Soulbeast nerfs are not fair.

Murshid.9854

I really cant understand soulbeast nerfs, soulbeast wasn't OP at all in PvP or PvE to begin with to justify nerfing it that much, soulbeast had no tier1 meta build in PvP but it got nerfed more than other class that have multiple t1 meta builds.

It seems to me that some people have in their mind that ranger is the noobs class (we have a lot of noobs indeed) so when they get rekt by good ranger they start to assume that the class is OP cause the ranger (noob in their mind) can't defeat and outplay them except if they play an OP class/e-spec so therefore they go crying all over asking for nerfs and unfortunately mostly it happen and baaam we get a new ranger nerf.

Everything was nerfed and SB with it's large multipliers was mostly untouched. This was coming for a long time. Doesn't have to be OP by the definition of most people, the fact you can stack high multipliers on top of high scaling when everything in this game got nerfed is stupid.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Murshid.9854 said:I really cant understand soulbeast nerfs, soulbeast wasn't OP at all in PvP or PvE to begin with

That's absolutely false.They were and still somewhat are over-performing.

In doing what? a glass cannon spec that requires all stars to align?...that's not worth a price tag

Having access to two pets and being able to merge with them was too strong.The merge was too strong on some skills. Did you expect Rock Gazelle to still deal too much damage?The weapon nerfs are in line with all other professions.

@Blocki.4931 said:Everything was nerfed and SB with it's large multipliers was mostly untouched. This was coming for a long time. Doesn't have to be OP by the definition of most people, the fact you can stack high multipliers on top of high scaling when everything in this game got nerfed is stupid.

@"Valar Dotalis.6409" said:Screenshot of a damage log I took on March 14.

Taken March 14

-Takes 36,000 damage-Still alive

uh what?

More to the point, if I can lay down that kind of damage willy nilly then why am I told to reroll when I bring a ranger into a zerg?

Surely being able to instagib 5 people in mere seconds should make us top pick

Something's just not adding up

@Substance E.4852 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Everything was nerfed and SB with it's large multipliers was mostly untouched. This was coming for a long time. Doesn't have to be OP by the definition of most people, the fact you can stack high multipliers on top of high scaling when everything in this game got nerfed is stupid.

Taken March 14

uh what?

More to the point, if I can lay down that kind of damage willy nilly then why am I told to reroll when I bring a ranger into a zerg?

There has, and always will be ranger hate. Its stupid, but it exists... sadly I doubt highly that will ever change

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Taken March 14

uh what?

There has, and always will be ranger hate. Its stupid, but it exists... sadly I doubt highly that will ever change

The funniest part is we're supposed to nerf a class that can take down a build that can, apparently, withstand over 30k damage in less than a minute

I distinctly remember the era of "fights that never end" and people hated it

@Substance E.4852 said:

Taken March 14

uh what?

The funniest part is we're supposed to nerf a class that can take down a build that can, apparently, withstand over 30k damage in less than a minute

Those people are all but gone, there are a few of us but the majority of the guild wars populace from what I see never touched the first game. And didn't show up until at least HoT; The ones who have been here for a long time are silent and come and go. Ranger hate exists because people love to hate on pet classes, which is stupid as I love pet classes. Traveling the world with a animal companion or shapeshifting? My two favorite things.... So I feel you.

Sadly I doubt it will ever stop....

@Murshid.9854 said:It seems to me that some people have in their mind that ranger is the noobs class (we have a lot of noobs indeed) so when they get rekt by good ranger they start to assume that the class is OP cause the ranger (noob in their mind) can't defeat and outplay them except if they play an OP class/e-spec so therefore they go crying all over asking for nerfs and unfortunately mostly it happen and baaam we get a new ranger nerf.

Probably a large part of it. I tend to take a 'don't call anything OP unless you've found it to be OP while playing it yourself' approach - just because you get killed by something doesn't mean it was OP, you might have been hard countered by something that has its own hard counters, or simply outplayed. You generally can't really get a feel for what a build's weaknesses are or how complex it actually is to run until and unless you play it yourself. A lot of people clearly don't share that principle, though.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Taken March 14

uh what?

Which is also true if you replace "ranger" with any other profession. Except possibly warrior.

@Substance E.4852 said:

Taken March 14

uh what?

That damage includes warclaw hp, normal hp (marauder's thief), and downstate hp. No, I did not survive lol. Nice strawman zerg argument though.

@Substance E.4852 said:

Taken March 14

uh what?

The funniest part is rangers who think their build takes skill defending 30k+ burst damage like it wasn't OP. As for "withstanding" 30k damage, he bursted through warclaw hp, normal hp, and downstate hp. This isn't about the HP I have, it's the insane damage that rangers were able to dish out even after the first nerf. 19.5k damage for pressing F3 is so skillful, fair, and balanced, you guys.

Soulbeast damage is NOT the problem .The big numbers are not coming from the soulbeast attacks alone. IT"S COMING FROM THE BOON SHARE !!! It's the boons that are problem. This has been the problem since HOT . FIX THE "F" ING BOONS. Until the boon share is fixed we will see the same meta and the same classes dominating the play field . If SoulBeast was so darn OP Then why Is it NOT dominating the game . Because it's not over powered and never was over powered. What it was doing was disrupting the META and the people playing the META don't like that.
I won't even hesitate the the Devs are even cratering to this and have absolutely NO interest of balancing the game in WvW .Waiting patiently 8 years to have ranger brought up to a position to actually compete in WvW just to have it completely destroyed over and over again . I'm tired and seriously considering on leaving . But I guess since I don't play the META I won't have an effect on ANETS bottom line

@Valar Dotalis.6409 said:19.5k damage for pressing F3 is so skillful, fair, and balanced, you guys.

Thief players crying about fun and fair is true irony

@Valar Dotalis.6409 said:That damage includes warclaw hp, normal hp (marauder's thief), and downstate hp. No, I did not survive lol. Nice strawman zerg argument though.

Actually it's completely valid because you people love to cry crocodile tears about how this is a completely normal thing that happens all the time

If ranger could spam 5 digit mauls and WI's with no effort or setup we'd replace hammer rev's as dps

Taken March 14

Survived over 50k damage (including those Rapid Fires, and how is it possible to deal 2.9k Rapid Fires after the balancing patch?) Now that's something. Something isn't right here...Edit : and that Charge damage... wasn't it nerfed badly...

@Eramonster.2718 said:

Taken March 14

Survived over 50k damage (including those Rapid Fires, and how is it possible to deal 2.9k Rapid Fires after the balancing patch?) Now that's something. Something isn't right here...Edit : and that Charge damage... wasn't it nerfed badly...

This is why I call BS on these complaints . Either this persons armour is less than 400 or the soul beast is heavily booned by the Guardian.. Even with full might and full Blood lust with full berzerker build with the old skill-specific coefficient of 1.5 , and 3971 power , worldly impact damages for 3127 on 2200 armour. With a crit about 11K. That's typical crit damage on any glass build.

Charge would crit for 8K on glass 2200 armour . Also not unusual . Any class can do similar or better damage on a glass target.And this is what ticks me off about these complaints . They point the finger specifically at the Ranger/ Soul beast when it' s the boons being handed out like candy by the Guardian /Firebrand . The soul beast with long bow /Great sword can't stack 25 might without help. Even with full concentration power would suffer .It's the boon sharing . No build should be able to have all boons maxed to 25 with a 100% up time. And no class should be able to share or deliver that amount of boons.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Fresh reinforcement and nature magic doubles the value and duration of any boons a ranger gets. That sounds op

Only they nerfed concentration bonus from nature magic and that would require you to run nature magic and heavy boon focused gear ...that leaves 1 slot free and the inability to deal any sort of high dmg because it's either marksmanship or beastmastery or wilderness survival

The latests nerfs to ranger weren't fair because they were all wrong. It did fix nothing, Soulbeast is still a meme class with only potential to kill afk players.The proof is nobody plays ranger in competitive PvP and you can't see any decent soulbeasts in WvW anymore.

I personally shelved this game until all classes get the balance they need and Anet stop with the fails.

@"anduriell.6280" said:The latests nerfs to ranger weren't fair because they were all wrong. It did fix nothing, Soulbeast is still a meme class with only potential to kill afk players.The proof is nobody plays ranger in competitive PvP and you can't see any decent soulbeasts in WvW anymore.

I personally shelved this game until all classes get the balance they need and Anet stop with the fails.

Well, balance is what ANet's dev does, the main issue is not balance it's bad design. ANet need to work more on making the different mechanisms design healthy for the game than playing with numbers to "balance" things. There is truly a need to acknowledge that some mechanisms are broken before talking about balancing things. Unfortunately ANet's devs prefer to continue on with broken things and focus on trying to make them less broken by tweaking numbers.