Get Imperator rank but NOT moving up ranks achievement — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Get Imperator rank but NOT moving up ranks achievement

I hav tried the steel forge mission twice now in good groups - got to the end and awarded with imperator rank. However the moving up ranks achievement is not being received by anyone in he group

Comments

• Same here, just finished with Imperator rank and didn't get the achievement for it. On a side note, Heavy Rival is also not progressing.

• Katreyn.4218Katreyn.4218 Member ✭✭
    edited March 22, 2020

Have done this twice and didn't get credit. Don't think even the instance starter got it.

Edit: Did the 4CM today and it worked. Maybe the achievement is poorly worded. But seems weird there is a hidden achieve for the 4CM but Imperator doesn't necessarily need the 4CM, so probably bugged.

• MikeG.6389MikeG.6389 Member ✭✭✭

@GrizzledLone.3954 said:
    Same here, just finished with Imperator rank and didn't get the achievement for it. On a side note, Heavy Rival is also not progressing.

I have done the events for Heavy Rival a few times now. I got a single credit, only, and I have no idea what I did differently then... Maybe the timer for that event has to actually run its course, instead of finishing automatically when the main event around it is done? I'm just guessing here.

• Same for me i have finished on Imperator at least twice now and didnt get it.
    I did however see a group selling that achievement tonight witch makes me think there is a trick to it, I didn't ask the seller coz I figured it would lead to a sales pitch of some sort and no info.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, same here. Did it many times and got it. Maybe it is required YOU participate in every single of the events? Which is practically impossible during some moments. You basically have to rush to be the sniper 100% of the time or what

I rather choose death.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MikeG.6389 said:

@GrizzledLone.3954 said:
    Same here, just finished with Imperator rank and didn't get the achievement for it. On a side note, Heavy Rival is also not progressing.

I have done the events for Heavy Rival a few times now. I got a single credit, only, and I have no idea what I did differently then... Maybe the timer for that event has to actually run its course, instead of finishing automatically when the main event around it is done? I'm just guessing here.

For that one not just finishing event is not enough you need to have 15 kills on it.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

We all got the ranks achievement by doing the strike with all 4 CMs active. I didn't participate in any of the sniper or collection events and still got it.

• Well, the description says just finish it as Imperator rank, not to do it with 4 CMs turned on. We finished with 2CMs on Imperator rank, but no achievment was granted to anyone in the squad. So either it is a bad description or needs to be fixed.

Almorra (to Bangar): Kiss my hairy A$$!

• Glass Hand.7306Glass Hand.7306 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2020

Same here, just finished with Imperator rank and didn't get the achievement for it. Had 3 CMs turned on.

• Just did it with 4CMs and achievement was granted.

Almorra (to Bangar): Kiss my hairy A$$!

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

It seems the general consensus on those who have gotten it is that you need to have all four CM’s activated. Whether this is intentional is up for Anet to chime in on.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can confirm I tried many times without 4 CMs, immediately got it when they were active.

I rather choose death.

• IDK if it's working as intended, but seems redundant to have a hidden achievement that requires all 4 CMs if the visible achievement also requires all 4 CMs.

• Agreed. It also seems particularly misleading that an achievement that only says "Reach X thing" doesn't pop when you reach X thing, instead requiring you to do Y which it gives absolutely zero indication of you having to do.

If the achievement says to reach Imperator rank, you should get it for reaching Imperator rank. No additional strings or requirements attached.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2020

@Bridget Morrigan.1752 said:
    IDK if it's working as intended, but seems redundant to have a hidden achievement that requires all 4 CMs if the visible achievement also requires all 4 CMs.

Yeah, I'd suspect that's the bug: the achievement unlock is attached to the same criteria as the hidden achievement (all 4 CM active) and not to the criteria that it's supposed to trigger on (i.e Imperator).

I got Imperator twice now w ith 3 CM active and no unlock.

• Chocofox.9503Chocofox.9503 Member ✭✭
    edited March 29, 2020

received the imperator rank but the achievement did not trigger. submitted a bug report with a screenshot as well