Gizmo to avoid lightning in Vabbi Branded area?

I know you can skimmer or glide. But what is the point of jackal portals in this area? If you manage to find cover to switch to jackal, you get killed so quick that even if you make it through the portal, you can't orient before you're downed, let alone get out of combat so you can switch to skimmer.

Is there a gizmo or food to protect you on foot or on a non-skimmer mount?

If there were enough places of cover, it might count as a challenge, but as it is, it's mostly just frustrating and stupid.

@"Mr Cranch.3768" said:I know you can skimmer or glide. But what is the point of jackal portals in this area? If you manage to find cover to switch to jackal, [...]

You don't have to "find cover" in order to switch between mounts. Unmount and watch the mount skill in your skill bar. You will notice that for a split second between lightnings the dropdown arrow becomes available; you can click it, select a different mount, then spam the mount skill to mount again.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m surprised they didn’t make branded lightning resistance as a mastery track.

I think there will be one. I've seen items and other things in those lightning areas that I don't think people would head for unless they have a death sentence (or spam the mount button like hell like I sometimes do when I switch between Skimmer/Springer to get to certain areas).

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m surprised they didn’t make branded lightning resistance as a mastery track.

I think there will be one. I've seen items and other things in those lightning areas that I don't think people would head for unless they have a death sentence (or spam the mount button like hell like I sometimes do when I switch between Skimmer/Springer to get to certain areas).

That’s a possibility. They’ll have new mastery tracks for the next LS segments. If we’re going further into branded areas for the story then a Mastery track for that would be an option.

You do realize that the Branded Fury is especially suited to the Griffon and Skimmer, there's almost no reason to go to ground without being under cover or inside one of those Djinn bubbles, at least not one the I've found. Except maybe for the Serpent's Ire meta, but then I haven't done that one yet...everything else is either under cover or under those bubbles.

@Zaklex.6308 said:You do realize that the Branded Fury is especially suited to the Griffon and Skimmer, there's almost no reason to go to ground without being under cover or inside one of those Djinn bubbles, at least not one the I've found. Except maybe for the Serpent's Ire meta, but then I haven't done that one yet...everything else is either under cover or under those bubbles.

Already mentioned there's some ore, chests, items (one of the worn pages is right in the fury area with no cover), that you can't do while mounted.

Archived