Taming electric wyvern

@"Faux Play.6104" said:Given that dragon's stand is a ghost town, is there another or going to be another way to get one?

Dragon's Stand isn't a ghost town, you just have to catch the start of the meta event, which takes you to a different instance of the map (which is why you don't see anyone on the "default" instance of the map).

Having to complete a meta even in a > @Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Faux Play.6104" said:Given that dragon's stand is a ghost town, is there another or going to be another way to get one?

Dragon's Stand isn't a ghost town, you just have to catch the start of the meta event, which takes you to a different instance of the map (which is why you don't see anyone on the "default" instance of the map).

It took a couple days to get into a map that had people in it, and it was only after the instance I was in ran out of time and put me into one that had people in it. Having a pet tied to the completion of a meta event seems a little extreme. They already moved the tiger to a different map, why not the wyvern?

Yea as others said check the LFG. When i first started hot i seen forum posts about ghost town DS even then that was 10 months ago, but in my case guess i got lucky first few times landed the squad instance, because it was a bustling meta event. As i went on vistited the map more and more and more often i started seeing the ghost town illusion. Just everybody piling up in one map instance and squading up makes sense for that meta, because you need 3 decently sized squads to get through the entire meta. If everybody was spread out accross multiple instances it never succeed.

As a pet behind an event wall, not uncommon thing for anet in gw1 only way you could get the black widow pet was to complete a pretty grueling quest in the underworld instance dungeon. At first it was hard as one had to have pretty much all human group to pull it off that worked well together. Ofcoarse these days after they allowed 7 heros and/or henchmen into these instances it became much easier to get. But that didn't even come till the release or close to release of gw2. GW1 been out what like 7 years before then maybe little longer.

Got one of my rangers to DS last night. Had to watch a video to remember how to get from TD to DS, as it seems I've only got one other character who's made it that far (my thief, of all things, that for some reason long forgotten still hasn't been to Dry Top). Logged in this morning -- perfect timing -- the Big Event was just about to start and there were plenty of people involved due to the daily.

Ready... set... GO! Wham bam! Wham bam! Fight fight fight! Yay! Good job! Now run in circles for 15-20 minutes and remember: if you try to help someone you will most likely suffer for it because someone thought that would be fun. Who was it? Send them to remedial fun class! Then I got pooped upon several times by ghost pepper-fueled wyverns or something well beyond the capabilities of my tired old reflexes. Hurry back! Then finally at long last boom, done! Here's a boatload of cheap blue and green junk and a handful of junk rares to salvage for ecto or chuck into the toilet for your efforts. Now hustle up and try to do everything/go everywhere you can't normally do/go here, in a luxurious and leisurely 15 minutes. Hurry, hurry! Whee.

So anyway, I got the juvenile electric wyvern, which was something I hadn't really thought of getting before I saw this thread. I'm assuming it's capable of soloing champs and stuff, considering all you have to go through to get to it. If it can't solo champs while you're, say, digging potatoes or smoking crawdads or whatever, well, then I agree that it should be put somewhere people can access it without having to do all that damned headless chicken style running in circles. We should have cool little karts to ride around and around in. Yeah.

Archived