Anyone find any usefull pvp/wvw dagger builds?

Eleazar.9478

It's because it needs an evade or a teleport gap closer. I always thought it should have been a ranged dagger for condi and then leave axe as the power ranged.

I don't even know why they went with MH Dagger with SBeast, it's very rare to see a SBeast use it, except for sPvE and some condi SBeasts in PvP that can be counted on my 2 hands.

@Eleazar.9478 said:Yes I know the weaknesses of dagger and have been experimenting with it alot I just cant seem to make it work maybe if it didnt have the 1st auto attack and skill 2 had some utility or cc, bud idk anyone else find anything?

Tried my hardest to make a d/d build work in WvW using condi, power, or hybrid and the damage output was just abysmal. And this was before the recent nerfs.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:Yes I know the weaknesses of dagger and have been experimenting with it alot I just cant seem to make it work maybe if it didnt have the 1st auto attack and skill 2 had some utility or cc, bud idk anyone else find anything?

Tried my hardest to make a d/d build work in WvW using condi, power, or hybrid and the damage output was just abysmal. And this was before the recent nerfs.

Well now it would be better to run it since everything got nerfed, i really think if dagger 2 had a CC perhaps I could really do somthing

Ive been thinking of comboing bristleback fro the sharpend stone in Bm, plus sharp stone uttily with trait with vulutre stance and mad king runes dagger warhorn one wolf

I have been trying all sorts of builds with mixed results. So far I have liked the quickness bursts from dagger and its synergy with Vulture Stance and Predator's Cunning, trying to maximize poison application with Quickdraw Dagger 4/Shortbow 2. I haven't really landed on a particularly good build yet though...still playing...still a bit rusty on Ranger too.

I found builds working and played it in top 100 pvp and never felt less effective than meta because you can share stances with others aswell. As someone already stated here predators cunning with vulture stance and dagger is strong. Shortbow is great second weapon choice while i mostly rotate s/d or d/d depending on map and need of mobility. Double dagger is harder because less mobility but stronger condi aplication and faster overall while u have 2 leaps for smokefield and another leap on smokescale. S/d is usually better option but you can check my channel if u interested in dagger performance. This video is before patch but have version after it with 1 pet only on channel.

This one is post patch...

like the recent spirit rework, M/H dagger is one of those, WTH are they thinking things. was this even playtested in WVW? would love to have melee condi weapon as an option but current dagger not even close to balanced with other weapons.

i think for WVW, minimum improvement would include:

• dagger #2 should be made 240 AOE, like a fan of knives-type skill (optional, +0.5sec quickness per target hit)
  • dagger #3 leap is good but distance ought to be 600, increase the recharge to balance

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:Dagger 4 is the 2nd hardest hitting ranger weapon skill.

How so? Does each individual stack apply life steal too or are you just meming?

With the 100% increase in damage to movement impaired foes it's literally the 2nd hardest hitting weapon skill ranger has.

Just tested it you're right and it does indeed stack with pred cunning, since that stacks 5 poison its hits 5 times and nets you 980ish extra damage plus whatever condi damage actually ticks thus indeed coming close to maul. man if only dagger mh had a cc or evade double dagger would be scary, perhapps having a cripple on auto would be good too (sword dosnt benifit from preds cunnning

@Eleazar.9478 said:

With the 100% increase in damage to movement impaired foes it's literally the 2nd hardest hitting weapon skill ranger has.

Just tested it you're right and it does indeed stack with pred cunning, since that stacks 5 poison its hits 5 times and nets you 980ish extra damage plus whatever condi damage actually ticks thus indeed coming close to maul. man if only dagger mh had a cc or evade double dagger would be scary, perhapps having a cripple on auto would be good too (sword dosnt benifit from preds cunnning

(Tested with zekerstats in pvp with div runes)

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Yeah once dagger mainland gets an evade d/d is IN imo

I really hope they don't do to SB what they did to berserker just before path of fire dropped. Completely gutting the class and trying to force it to go condi.. then mid way through PoF it became power again, and maybe a hybrid choice now. Instead that they fix dagger and maybe improve upon the beast abilities to fit a hybrid theme without deleting it from power builds.