Sand Swell "nearby enemies" is near the entrance or exit?

Druitt.7629

I can't test it right now, but it's fairly clear that the barrier should apply to allies that actually interact with the portal. Some questions, if you've been able to test it:

1. Which enemies get hit by the boon corruption: those within 180 (its radius) of the portal exit or those within 180 of the portal entrance?
  2. It seems obvious that the barrier would apply to each ally using the portal, but is the boon corruption only applied by the Scourge (i.e. at the initial cast), or is it also applied by each ally passing through? (That is, would an enemy at whichever end of the portal that gets hit have one boon corrupted per ally using the portal -- which seems exploitable -- or not?)
  3. Can CC or other issues keep you from actually going through the portal once you've interacted with it? (Or in the case of the Scourge, once you've cast it.)
  4. If the answer to #2 is "yes" -- you can be prevented from going through the portal -- would you still get the barrier? (In some sense, is the barrier dispensed to you upon entrance or successful exit?) Would you still corrupt boons?

Thanks! I'm a bit underwhelmed with Sand Swell, so am trying to think how it might be used more intelligently. It's not really a blink -- if I understand the distinction -- in that it needs a path from you to the casting point. But it's also fairly short-range and has a cast delay. It feels like you could dodge roll twice and beat it, but that's probably an exaggeration.

@Druitt.7629 said:Thanks! I'm a bit underwhelmed with Sand Swell, so am trying to think how it might be used more intelligently. It's not really a blink -- if I understand the distinction -- in that it needs a path from you to the casting point. But it's also fairly short-range and has a cast delay. It feels like you could dodge roll twice and beat it, but that's probably an exaggeration.

I personally just wish it had a 1500 range :/

Archived