Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

191011121315>

Comments

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

Could we please get some kind of update on this? T . T

• @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

I think many of us are very anxious about any kind of update on the progress of this. Is there anything at all you can tell us that will assure us if this is getting worked on or not?

• This turned into one of those '"We'll definitely keep you updated so we can get feedback early on in development" -> not another mention for over half a year and counting' features huh. Going by their statement that they'd keep us updated from early in development, I guess we can deduce they haven't started yet.

• when i heard about this news, i got so excited that i started working on my legendary armors (all 3 sets) and accessories. half a year later and still no update. what a bummer.

• I wish we could get an update by now. Would this be similar to the wardrobe?

I would be happy even if we got an update that it's not going to happen. Can we get maybe more shared inventory slots? This would make switching the gear much easier. I'm already maxed out and am still willing to pay for 20 more...

• Tulki.1458Tulki.1458 Member ✭✭✭

I was excited and actually wanted to start creating more legendaries / complete the other two weights of legendary armour at the announcement of this feature.

But I'm assuming since it was pushed back, and then revealed to still be in the planning phase, and now there have been no further updates, that it has been cancelled along with alliances.

• @Tulki.1458 said:
    But I'm assuming since it was pushed back, and then revealed to still be in the planning phase, and now there have been no further updates, that it has been cancelled along with alliances.

This is why I would be happy to get more shared slots. Armor is the only one I usually share between characters also some utilities and food. This takes most of the shared slots I have.

Also, removing the armor from each template and switching the runes gets annoying sometimes, but I'm losing all hope... sort of prepared to deal with it at this stage. Can't wait for proposal of crafting the leg runes...
    Weapons idc about at all, ascended ones are quite cheap compared to armor.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@NotTooFoolish.7412 said:
    This is why I would be happy to get more shared slots. Armor is the only one I usually share between characters

Ouch. Since there are no Equipment Templates, only Loadouts, it must be a pain in the behind.

Can't wait for proposal of crafting the leg runes...

?? Can you explain what you mean, as they have already been available for a long time now?

• @Ashantara.8731 said:
    ?? Can you explain what you mean, as they have already been available for a long time now?

They are an option, but they seem to be a bit overpriced for what they offer. Grinding is a part of MMO experience, but those took it a bit too far.
    Let's take a look at Leg Heavy Boots ~300 G to complete... Legendary Rune ~380 G if you were to buy the materials.

Crafting the legendary armor was a matter of convenience for me and the equipment templates are helping a lot e.g. on Ranger, Mesmer or Guardian. Taking the gear from HFB to BS (there are much worse examples, this is the one I've been facing recently) however, takes removing the gear from 3 templates, removing a set of runes, dropping the armor on BS, switching the stats again, popping in the runes (hopefully not for both condi and power variants). There's always an ascended option, but getting 5 sets of armor instead of 1 legendary set is not very appealing, even with the lucky drops from raids and/or fractals. Weapons are really not much of an issue, e.g. I've been getting a new ascended axe when gearing new class, despite having gen 2 Astralaria just to avoid removing it from multiple templates when sharing it with other characters (currently in use for 4 Ranger templates).

I was very excited to get the Armory, seeing lack of the updates on the topic I'm really discouraged to go for more classes...

• Balsa.3951Balsa.3951 Member ✭✭✭

OK I guess we can forget about it.
    anyway thanks anet motivated me to make 2 underwater L weapons

• I already accepted that this only comes with the expansion. But I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't leave

• @suzako.1526 said:
    I already accepted that this only comes with the expansion. But I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't leave

It wouldn't make any sense to leave it for expansion and spoil it in advance. Especially since, we won't see the expansion until fall 2021. That is ofc the optimistic version.

• My thoughts.

You can make them withdrawable like Zenith skins in achievements tab, but limited to the amount stored in the Armory (e.g. store 2 Legendary Runes into the armory, every each character in the account can withdraw up to 2 Legendary Runes). This way, every single character can have a set of armor for themselves, thus can transmute the skins into whatever they like, and every character can have a unique appearance. Didn't read the long thread, not sure if anyone already brought this one out.

Also, I'd love the idea to be able to use different skins on each equipment template. How about fashion slots that unaffected by armor skins? I don't mind if you make this Legendary Armors owners only perk.

• Dark Red Killian.3946Dark Red Killian.3946 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2020

@Raffrey.5271 said:
    My thoughts.

You can make them withdrawable like Zenith skins in achievements tab, but limited to the amount stored in the Armory (e.g. store 2 Legendary Runes into the armory, every each character in the account can withdraw up to 2 Legendary Runes). This way, every single character can have a set of armor for themselves, thus can transmute the skins into whatever they like, and every character can have a unique appearance. Didn't read the long thread, not sure if anyone already brought this one out.

Also, I'd love the idea to be able to use different skins on each equipment template. How about fashion slots that unaffected by armor skins? I don't mind if you make this Legendary Armors owners only perk.

I think having a separate box next to the armor that is just for wardrobe selection would be good. So your base armor remains unaffected. Transmutating armor just goes away. Instead, you have a transmutate slot next to the armor or weapon piece. Select the transmutate slot, pick the skin you want, pay a transmutate charge, and there you go. This can be template specific, so you can have a different look per template, and it would not affect sharing with other characters so you can pick your own looks for them. I think this is pretty solid if they can make it happen.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why some people sure that in legendary armory include ARMOR ?? not only weapons ??
    I am not sure .. and don't info that in armory include armor ..

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• @lare.5129 said:
    Why some people sure that in legendary armory include ARMOR ?? not only weapons ??
    I am not sure .. and don't info that in armory include armor ..

Because it us stated that ANY legendary item is included in the first post. Does not say weapon or armor, but legendary item, which would mean anything with the legendary status.