download speed — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

download speed

im an old school vanilla player and decided to give this game other try, now im only downloading at 45mb/s thats 400mb aprox my internet is 900mb should download at +100mb/s, fix ur download server kthxbay.

Comments

• rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

That's not an issue with the servers, it's your wifi.

If you are running it at 2 GHz, try enabling 5 GHz to allow faster download rates so it doesn't cap at 45 mbit/s.

Even connecting an ethernet cable (and maybe using a faster vpn route ) can help quite a bit.

• AIex.4105AIex.4105 Member
    edited March 20, 2020

@rng.1024 said:
    That's not an issue with the servers, it's your wifi.

If you are running it at 2 GHz, try enabling 5 GHz to allow faster download rates so it doesn't cap at 45 mbit/s.

Even connecting an ethernet cable (and maybe using a faster vpn route ) can help quite a bit.

Lol, i dont use wifi for pc, its a direct cat5e cable so your theory is not valid, and again is MB/S not mbit/s, I do test speeds and shows 930 megabites speeds its clearly Anet download server caped to 45mb/s, im on a gigabyte fiber.

• rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2020

Good on you for using a wired connection then, and yeah mbit/s vs mb/s doesn't matter since they convert into eachother, also your original post lacked the information.

It seems very likely you are capping out on their end then given you don't have a cheap/faulty cable or others devices/users on the same network, however this still means you can download the game with it's 2 expansions and plethora of updates in just about 18 and a half minutes - which I guess can be quite a while if you want to play but if anet needs to restrict their data flow to protect their servers I kinda get that too.