possible but extremely risky)

Shiro needs a complete overhaul, and I hope it happens by the next major balance patch.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Yeah, me too. I feel like Devastation and Shiro are up for some serious reworks, as they feel clunky as hell and the reward for picking those in PvP is arguable.

Devastation needs tweaks for sure, but atm it is an extremely powerful PvE traitline and viable PvP traitline only if yu are picking it for damage. (Alot of Devastation traits can be stacked to deal enormous opening damage to a target which is still possible but extremely risky)

Shiro needs a complete overhaul, and I hope it happens by the next major balance patch.

Power rev is in such a bad state in pve. You could have only ap in there and not much would change. Power revenant is non existant in pve and the super shitty legend and energy design is part of this. There are simply too few utilities. There is just one dps utility which is impossible odds. reworking that into the proposed quickness thing would result in 0 dps skills for pve.

The easiest solution would be to have more than 3 utilities per legend to have some choice between offense and defense and stunbreak.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

The easiest solution would be to have more than 3 utilities per legend to have some choice between offense and defense and stunbreak.

That would be great.Each Legend could really use some customization bar their heal and their elite.

An additional 3 skills to swap in and out would do great.Personally I would rather just have IO reverted to its original form : Slight damage boost + Quickness + Superspeed.

Especially these days we have so many busted specs which can pretty much get large amounts of quickness on demand in addition to insanely high damage multipliers without sacrificing resource which governs Weaponskills AND Utilities.

Most Revenant skills are long, slow, have evade frames because it's by design to refill energy in the mean time, Ancient Echo does an incredible job and is more than plenty for the rest of the profession. I can't see myself having even more Energy than I do now given how devastating Revenant can be already.

@Shao.7236 said:Most Revenant skills are long, slow, have evade frames because it's by design to refill energy in the mean time, Ancient Echo does an incredible job and is more than plenty for the rest of the profession. I can't see myself having even more Energy than I do now given how devastating Revenant can be already.

Yea we need more Evade frames then.Ones that don't bug out consistently (Sword 3), animation lock and avoidable unless used for running away (Staff 5) or cost yur entire default Energy bar, putting everything on a 2 second global cooldown (Riposting Shadows).

Yu know, I wouldn't mind an Evade frame on third strike of Sword auto chain, since that's what we are reduced to using half the time.

Traits like that are becoming insta must have and reduces the build options. All traits should be optional, otherwise you end up with non existant build diversity. Regardless im still up for anet to completely get rid of traits in general bc its truly an old desing causing more harm than good.

@Shao.7236 said:Most Revenant skills are long, slow, have evade frames because it's by design to refill energy in the mean time, Ancient Echo does an incredible job and is more than plenty for the rest of the profession. I can't see myself having even more Energy than I do now given how devastating Revenant can be already.

This is just straight up false. Revenant has all of 1 evade utility and 3 evade weapon skills and all of them are meant to be tied to their respective weapon and legend design except hammer, I cannot think of a reason phase smash has evade frames beyond being the only thing keeping it from being a bigger meme than it is.

Shiro has the most because he's an assassin so it makes sense for him to be slippery, not surprising he has two. Staff 5 is pretty obviously supposed to represent a stampeding centaur bowling through people. Hammer 3 is hammer 3. That's it. They're not 'designed to refill energy in the meantime', they're designed around the relevant theme of the legend.

Things like Ancient Echo are great for giving an option to play core rev, but it's a band aid on the obvious energy problems we have from Anet lazy nerfing them. Charged Mists has become a mandatory pick now for non core because of the ridiculous energy increases. This just pidgeon holes us into it to try to get around the horrible balancing decisions Anet makes, like just increasing energy costs over toning down super overbloated skills.

@CutesySylveon.8290Be my guest, I don't have problems playing with energy. You can wish for buffs but personally I don't think they are necessary. Not having any problems with it either and I don't used charged mists.

Whether you agree or not, evades are still used to stall and work cooldowns and it'll always be factually that way. Just like Thieves with Stealth or any professions for that matter can benefit from it the same.

Core Revenant has actually enough to one shot with 17k bursts in a matter of second while still able to put a fight, so having more energy given that the majority struggles in what I consider my comfort zone will make it all easier I guess, if the profession gets too simple I can always switch back to something else anyway, though I hope doesn't go that way because I like the way it is, everything fits neatly in place and I can see what Anet has been doing for it despite the bugfest.

@Shao.7236 said:@CutesySylveon.8290Be my guest, I don't have problems playing with energy. You can wish for buffs but personally I don't think they are necessary. Not having any problems with it either and I don't used charged mists.

Whether you agree or not, evades are still used to stall and work cooldowns and it'll always be factually that way. Just like Thieves with Stealth or any professions for that matter can benefit from it the same.

Core Revenant has actually enough to one shot with 17k bursts in a matter of second while still able to put a fight, so having more energy given that the majority struggles in what I consider my comfort zone will make it all easier I guess, if the profession gets too simple I can always switch back to something else anyway, though I hope doesn't go that way because I like the way it is, everything fits neatly in place and I can see what Anet has been doing for it despite the bugfest.

Not everyone is playing Core and has access to +25 Energy every 20 Seconds. A simple solution to Heralds/Renegades energy problem would be to completely remove energy costs from weapon skills. They already have long enough cooldowns.

@Xca.9721 said:

@Shao.7236 said:@CutesySylveon.8290Be my guest, I don't have problems playing with energy. You can wish for buffs but personally I don't think they are necessary. Not having any problems with it either and I don't used charged mists.

Not everyone is playing Core and has access to +25 Energy every 20 Seconds. A simple solution to Heralds/Renegades energy problem would be to completely remove energy costs from weapon skills. They already have long enough cooldowns.

I didn't include that, but it's the same with Herald or Renegade for that matter, I just can't find myself to think that I don't have enough energy, if I die, I die because I messed up. That's how I see it, while I am for Infuse Light nerf in PvP I am also for Gaze of Darkness buff to 20 seconds as well as Chaotic Release to 20 seconds too. I had to WvW tonight for The Shining Blade and taking off my dusty Herald Mallyx build I was still able to do quite the same crazy outnumbered fights as before (No I don't play Trailblazer or Dire, I don't use Torment Runes either. Can easily prove with any footage I have.) while I was asked to play some Herald Shiro the fights were a lot longer because of the lack of stability to guaranteed my damage compared core.

If anything Herald should have the least problem with energy as I don't see how people can run out so quickly in 10 seconds unless making the mistakes on purpose, even the so called metabattle site mentions it. It's clear that either Herald or Renegade are compliments that can't really replace the nature of Core. They all should be looked at like unique additions that don't replace Jalis and running without Jalis is losing 50% of sustain.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Xca.9721 said:

I didn't include that, but it's the same with Herald or Renegade for that matter, I just can't find myself to think that I don't have enough energy, if I die, I die because I messed up. That's how I see it, while I am for Infuse Light nerf in PvP I am also for Gaze of Darkness buff to 20 seconds as well as Chaotic Release to 20 seconds too. I had to WvW tonight for The Shining Blade and taking off my dusty Herald Mallyx build I was still able to do quite the same crazy outnumbered fights as before (No I don't play Trailblazer or Dire, I don't use Torment Runes either. Can easily prove with any footage I have.) while I was asked to play some Herald Shiro the fights were a lot longer because of the lack of stability to guaranteed my damage compared core.

If anything Herald should have the least problem with energy as I don't see how people can run out so quickly in 10 seconds unless making the mistakes on purpose, even the so called metabattle site mentions it. It's clear that either Herald or Renegade are compliments that can't really replace the nature of Core. They all should be looked at like unique additions that don't replace Jalis and running without Jalis is losing 50% of sustain.

Well, the energy problem doesn´t occure on Herald, but on for example Shiro when playing the Herald traitline (no Ancient Echo). Having to wait until your energy refills to use a weapon skill shouldn´t be a thing.

@Xca.9721 said:

@Xca.9721 said:

Well, the energy problem doesn´t occure on Herald, but on for example Shiro when playing the Herald traitline (no Ancient Echo). Having to wait until your energy refills to use a weapon skill shouldn´t be a thing.

Eh, think about it. You use any utility and a weapon skill after in pre patch and you're pretty much out of energy no matter what. Takes less time being able to stunbreak while everything else is to say the same, hard to say they hit the wrong things when the evade spam is out of the game now for every classes, even Daredevil isn't having as much of a uptime. You're always left with exactly the amount of energy needed, I say if they fixed Shiro bugged movement speed and reduced the upkeep to -6 it would make things much better for Shiro.

Should people play Herald more passively since the whole design around it is passive then activate compared core afterall. It's all about buffs. I still think Darkness and Chaos cooldowns are too high in the Revenant standards at 25 and 35.

I'm not just wishing for buffs, but also nerfs. I'd much rather have weaker utility skills that are fair to be used more often than extremely strong ones that I can barely ever use because they just keep going up in energy. Running Core obviously doesn't need Charged Mist because you have Ancient Echo, which is again just a bandaid fix to the increasing energy problems. You can like the direction all you want but you're in the clear minority here, and don't act like Anet has a design for what they're doing, stop it. They've shown over and over they have no idea how to balance the class with numerous changes to things that weren't needed and then quickly nerfing them, often through energy increases, when they realized they made something too strong that was fine before or needed nerfs to functionality in the first place. The original designs fit much more neatly in place but got thrown out the window with weapon swapping. The obvious fix if we were not losing weapon swap was to tone down the utility, not just make them too expensive to use.

Evades are not used to stall cooldowns but dodge important attacks. We're talking 1/2 to usually 1 second evades, blocks and stealth are useful for stalling because they're almost always much much longer but without a massive amount of evades like Daredevil, that is again false.

@CutesySylveon.8290Everything is a band aid fix nowadays, I don't believe it. I prefer SotM not because I have Ancient Echo but because it helps tanking better than having more energy. I ran Charged Mists in the past before Ancient Echo and still do when I feel like it, it's nothing new. The profession is fine, take the time to learn it.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

This is just straight up false. Revenant has all of 1 evade utility and 3 evade weapon skills and all of them are meant to be tied to their respective weapon and legend design except hammer, I cannot think of a reason phase smash has evade frames beyond being the only thing keeping it from being a bigger meme than it is.

Shiro has the most because he's an assassin so it makes sense for him to be slippery, not surprising he has two. Staff 5 is pretty obviously supposed to represent a stampeding centaur bowling through people. Hammer 3 is hammer 3. That's it. They're not 'designed to refill energy in the meantime', they're designed around the relevant theme of the legend.

Things like Ancient Echo are great for giving an option to play core rev, but it's a band aid on the obvious energy problems we have from Anet lazy nerfing them. Charged Mists has become a mandatory pick now for non core because of the ridiculous energy increases. This just pidgeon holes us into it to try to get around the horrible balancing decisions Anet makes, like just increasing energy costs over toning down super overbloated skills.

The evade on the hammer is because your character physically move to the target. You still trip on every wall skill so you can instakill yourself trying to use it in WvW.