Scourge Q: was my character also a sand shade? Was that nerfed or from an trait I'm overlooking?

Tinker.6924

Been gone for 6+ months and started playing gw2 and my scourge necro again. I vaguely remembered that when I entered desert shroud that my character would "pulse" instantly along with my sand shade, just as if my character was another sand shade. It definitely wasn't the delayed explosion from Harbinger. That instant pulse doesn't seem to happen anymore. Was that an ability that was nerfed or provided by a build trait?

Thanks

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:Been gone for 6+ months and started playing gw2 and my scourge necro again. I vaguely remembered that when I entered desert shroud that my character would "pulse" instantly along with my sand shade, just as if my character was another sand shade. It definitely wasn't the delayed explosion from Harbinger. That instant pulse doesn't seem to happen anymore. Was that an ability that was nerfed or provided by a build trait?

Thanks

Yeah that was changed. now you have the option, put a shade on the ground and have it pulse there or don't cast one and have the effects pulse on you.

Now if you have any shade planted on the ground you no longer get aoe around the character itself. So you either spam the shade at your own feet, forget about cleave/condi cleansing from F2, barriers etc, or just dont put shades at all, become completely melee.

Oh, and also you no longer inflict cripple with any F1-5 ability. If anything wants to leave your shade area you have no way of stopping it.

I just gave up on the spec, rolled condi reaper, decided the game is in an awful state and took a break.