Insect Slayer Achievement Not Advancing

kellin.7594

I have tried to progress the achievement on my alt account without success. I tried killing

• Wasps & Fireflies in Gendarran, both of which should count according to the wiki.
  • In Caledon/The Verdance, I killed Termites (which aren't 'insects' apparently), wasps, mosquitoes
  • In Silverwastes, I killed Giant Spotted Beetles and Giant Beetles.

@Sariel V.7024 said:What are you using to kill these critters?

Weapons, not utilities. However, I'm pretty sure that the method of killing doesn't matter much as long as your character is responsible for the killing blow.

My alt has no problem progressing wurms (via nearby grubs in several of the locations); only the Insect Slayer achievement was stalled.

I had gotten slayer confused with weapon mastery. Kills by pets, minions, phantasms, and condition damage all do not count towards weapon mastery. I don't think that applies to Slayer achievements but it could be worth a look.

That said, I looked at the original thread and this appears too widespread to be just an issue with those things.

@Sariel V.7024 said:I had gotten slayer confused with weapon mastery. Kills by pets, minions, phantasms, and condition damage all do not count towards weapon mastery.Yeah, that does confuse people. First, you have to learn that 'killing while wielding' isn't sufficient, then you have to unlearn that :(

@Sariel V.7024 said:I don't think that applies to Slayer achievements but it could be worth a look.As I said, I was careful to ensure that the killing blow was delivered by weapons, not even from utilities.

That said, I looked at the original thread and this appears too widespread to be just an issue with those things.It's a weird one for sure.

I noticed this bug a month ago and sent a ticket last week about it after making sure I wasn't doing anything wrong or hitting the wrong insects.I got no answer yet though I'm glad that at least one of you got one :)Just to add some more info about the bug :Insect slayer is the only one stuck for me, at 487/500.I tried killing all kinds of insects in all kinds of regions this last month but nothing made it increase by even 1 point. I tested all other slayer achievements, they work fine.Insect slayer works fine for my friends, as well as all other slayer achievements they actively tested so far.So few people seem to be affected by this bug, or maybe many people didn't notice/check ? or already finished it I suppose :)

@Thenme.6491 said:the patch notes said that there was a fix though mine is still buggedmy drake slayer achievement is also bugged.

Works for me. I killed an insect, achievement incremented by +1. Killed a drake; drake slayer +1. And for good measure, killed a devourer and got +1 on that chieve, too.

@Thenme.6491 what did you kill and where? Perhaps it's just a specific type of foe or some other unexpected mismatch.

Archived