MYSTIC CLOVERS — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

MYSTIC CLOVERS

Isn't it about time you folks put the same amount of Mystic Clovers rewards found in WvW and PvP tracks into the Dungeons and/or Fractals runs?
Most people would prefer to do them ABANDONED dungeon runs over WvW and PvP if there were better rewards...aka...mystic clovers.

Putting Mystic Clovers in them dungeons would revitalize DUNGEONS.
Putting mystic clover rewards in OTHER aspects of the game would only be fair.

At the current rate wvw and pvp players crafts legends 5x faster because crafting materials are rewarded just for playing 2 modes of the game that others find unappealing.

No I do not like getting CHEATED by the "upgrading/conversion" of the mystic forge to create Mystic Clovers. I would rather post here for Mystic clovers to be distributed evenly in all modes of game play.

Dump some on them dead Dungeon runs.

<1

Comments

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    No I do not like getting CHEATED by the "upgrading/conversion" of the mystic forge to create Mystic Clovers. I would rather post here for Mystic clovers to be distributed evenly in all modes of game play.

    at first this is not cheat. You can easy convert you gold to mystic clover. Also you can choose yourself what way you more like.

    would revitalize DUNGEONS.

    why we need do it ? I see each day dungeons runs. Yes, people from my guild don't take randoms players, only members. So If you see empty lfg - this is not mean that no one do that.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Fuzdom.6493Fuzdom.6493 Member ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020

    There will always be a small % that does anything and everything.
    I am just using Dungeons as an example. Put some in open world Meta Boss events, would be even better.

    I did not say that using the Mystic Forge was cheating. I said It cheats players ... with the requirement to lose mystic coins and other items.

    Also note you said " I can use my gold to pay for it" when wvw and pvp do not use their gold to pay for mystic clovers in track rewards. Put some in open world Meta Boss events, would be even better.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    I am just using Dungeons as an example. Put some in open world Meta Boss events, would be even better.

    don't see an y reason to do that. People who want leg - can buy it on TP, wihtout any meta or dungeons, or etc.

    I did not say that using the Mystic Forge was cheating. I said It cheats players ... with the requirement to lose mystic coins and other items.

    requirement only one - gold. And this is great.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Fuzdom.6493Fuzdom.6493 Member ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020

    Hmm I must be a total newb for not knowing this

    "requirement only one - gold. And this is great."

    Can you post detail on trading 1 gold for 1 mystic Clovers? Again why should I pay for it when wvw and pvp gets it FREE in reward tracks.

    Can you put some in world events for pve-ers? As in guaranteed drop like in guaranteed reward track and not some super duper random luck.

  • Fuzdom.6493Fuzdom.6493 Member ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020

    I wouldn't know about gold farming, sorry.
    I don't farm gold.

    So I'm fine with it if you think pve makes more gold, balance it out and reduce the gold.

    I would rather everyone be happy AND have mystic clovers in pve land - BUT -

    Wvw and pvp makes up for the gold with SKINS and other stuff too like GIFT of BATTLES, Memories of stuffs...etc. SO that already balances out the gold part...no?

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    I wouldn't know about gold farming, sorry.
    I don't farm gold.

    So I'm fine with it if you think pve makes more gold, balance it out and reduce the gold.

    I don't think pve makes more gold. I know it does.

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    I would rather everyone be happy AND have mystic clovers in pve land.

    I'd assume most players would prefer having the higher gold reward and no Mystic Clovers, given that MC see only use in legendarys and most players do not craft those. So going by your wish: let's keep it the way it is.

  • Fuzdom.6493Fuzdom.6493 Member ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020

    You assume pve makes more gold.
    You assume most players do not want legends.

    BOTH can be wrong, especially the legends part.

    As far as the assuming pve makes more gold...if they farm like a d*g ... I don't mind reducing the gold drops if devs make guaranteed SKINS available too for pve - like wvw and pvp skins rewards.

    It's all about "BALANCE"!

  • Fuzdom.6493Fuzdom.6493 Member ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020

    I am sorry but I am not PRO like you.

    And again you Assume that you are the only one that played 8 years and did all the contents. Ask any GM or Devs :) how long I've played and what content I've done and the legends I've crafted.

    Players that don't craft do not craft them because of how hard it is to get the "mats".

    As for the skins...do tracks get skin. 4500 skins...are for everyone.
    This isn't about skins....you went off the tracks.

    Not sure why you are against it. It is for everyone, especially the new players and less active players and less fortunate ones.
    Maybe you don't like that it would level the playing field a bit....like the middle class don't like the poor rising up to middle class?

    I'm just an advocate for fair play....I have all the legends I want already LOL.

  • Fuzdom.6493Fuzdom.6493 Member ✭✭

    Again you miss the point Cyn.

    MAKING UP WITH GOLD IS PAYING FOR IT.

    Wvw and pvp do NOT pay for it. They get REWARDED IT for just playing wvw and pvp.

    PVE should get reward it for just playing pve too , no? make it TTT drop or Teq drop , no?

    LOL.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    Hmm I must be a total newb for not knowing this

    no problem, welcome !!

    Can you post detail on trading 1 gold for 1 mystic Clovers? Again why should I pay for it when wvw and pvp gets it FREE in reward tracks.

    we gw2 have great wiki
    use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover

    Can you put some in world events for pve-ers? As in guaranteed drop like in guaranteed reward track and not some super duper random luck.

    why we need this ? anyway pve players alsdo have guaranteed 2x per day. Vendor BUY-4373 BUY-4373 waits you! He sell me 500+ mystic clovers.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    Again you miss the point Cyn.

    MAKING UP WITH GOLD IS PAYING FOR IT.

    Wvw and pvp do NOT pay for it. They get REWARDED IT for just playing wvw and pvp.

    PVE should get reward it for just playing pve too , no? make it TTT drop or Teq drop , no?

    LOL.

    PvE rewards more gold. That gold can be converted to Mystic Clovers IF SO DESIRED. If not, the player can decide to keep his gold. You are actively advocating to make the system worse for every player in pve who is not interested in Mystic Clovers.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    It's all about "BALANCE"!

    this is no any balance for me anywhere, no in drop, not any balance in class, or build, and I don't wait any balance and don't wait it also.
    If you see some more profit from some action and you like do it - welcome. No one can stop you.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    Players that don't craft do not craft them because of how hard it is to get the "mats".

    This is secrets in gw2. This is Trading Post. On this you can buy any mats, or get precursors for that mats.
    Use it.

    Not sure why you are against it. It is for everyone, especially the new players and less active players and less fortunate ones.

    if player new, or less active why we should give him leg asap ?? Ofc he can way buy gems, and concert it to gold. And again - No one can stop you !!

    Maybe you don't like that it would level the playing field a bit....like the middle class don't like the poor rising up to middle class?

    yes, I agree whit you and don't like that too. Poor should be poor.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Fuzdom.6493Fuzdom.6493 Member ✭✭

    Can you post detail on trading 1 gold for 1 mystic Clovers? Again why should I pay for it when wvw and pvp gets it FREE in reward tracks.

    we gw2 have great wiki
    use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover

    UMM.....bots are stealing MY mystic coin and 150 relic coins .... LOL that isn't even near free like reward tracks as mentioned above where the mystic forge STEALS my mystic coin too and others.

    What you have against clovers being dropped in world boss events?

  • Fuzdom.6493Fuzdom.6493 Member ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020

    Cyn
    I am only advocating for mystic clovers to drop in PVE land like they are guaranteed in REWARDS tracks, nothing else.

    You and Lare however wants pve players to spend their gold and mystic coin and fractal relics and obsidian shards and whatever the other stuff that are required to PAY just to convert for a random chance in mystic forge - something wvw and pvp players get guaranteed and FREE.

    • AND yes PAYING for it on the Bot in fractal is guaranteed...BUT still PAYING for it.

    What/WHY you have against clovers being dropped in world boss events in pve land?

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    Can you post detail on trading 1 gold for 1 mystic Clovers?

    yes, I do it in prev post. Ok, take one more
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover
    after read read again.
    after that read this "Both Mystic Forge recipes have technically identical costs. Neither one guarantees a Mystic Clover; there is a chance that you will receive other items. Drop rate research suggests that both recipes have an equal chance of receiving Mystic Clovers, approximately 30-32%. "
    After that take calculation from mystic coin by TP, and you will get you price.

    Again why should I pay for it when wvw and pvp gets it FREE in reward tracks.

    You should not. You can choose. The rle is simle - don't like - don't do.

    UMM.....bots are stealing MY mystic coin and 150 relic coins ....

    is make change 100% if you not need any others t6 mats. Also this vendor don't by pass. You can not trade if not like.. I buy it, and he sell me 500+ .. so I like this vendor.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What you have against clovers being dropped in world boss events?

    yes, I not like if clovers being dropped in world boss events.
    Also the clovers is not absolutely problem for players who play 4-6 years.
    So the rule is simple:
    Take a hard, play each day 8+ hours and you will get is also.
    Don't have time but want leg? trading post waits you !!!

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Fuzdom.6493Fuzdom.6493 Member ✭✭

    "Also the clovers is not absolutely problem for players who play 4-6 years."

    Well I do agree with you there Lare, lol.

  • Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If u convert gold/hour it looks like that. Wvw players get 2 clovers per 6-8h, and almost 0 gold .crafting 1 cover cost on avarage i think 5g? Open World farm gives u 30 g/h. Dungeons give... No idea, i dont play it, dungs were already dead when i started to play, but ye obviously thats forgotten content that need reward revamp. Which propably wont happen cuz of low populations.

    make prepardness baseline plz

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020

    @Safandula.8723 said:
    If u convert gold/hour it looks like that. Wvw players get 2 clovers per 6-8h, and almost 0 gold .crafting 1 cover cost on avarage i think 5g? Open World farm gives u 30 g/h. Dungeons give... No idea, i dont play it, dungs were already dead when i started to play, but ye obviously thats forgotten content that need reward revamp. Which propably wont happen cuz of low populations.

    Dungeons come out at about 15-20 gold per hour for experienced (not speedrun) groups. They are still a good source of gold if you can get a group of dedicated players together. It's just way simpler to do the solo open world farm or other farms available.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Safandula.8723 said:
    I Open World farm gives u 30 g/h. Dungeons give... No idea, i dont play it

    currently people do 40-42g per h in dungeons. ofc skill versus. No skill - no gold. Of non skilled more easy be in some pve train and get 25-27g per h

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Antycypator.9874Antycypator.9874 Member ✭✭✭

    You have to play wvw if you want to craft a legendary weapon (mystic clovers are mostly used in legedary crafting), because Gift of Battle is available only through WvW reward track. So... it's weird if someone has a problem with mystic clovers from wvw or pvp, but gift of battle is totally OK.
    Mystic clovers can be obtained from PvE. Buy 2 of them (daily) from Fractal vendor or buy mystic coins and gamble in Mystic Forge.

    Master of garbage builds and being useless.

  • Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Loool. Ok i were wrong than, it dont need reward revamp

    make prepardness baseline plz

  • zombyturtle.5980zombyturtle.5980 Member ✭✭✭

    They dont want to add any more incentives to dungeons as they dont want players completing them in large numbers, since development and support for them is dead.

    If you want guaranteed clovers just do the wvw reward tracks?

    Pve gets way more loot and its far easier to craft legendaries if you are a pve player so I dont think they need more ways to get clovers in PVE specifically.

    I wouldnt be against seeing other ways however, as long as they are similar to fractals and cost more overall than the RNG method.

  • @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    Again you miss the point Cyn.

    MAKING UP WITH GOLD IS PAYING FOR IT.

    and pve makes you a metric ton of gold without much effort.

    Wvw and pvp do NOT pay for it. They get REWARDED IT for just playing wvw and pvp.

    yeah, playing wvw or pvp for HOURS rewards you some very few mystic clovers. Seriously, it is faster and easier to do Silverwastes RIBA and buy, then to go for mystic clover via reward tracks.

    PVE should get reward it for just playing pve too , no? m

    and you get so many rewards pvp and wvw players can only dream of (if they would care), if anything, pvp/wvw rewards need an extreme boost (like 200%) to get even in the same league as pve rewards. Not close, just same league.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Again why should I pay for it when wvw and pvp gets it FREE in reward tracks.

    Um we pay for them because we make way less per hour in those modes

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Opening post is spoken like someone who doesn't WvW.

    PvE makes far more than WvW or PvP.

    If it bothers you so much you can try it out yourself.

  • flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    Again why should I pay for it when wvw and pvp gets it FREE in reward tracks.

    Um we pay for them because we make way less per hour in those modes

    Hmm I think assume you way too much things about the numbers of clovers you are going to be able get through WvW/PvP. It is not like if you could get a mystic each time you open a chest in WvW or each time you either loose or win in PvP. And we all know that in order to progress these track faster you need all the boosters + winning the match-ups. That is not something available to any random casual that decides to play WvW/PvP.

    It is true that you are going to get some for free but how many hours is it going to take? No matter how you spin it, it will require dedication whether you are a only PvE player or a WvW/PvP, unless Anet decides at some point that mystic clovers becomes a daily resource that requires a broader supply.

    Other than that, using your alt account to give traction to your complaint, I find it very lame.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    Again why should I pay for it when wvw and pvp gets it FREE in reward tracks.

    Um we pay for them because we make way less per hour in those modes

    Hmm I think assume you way too much things about the numbers of clovers you are going to be able get through WvW/PvP. It is not like if you could get a mystic each time you open a chest in WvW or each time you either loose or win in PvP. And we all know that in order to progress these track faster you need all the boosters + winning the match-ups. That is not something available to any random casual that decides to play WvW/PvP.

    It is true that you are going to get some for free but how many hours is it going to take? No matter how you spin it, it will require dedication whether you are a only PvE player or a WvW/PvP, unless Anet decides at some point that mystic clovers becomes a daily resource that requires a broader supply.

    Other than that, using your alt account to give traction to your complaint, I find it very lame.

    I copy what the op wrote once then answered hence the 2 lines. The reward tracks progress the same win/losing and you have the option of buffs. The pips are winning/rank reliant. I have many and at this point at the end of the reward track if they gave me the option to take 2 mc or 6g I'd take the gold even tho the mc probably worth about 5g ea. So yeah I understand I didn't quote the dude I copy paste then answer but your argument is mostly vs him

  • ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Fuz, you seem to have no understanding of the concept of opportunity cost. Read up on it.

  • Pax.8692Pax.8692 Member ✭✭

    @Shikaru.7618 said:

    @Fuzdom.6493 said:
    Cyn
    I am only advocating for mystic clovers to drop in PVE land like they are guaranteed in REWARDS tracks, nothing else.

    You and Lare however wants pve players to spend their gold and mystic coin and fractal relics and obsidian shards and whatever the other stuff that are required to PAY just to convert for a random chance in mystic forge - something wvw and pvp players get guaranteed and FREE.

    • AND yes PAYING for it on the Bot in fractal is guaranteed...BUT still PAYING for it.

    What/WHY you have against clovers being dropped in world boss events in pve land?

    Because it doesnt need to drop. You already get the most clovers by being a pve player. You get the most gold which translates to the most clovers. If you dont want rng, use fractal relics to guarantee 2 everyday. By allowing them to drop you take away the main incentive for mystic coins to be traded which casual players use as a source of income.

    Since you dont seem to understand the math I'll lay out easy numbers for you to understand.

    Spend 6 hours in wvw or pvp get 2 clover guaranteed with some trash drops amounting to like 3g.

    Spend 1 hour in fractals get 2 on a daily basis, along with 15g in drops after you've subtracted the cost purchasing from the fractal vendor.

    Since I have no faith you'll actually understand the above, heres an even easier analogy. You are complaining that your boss wont pay you in cheeseburgers and is instead paying you a 1 million dollar salary. You see intern Timmy gets paid in cheeseburgers and ask why cant I get paid in cheeseburgers instead of 1 million dollars.

    As a PVE only player, I have to say this was very well said.

    OP, please do this test yourself when you have time. Start in WvW , note your gold and time yourself how long it takes to get the "free" Mystic clovers you mention.

    Then after that, spend the same amount of time in Fractal T4's. Again, note your gold when you start, note your fractal relics as well.

    Once you spend the equivalent time in Fractal T4's as you did in WvW. Compare the two results.

    You'll see that WvW isn't "free" Mystic clovers. The time spent is what they are paying instead of currency. In PVE we get much faster currency than they do. Because it takes them much longer time wise to get the same Mystic Clovers we can by buying.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    The Mystic Clovers in wvw and pvp as guaranteed rewards are balanced against those game modes wealth gain (and I guarantee you, I am very sure a LOT of pvp and wvw players would love to get gold instead of Mystic Clovers).

    And what the OP just isn't getting, is the super-secret-awesome-answer is: PLAY MORE THAN JUST ONE GAME MODE.

    I do my T4 fractal dailies and play WvW, as well as PvE metas. I get a large chunk of gold from fractals, crafting mats from metas, and from WvW I get clovers, transmutations charges, tomes of knowledge, unid dyes, mystic coins, obsidian shards, and even more crafting mats (both for gear and ascended food).

    It's almost as if ANET designed the game so those who partake in multiple game modes at the same time reap the maximum of rewards. Odd premise that...

  • Aridon.8362Aridon.8362 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2020

    They're just mystic clovers...just take your time making your legendary. The rush isn't worth it. Once you've gotten it you must have seen it a thousand times in a preview window anyway.

  • Gryxis.6950Gryxis.6950 Member ✭✭✭

    If anything needs a buff to rewards it's wvw, not pvp or pve

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    have ask that in guild and get answer:
    the summary is - why pve players need myct clover and legs at all ?
    so current balance is ok.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • You don't have to make legendaries you know, you could just credit card farm Gen 1 legendaries on the TP without having to craft anything or dealing with mystic clovers.

  • Grave.9258Grave.9258 Member ✭✭

    Well, to be honest, in my opinion dungeons would benefit this. This change would bring a lot of people back. The problem is adding even 1 clover per succesfull run would decrease value of legendary items drastically. How about receiving a clover from repeatable achievements. Lets say 3 dungeons = 1 clover similar to Dungeon frequenter achievement? Lately I've been returning to dungeons with my brother to feel nostalgia again and honestly it's sad that people abadoned this content. If i had to bet how much people do Dungeon runs i'd bet on lower than 5%. It is fast, doesnt require meta squads and you do not die from 1 shot like in T4 fractals. Just a form od relax that could bring something useful to you and woulndt feel like you lost your time while you could make 20g in the time you've spent in dungeons. Dungeons can be also done solo if it's not restricted with mechanics like arah p1 or cof p1. If people would have more interest in dungeons, streams and YouTube channels would benefit aswell by teaching ppl how to solo the content. Im kinda fed up with fractals and raid runs with full meta restrictions, waiting for hours for pug team to form up and ppl rq after 1 fail, we need something to relax on after a day in work. Of course this is only the way to attract more people by expanding possibilities. It wouldn't be mandatory to run it, you can always go to fractals if it fits you better and just Craft clovers when you need them.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Grave.9258 said:
    Well, to be honest, in my opinion dungeons would benefit this. This change would bring a lot of people back. The problem is adding even 1 clover per succesfull run would decrease value of legendary items drastically. How about receiving a clover from repeatable achievements. Lets say 3 dungeons = 1 clover similar to Dungeon frequenter achievement? Lately I've been returning to dungeons with my brother to feel nostalgia again and honestly it's sad that people abadoned this content. If i had to bet how much people do Dungeon runs i'd bet on lower than 5%. It is fast, doesnt require meta squads and you do not die from 1 shot like in T4 fractals. Just a form od relax that could bring something useful to you and woulndt feel like you lost your time while you could make 20g in the time you've spent in dungeons. Dungeons can be also done solo if it's not restricted with mechanics like arah p1 or cof p1. If people would have more interest in dungeons, streams and YouTube channels would benefit aswell by teaching ppl how to solo the content. Im kinda fed up with fractals and raid runs with full meta restrictions, waiting for hours for pug team to form up and ppl rq after 1 fail, we need something to relax on after a day in work. Of course this is only the way to attract more people by expanding possibilities. It wouldn't be mandatory to run it, you can always go to fractals if it fits you better and just Craft clovers when you need them.

    So the 15-20 gold per hour you get from dungeons when running through semi casually (but knowing what to do), half of it as direct gold reward, is not enough?

    Not to mention if you actually speedrun dungeons, which increases the reward even more?

    Where do players get this notion that dungeons are unrewarding? They are almost as rewarding as fractals AND repeatable. The reasons dungeons see less play is that open world is just as rewarding when farmed, and does not require organization. The answer here is NOT to simply buff rewards for a content which is already quite rewarding.

    Here: https://gw2dungeons.net/Records#23d3HbFdvM those are very old records. Most are in the 2-3 minute range per path.

    Most of the paths are doable in 2-5 minutes for groups that know what to do. Even if we assume 10 minutes per path, which is rather long, that's a total of 1h 20 minutes for a full Dungeon Frequenter run. Which will net 950 dungeon tokens (800+150) and a direct gold reward of minimum 7.8 gold (2.8 gold from paths, 5 gold from dungeon frequenter). That is before ANY drops, additional tokens or any token conversion. Most tokens convert to 20-35 copper per token according to gw2efficiency, which yields another 2-3 gold.

    So, to summarize: A slow group which does a dungeon frequenter run in 80 minutes (sub 60 minutes is easily doable with not perfect pro players, speeruners can do this in 30 minutes and less), will get a guaranteed minimum 8 liquid gold, 2-3 more gold in tokens before factoring for ANY loot in form of salvage, rares or exotic items.

    Not seeing it, sorry.

  • aleron.1438aleron.1438 Member ✭✭✭

    Do we really advise Fuzdom.6493 to go into WvW so he witnesses things directly? With his mentality and lack of understanding, he's gonna come back with a dozen threads to nerf X and Y. ^_^

    My dear Fuzdom.6493, like some others have said, read up on opportunity cost.
    Know why legendary items in GW2 aren't just acquired through real hard gameplay achievements grind? They are also part of an array of tools to balance the game economy by acting as big sinks. Mystic clovers are also sinks. And in PvE where there's an overabundance of drops, the need for bigger sinks. Make no mistake, your greed and cupidity wouldn't go unanswered, oh no no no, for the next day a legendary weapon for example wouldn't require 77 mystic clovers but 99 or 123. Catch our drift now?

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    so summary, what leg wep? go and buy it on TP.
    Need gold? but not want play ? buy gems.

    Problem solved?

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    So, while we add Mystic Clovers to PvE content, do we also reduce the gold gain in PvE to the levels of WvW and PvP?

    I absolutely love this. After I read this post I knew it not be received well. Could you imagine the uproar if the rewards were nerfed in PvE. Just imagine Pip chest for active PvE players with reduced rewards after they hit Diamond!

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Want more Clovers? FotM and WvW. Go farm RIBA. Turn gold into Mystic Coins, make clovers. Your ability to get clovers is directly correlated to the effort you put into it. Bonus: all the mats you get from the MF from creating clovers can be sold if you do not also need them for more gold to buy more Mystic Coins to make more clovers.

  • Wisty.4135Wisty.4135 Member ✭✭✭

    As a reference, after you get the one-time reward tracks out of the way, half of the pvp/wvw tracks yield no clovers. Others yield 2 upon completion. average completion time for a track (no buffs/boosts/outnumbered) is about 8 hours. That's 4hrs/clover, or 302 hours for all 77 clovers needed for one legendary.

    Fractals, conversely, you can do your daily T4's in say, 30-60 minutes and get all of the materials and gold needed to buy 2 clovers from the golem. Granted, this is daily gated meaning it'd be about 2 months with just this method, but that's still ~< 30 minutes per clover + an additional 10-15 gold per day.

    With that being said, I feel dungeons would still be underpopulated even if clovers were included. Fractals are a smarter choice, gold/hour wise, and if the dungeon runs had clover gain per hour scaled to match the other game modes, it'd likely not be worth the time unless you were desperate/extremely impatient.

  • TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2020

    How about exchanging raid tokens for mystic clovers and mystic coins once per week?

    Once the legendary armoury is out - there is going to be very little need for ascended drops at all once one of each weight and weapon type has been obtained.