Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged] - Page 9 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

Comments

• Hagbard.7192Hagbard.7192 Member ✭✭
    edited April 11, 2020

Hope it will be possible to disable the legendary trinket effect e.g. make dem skinable and it is possible that each character uses an own skin for his armor and weapon.

• @Fire Attunement.9835 :
    That is very nice for relatively new players like me (1 year) that are just starting crafting legendaries with the idea of stopping after 1-2 weapons and an armor sets for the main.
    Now i really want to get at least 1 legendary of every type for amorrs and weapons so i can gear properly all of my alts (16 characters and growing... :D ). That also make easy to create and gear new characters (and that is 800 gems spent on the store pe new character).

If i may, I also have a little suggestion for you:
    since this feature is a nice-to-have for veterans but is primarily aimed at new players (i suppose you saw tha most players in the game are actually deserting the legendary crafting feature...), instead of a buyable gem store upgrade, wouldn't it be better to create new structured Collection Achievements to unlock each Legendary Armory slot? For example, 1 achievement to unlock Axe Legendary Armory Slot, another one for Headgear Legendary Armory Slot, and so on....
    That would require us to partecipate in more stuff, like metas, world bosses, JPs, fractals, the hype for the new feature would last much longer than just "ok, we all bought it, we're good now". Also that would add new obtainable APs that cold interest even those veterans with a lot of legendaries that are over 30k AP already with no ways to get more.

• Kami.8342Kami.8342 Member ✭✭

@GalenWolffit.3842 said:

• If one legendary Ring (or Accessory) is created and added to the Armory, would it be usable in both equipment slots on a character at the same time? (Hopefully not?)

Absolutely Not. They are already marked as "Unique". Even if you could dupe a Coalescence right now, you would be unable to have two on the same character.

• This is a great idea. For those with multiple armor weights of the same type, there should be some sort of salvage option with a decent return on salvage.

Already the coming existence of this feature has me working on legendaries. (I'd made one piece of legendary armor previously and decided it wasn't worth the trouble. It's not like restating ascended is hard or all that expensive). But now that I will be able to share across multiple toons of the same weight, I've made 4 more pieces and will make a 5th in the next few weeks. Actually converted some gems to gold to do some of it. I am also buying more build and equipment templates slots already.

I would like to see transmutation by template slot. As that would cause me to continue to buy transmutation charges, as opposed to using far fewer of them, I am sure Anet will implement that feature. (While we are at it, how about hair style by slot, for those of us with permanent hair contracts :) )

This comes down to QOL but also some simple math on the internal stats that Anet has for the game. Yes, some people did multiple legendary sets per armor weight but how does that compare to the players (like me) who just made lots of ascended sets? I bet the latter outweighs the former. IIRC I have 6 light, 2 medium and 4 hvy sets. They just aren't that hard to come by compared to legendaries. I'll be happy to salvage them all in time and won't regret the expense.

Makes me wonder if template slots aren't selling as hoped and this is a way to increase sales. Seems like a win-win. I'm happy to buy more slots if I can share legendary armor.

Now making a legendary is a lot more trouble than an ascended, so I'd encourage Anet to provide a decent return on salvage, a fair amount of gold, shards, tickets, and not just some matrices :).

Also, I'll now consider doing legendary trinkets and the like, when I previously had no interest (for an established player there are a crazy number of ways to get these.)

• For people with duplicate legendaries, I guess one simple solution would be for ANet to unbind all leftover legendary duplicates so people could sell them on the market.
    1. Angry people get their gold.
    2. More people can actually emjoy the armory update.

Just sayin...

• Faith.3807Faith.3807 Member ✭✭

So... Did this not come out today or am I missing something?

• suzako.1526suzako.1526 Member ✭✭

I expected you to leave today haha

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Faith.3807 said:
    So... Did this not come out today or am I missing something?

It's not in the patch notes, so no.

• For people with duplicates, just refer to the current system of build templates especially with regard to legendaries. Crafting a full 9 sets may not have been worth it now considering this but at the very least, you won't have to deal with the horrible/half decent implementation that we have to expect with legendary armory

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Solanum.6983 said:
    I'm hoping that it wont cost anything to unlock the armory since making any legendary is already very expensive and time consuming, If I have to pay even more to add it to the armory or unlock it in there then I'm out and I'll stick to ascended.

You can bet it won't be given away for free, but even if they charge 500 gems, that's like 200g on a bad day.

Ascended weapons costs about 50g, and ascended armor is around 40g or so per piece, so figure a set of ascended armor + 1x 2H weapon costs about 300g. If you wanted a second alternate set with different stats, another 300g or so, etc.

But if you already have a set of legendary armor in that weight class, paying 200g to give that character access to it would be a bargain (and ANET knows this, which is why I'm 99% sure they will charge for it).

Depends what they want to do with it. If they want to incentivize people to play more (and make legendaries), the armory should be free. If they want to make a cheap cashgrab instead (and disincentivize people from making more legendaries), they will make it cost (probably a lot).
    Seeing their implementation of template system, i am not very hopeful. I'm certainly not going to invest anything more into legendaries than i've already had until i'll know how they'll decide to solve this.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I think this armory should be free, if it won't be free and they plan on adding a fourth type of monetization to their template system then they need to say so now.

• It would to easy for Anets competitor to hire players into making duplicate legendaries so they could deliberately hamper Anets ability to evolve their software into a much more feature rich game. They shouldn't take much notice to the "ethical problem" of duplicate legendary owners imo, making 2 of the same was already like a "shot to the foot".

_/_ [SSSh] Secret Society Service _/_
    [Respect Ur Opponents, We All Provide Eachothers Fun]
    Blackgate Since Season 1

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

so there is no any destructive if skin will be bound on character parts, but not on items.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• @Salicia.5943 said:
    You're not going to get compensated. You used the legendary for all the time until this update. You made it for convenience, and experienced the convenience.

A long time ago before Shared Inventory slots were "implemented" people didn't forsee that they only needed 1 Copper Fed Salvomatic. People bought 1 for each character. That's over 2,000g if you bought 9. To this day you can still see them in Deroir's bank. He didn't get compensation nor anybody else. I understand your fight, trust me I almost made 9 sets I'd be pissed. But you also have to look at it from the other end of the spectrum. Why should you get something special that the rest cannot get? Anet isn't going to cater to the 2% that crafted 9 sets of legendary armor. This new system is amazing for anybody who didn't craft multiples of legendary. I would hate to see that 2% ruin it for the other 98%.

I mean - they could make it right for all 100%? Anything short of 100% is a fail at my work. Hard for me to believe Anet let's its designers get away with this. The entire build template ecosystem is a train wreck, but they keep adding to that instead of adding other actual important updates? It's the compounding of bad decision making for me.

@phantom.1675 said:

@Salicia.5943 said:
    You're not going to get compensated. You used the legendary for all the time until this update. You made it for convenience, and experienced the convenience.

A long time ago before Shared Inventory slots were "implemented" people didn't forsee that they only needed 1 Copper Fed Salvomatic. People bought 1 for each character. That's over 2,000g if you bought 9. To this day you can still see them in Deroir's bank. He didn't get compensation nor anybody else. I understand your fight, trust me I almost made 9 sets I'd be pissed. But you also have to look at it from the other end of the spectrum. Why should you get something special that the rest cannot get? Anet isn't going to cater to the 2% that crafted 9 sets of legendary armor. This new system is amazing for anybody who didn't craft multiples of legendary. I would hate to see that 2% ruin it for the other 98%.

I mean - they could make it right for all 100%? Anything short of 100% is a fail at my work. Hard for me to believe Anet let's its designers get away with this. The entire build template ecosystem is a train wreck, but they keep adding to that instead of adding other actual important updates? It's the compounding of bad decision making for me.

It's not a matter of ArenaNet letting them get away with it. ArenaNet instructed them to do it.

The designers wouldn't have wanted to carve the system into three parts for monetization.

That's a business decision.

The designers would have wanted a template system like the ArcDPS one just better integrated into the system.

The business saw an opportunity to charge and charge and charge again. Literally in this case.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2020

@Salicia.5943 said:

Know the big difference though? The expenses for all the other items are not tied to weekly limited account wide resources.

• Players who made multiple legendary armors from WvW, will not see those tickets again, putting them at a direct disadvantage versus other players who did not spend those tickets.

• Players who made multiple pvp legendary armors will not see those PvP League tickets again, putting them at a direct disadvantage versus players who did not spend those tickets.

• Players who made multiple pve legendary armors will not see those LI again, and while this might be the least of the gated materials disadvantage wise, it still puts there players behind.

If this was an issue of ONLY cost, it would be annoying but manageable.

The way it is now though: you are directly putting players who spent MORE resources and effort into the game at a disadvantage over others who invested less effort. This was never the case with any of the previous alterations, which effectively only resulted in more gold/money having been spent/wasted.

The fact that you believe this system is "ruined" by one player versus another, speaks volumes as to how you view the player base. Basically you are saying: everything I agree with is fine, everyone else just suck it up. FYI, the biggest group of players will remain the ones WITHOUT any legendaries. Where is their share in all this glory and goodness?

• NaramSin.2693NaramSin.2693 Member ✭✭✭

I'll wait for the implementation, but as an idea seems really good, I have a lot of legys and i did them just for fun, but maybe increase the result of a salvage could be fair with those that have to dismiss some spare piece of the same weapon/armor with this new system

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Salicia.5943 said:

Know the big difference though? The expenses for all the other items are not tied to weekly limited account wide resources.

• Players who made multiple legendary armors from WvW, will not see those tickets again, putting them at a direct disadvantage versus other players who did not spend those tickets.

• Players who made multiple pvp legendary armors will not see those PvP League tickets again, putting them at a direct disadvantage versus players who did not spend those tickets.

• Players who made multiple pve legendary armors will not see those LI again, and while this might be the least of the gated materials disadvantage wise, it still puts there players behind.

The way it is now though: you are directly putting players who spent MORE resources and effort into the game at a disadvantage over others who invested less effort. This was never the case with any of the previous alterations, which effectively only resulted in more gold/money having been spent/wasted.

The fact that you believe this system is "ruined" by one player versus another, speaks volumes as to how you view the player base. Basically you are saying: everything I agree with is fine, everyone else just suck it up. FYI, the biggest group of players will remain the ones WITHOUT any legendaries. Where is their share in all this glory and goodness?

Out of interest, would you be happy if they refunded the time gated currencies but that was it? If not, then I suspect that short of making an achievement for donating legendary armor, there's not going to be an upside.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Salicia.5943 said:

Out of interest, would you be happy if they refunded the time gated currencies but that was it? If not, then I suspect that short of making an achievement for donating legendary armor, there's not going to be an upside.

Honestly, I can live with any type of implementation, mostly because all of my Legendary armors (6 sets total) were made with LI (and I have enough for 3 more sets), and there is no use for LI or LD besides armors and I have 30+ characters, so the net benefit to me is huge, even if I had continued to 9 legendary armors.

I'd probably be more annoyed if it was PVP tickets or WvW tickets, since those actually can be used for things like infusions and skins (and a full legendary set from say WvW takes close to 1/2 a year of weekly all ticket gains, versus 10 weeks in pve). So I could fully understand if some players, even if in a big minority, felt cheated out of years worth of WvW/PvP rewards.

My main concern is rather the long-term effects this will have on the game and its itemization. I mentioned this earlier in the post that I do think this approach is the natural result of the equipment system (and I believe mostly to circumvent the necessity to make some kind of save feature for players who trade their legendary items between characters).

Finally, one quality of life feature I would hope for is:
    Individual wardrobe saves per equipment slot. That would increase the value proposition for equipment templates immensely. I do not know though how big the revenue from transmutation charges is for Arenanet, so not sure how feasible this is.

• Add the same mechanic to permanent gathering tools

• Hagbard.7192Hagbard.7192 Member ✭✭
    edited April 23, 2020

I'm curious when anet will announce a relase date and of course which one.

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2020

@Fire Attunement.9835
    can we please have legendary 40 slot bags we can use for all our toons?
    the armory shouldnt be only for clothes and weapons, it should be for other things too
    like bags and gathering tools

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• What about legendaries that are bound to your account through the mystic forge (e.g. twilight and sunrise combined to eternity)? Do I have both of the swords - which are now only skins in my wardrobe, bc I sold eternity - as legys in the armory? Or how exactly will that work out?

• @Jura.2170 I do not think that they are plannning to release any legendary back slot lol. anyways since that post, we have no news about the Legendary Armory, no release date, nothing.

• I figure inventory bags aren't part of the same item code the way weapons/armor/trinkets are, so it might be harder for them to code Legendary Inventory Bags, but it's actually a nice idea and doesn't drain any income from Shared Inventory/Additional Bag slots as those will still generate some revenue from Gem Store.

We probably won't hear more about this until after the next Icebrood Saga episode which will probably be closer to June/July (SAB ends May 13th, PvP Season ends May 18th). After the IBS episode, there will probably be a balance update which may include template functionality.

@Spielero.6507 said:
    What about legendaries that are bound to your account through the mystic forge (e.g. twilight and sunrise combined to eternity)? Do I have both of the swords - which are now only skins in my wardrobe, bc I sold eternity - as legys in the armory? Or how exactly will that work out?

When you put Twilight and Sunrise into the forge they weren't "bound to your account" they were destroyed.

If you sold Eternity then you have no Legendary greatswords.

If you have no Legendary greatswords you won't have any Legendary greatswords to put in the Legendary Armory.

• Faith.3807Faith.3807 Member ✭✭

ANet has no obligation to "refund" people for making multiple sets of legendary armor/weapons. These items were intentionally designed to be easily transferable between characters and YOU made the conscious decision to pursue extra, unnecessary legendaries.

I've already got my face shield on from Covid so hit me with all of your tears.

edited April 24, 2020

@Faith.3807 said:
    ANet has no obligation to "refund" people for making multiple sets of legendary armor/weapons. These items were intentionally designed to be easily transferable between characters and YOU made the conscious decision to pursue extra, unnecessary legendaries.

I've already got my face shield on from Covid so hit me with all of your tears.

First you are correct: the developers are not obligated to anything. Stores are often not obligated to accept return items, yet many do to keep customer satisfaction up even beyond their legal requirements. There is a fine line between obligation and business sense. If this issue was in any way the developers obligation, this discussion would not be had at all.

So, if there is no need for making additional same legendary items, since as you state: they are easily transferable between characters, why implement this legendary armory in the first place?

Your argument does not make sense since on the one hand you argue that access to multiple sets is undesirable because the items could be traded, yet you look forward to getting access to each of the legendary items multiple times. You are literally arguing the same point in 2 different ways depending on your personal agenda. That's as split personality as it gets.

Making multiple legendary items made a lot of sense with the current limitations in place (both in regard to trading items between characters, build templates not saving setups, etc.): indicating that players who made multiple of the same legendary did so for it the functionality.

Removing those limitations also makes sense, the question thus becomes: how much sense does it make to consider the subsection of players who will likely make the most use of this feature, the ones who tried to emulate it already with multiple sets (and likely spend the most money on this)? That's something only the developers can answer.

• @Cyninja.2954 said:
    So, if there is no need for making additional same legendary items, since as you state: they are easily transferable between characters, why implement this legendary armory in the first place?

Your argument does not make sense since on the one hand you argue that access to multiple sets is undesirable because the items could be traded, yet you look forward to getting access to each of the legendary items multiple times. You are literally arguing the same point in 2 different ways depending on your personal agenda. That's as split personality as it gets.

Making multiple legendary items made a lot of sense with the current limitations in place (both in regard to trading items between characters, build templates not saving setups, etc.): indicating that players who made multiple of the same legendary did so for it the functionality.

Removing those limitations also makes sense, the question thus becomes: how much sense does it make to consider the subsection of players who will likely make the most use of this feature, the ones who tried to emulate it already with multiple sets (and likely spend the most money on this)? That's something only the developers can answer.

Just to add to this one, same logic applies to the Wardrobe, WvW Level Reset, any one of the various improvements they've implemented over the years. There's often QoL changes that they put into place that "remove the need for X", even though people had gotten around it previously by spending more time/resources. These kinds of updates and changes are good for the game. The % of the player base with multiple copies of the same Legendary are fairly minute by comparison to those who own 1 copy of each vs those who own none.

This change will incentivize more people to pursue Legendaries. Yes, it may result in a net loss to those who already have multiple copies accrued over the years, but that happens with almost anything we do. Think of all the people who footslogged through getting Hero Points and then they released the ability to get them with Testimonies of Heroics from WvW or how they make old crafting materials (Charged Quartz & Pile of Putrid Essence specifically) relevant again by introducing new collections or crafting that need it.

It's just changes.

• HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭

For your consideration, I miss the amazingly creative scavenger hunt process like the H.O.T. legendaries. You got to fully understand the origin/genesis of all the effort and thought as well as the backstory of the legendary. I hope we can bring some of that back for future ones. Maybe its easier to just have run-of-the-mill resource requirements per map but the loss of creativity in order to streamline is aparent.
    -RAYMERA

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

how I see some people very strange understand word "have plan and we wrok". I don't say that this is can't be after few weeks. no !
    I just say that this is can be after years, after exp3, after 2 years .. So relax, and be chill !!

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2020

It's been kinda long and few question still bother me.

• Legendary Runes and Sigils, will they be a part of that Armory?
    • What kind of measurement will be added to seperate character looks ( i.e. Different skins on each character who is using gear from armory. Having same skins on everyone not really funny. P.s. Skin Templates idea can solve this, i personally would like to have Skin Templates rather than Legendary Armory ).
    • Are you planning to add Legendary Aqua Mask?
    • Is there any plans to add Legendary Infusions? ( so far WvW and Fractal infusions are seperated. But not only by gaming mode, also by stat and by Defense\Offense types. Everything can be unified into legendary infusion that can be swapped in gear like Legendary Sigil or Rune and re-used in Gear Templates, but also it will allow to change Stat on demand, and it will provide +1% offense\defense for WvW aswell as +9 Agony resist at same time. )
  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aeon.4583 said:
    It's been kinda long and few question still bother me.

• Legendary Runes and Sigils, will they be a part of that Armory?
    • What kind of measurement will be added to seperate character looks ( i.e. Different skins on each character who is using gear from armory. Having same skins on everyone not really funny. P.s. Skin Templates idea can solve this, i personally would like to have Skin Templates rather than Legendary Armory ).
    • Are you planning to add Legendary Aqua Mask?
    • Is there any plans to add Legendary Infusions? ( so far WvW and Fractal infusions are seperated. But not only by gaming mode, also by stat and by Defense\Offense types. Everything can be unified into legendary infusion that can be swapped in gear like Legendary Sigil or Rune and re-used in Gear Templates, but also it will allow to change Stat on demand, and it will provide +1% offense\defense for WvW aswell as +9 Agony resist at same time. )

its 1 and a half month aka 45 days that is not a long time, if you speak about long then it should be about wvw alliances.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

its 1 and a half month aka 45 days that is not a long time, if you speak about long then it should be about wvw alliances.

I could care less about WvW alliances. If that will be added, it won't effect us too much as legendary armory will...
    For now it will be very usefull info if we should craft more than 8 legendary sigils or more than 7 legendary runes.
    Also it will be very usefull info if skins on legendary armory will be somehow seperated, because without it use of legendary armory will be questionable ( Sylvari cannot wear Human Cultural Skins ).
    And, if Legendary Aqua Mask will appear, it will be good info if we should buy more swim speed infusions. Will it be one per template or one per character? P.s. i love +20 swim speed :tongue:

Lot of people here already said their complains about more than one legendary armor set of same type. More info can atleast help those who only started their legendaries.

• @Fire Attunment.9835

I recently returned to the game and found that my Legendary Weapon Twilight was transmutted using the old system because at the time you couldn't change the stats. I have messaged support to see if they can restore my Legendary Weapon, but I feel like this might be an unlikely outcome.

So my question is, would this new system add Legendary Weapons that you had on your account previously (that may have been lost, deleted, or transmutted but you have the skin unlocked on your account)?

edited May 5, 2020

If i remember correctly, at some point Support was restoring the transmuted legendaries, as long as you had the skin unlocked. That was long ago (shortly after the wardrobe system got introduced), but i see no reason why they should not be able to do that even now.
    Twilight may be one problematic case, however, if you have also Sunrise unlocked and happened to craft Eternity at some point

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• After seeing the new trailer for the update coming at the end of May, no news for this feature. So we won't be seeing legendary armory as mentioned in the initial post with this update?

• I am late to this thread, but I personally think the "legendary armory" should include any account bound equipment stats. So if I unlock light exotic berserker stats then any light exotic armor can be swapped to berserker gear. Same for ascended of course. Making every combination of ascended gear would take quite a lot still, so bypassing legendaries doesn't seem too problematic. Requiring a base item for other stat swapping could keep the economy sink reasonable (IE I still have to create another ascended light set for each light armor character).

• DiogoSilva.7089DiogoSilva.7089 Member ✭✭✭

@bardir.2746 said:
    After seeing the new trailer for the update coming at the end of May, no news for this feature. So we won't be seeing legendary armory as mentioned in the initial post with this update?

My guess is that they likely delayed it due to users feedback. Especially regarding how the new system will interact with the wardrobe.

• @Fire Attunement.9835 Hmm, the announcement for No Quarter that came out today doesn't mention Legendary Armory. Does your original statement about "plans for the next update" still reflect the timing of Legendary Armory, or has it been pushed out to a future update? Inquiring minds eagerly want to know!

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

@GalenWolffit.3842 said:
    @Fire Attunement.9835 Hmm, the announcement for No Quarter that came out today doesn't mention Legendary Armory. Does your original statement about "plans for the next update" still reflect the timing of Legendary Armory, or has it been pushed out to a future update? Inquiring minds eagerly want to know!

That is not what was said.

@Fire Attunement.9835 We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features

We still have no idea when the update to templates features will be, as they never said just next update.

@Linken.6345 said:

@GalenWolffit.3842 said:
    @Fire Attunement.9835 Hmm, the announcement for No Quarter that came out today doesn't mention Legendary Armory. Does your original statement about "plans for the next update" still reflect the timing of Legendary Armory, or has it been pushed out to a future update? Inquiring minds eagerly want to know!

@Fire Attunement.9835 We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features

We still have no idea when the update to templates features will be, as they never said just next update.

Yeah, they said "the next update that will affect the suite of templates features" not "the next update".

So these will be in the next update to the templates alright but not the next update to the game.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@GalenWolffit.3842 said:

Yeah, they said "the next update that will affect the suite of templates features" not "the next update".

So these will be in the next update to the templates alright but not the next update to the game.

And since it's not even sure they're working on any other updates to the template system at all, it can also be read as "legendary armoury will be in the next update that will introduce legendary armoury", so basically "we'll release it when we'll release it". One should not expect any specific schedule out of it.

• Garn.7502Garn.7502 Member ✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020

Out of curiosity, what happens to people that have 2 of the same legendary armor type? e.g. legendary medium armor.

Does that mean one will disappear? Will they get reimburse? Or they just have 2 legendary medium armor?

• PeerlessArch.6547PeerlessArch.6547 Member ✭✭✭

@garngikel.9406 said:
    Out of curiosity, what happens to people that have 2 of the same legendary armor type? e.g. legendary medium armor.

Does that mean one will disappear? Will they get reimburse? Or they just have 2 legendary medium armor?

You'll still have 2 sets. You can choose whether to use the armory or not I presume, as you can now with the equip. templates.

• TwilightSoul.9048TwilightSoul.9048 Member ✭✭✭

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
    • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
    • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

This would be a great change! I've been looking for a good reason to craft legendarys and a change like this would be a great motivation. If we could toggle the Legendary Accessoires visuals as well that would be even better.

As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

• Can`t wait for this to happen, i started working on my leggy armor especially for this :)

• memausz.7264memausz.7264 Member ✭✭✭

3 pieces of feedback:

1) I don't want the game to hard crash every time I change a legendary sigil or rune's stats

2) I want the legendary armor/weapons to retain their transmutations/skins and stats when switching.

3) I want the option, read the option to combine equipment templates with build templates so that it's just a one click change for a character to change builds to exactly what they want.

A last thing that I'd like to see is for build templates to include sigils, runes, amulets, and other gear as well, at least for pvp.

• Wojciech.8024Wojciech.8024 Member ✭✭

Any update on this? Almost a quarter passed since the announcement. It would be awesome to know how the work has progressed since that time.

• I am in favor of these additions. But considering how much work and gold is required to get legendary equipment... I wish there was more to them. For comparison, I have just acquired myself full ascended gear, because I want to be able to infuse my equipment for Fractals. It also slightly raises stats on everything. It feels like a noteworthy step forward in the progression of my character.

Crafting legendary gear does not do anything like that, apart from easily being able to swap out stats. And unlike in GW1, we can also not dedicate the weapons in the Hall of Monuments. I wish there was something about ascended gear that truly made it something of value.