Legendary Equipment and Templates - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Legendary Equipment and Templates

Comments

• Nexxus.5347Nexxus.5347 Member ✭✭

Thank You Anet! This will be an awesome addition, cant wait. I wont have to continually swap legendary armor around to play different professions in raids and wvw. woot woot!

• Shena Fu.5792Shena Fu.5792 Member ✭✭✭

Armory should hold all equipment that are account bound, including Legendary, Ascended, and leveling gear, etc.

• nice, this is something like what i thought of when templates were first announced. personally i made 3 sets of ascended heavy armor with different stats thinking id swap them around and get 6 or 7 builds out of them, when in reality i rarely go thru the effort of actually moving the armor. now that im slowly workin on getting legendary pvp armor this QoL feature sounds quite nice. but as others have said make sure wardrobe was taken into account. different characters with different builds want to look different.

• are you planning on giving us a way to salavage usefull parts from legendary armor and envoy precursors?

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@shejesa.3712 said:
    What about people who have 9 sets for each of their classes?

I'm glad I was part of the people that swapped gear between characters instead of spending more gold making gear I already had.

At the most you would have only needed 3 sets (1 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy).

• Could be amazing ! What could really be great is that legendary items have their class atributes memorized for each template
    Including : -1 Skin
    -2 Stats
    -3 Color
    -4 Signet
    This will make legendary stuff WAAAY more rewarding and great to use
    If it's impossible du to how the game is coded, you can always add a feature to legendary armor where someone can Right click on it -> duplicate and get a copy of the armor account binded non recyclable and not sellable.

• Velho.8594Velho.8594 Member ✭✭

Will I actually be able to use the items on multiple characters at the same time or will it ask, when I equip my legy sword on Warrior when it's already being used by my Weaver, "Are you sure? Sword will be removed from Weavername's template x?"

• A question on skins. Will it be possible to skin armor individually for different toons?

And if not, how does that affect Cultural Armor? I really don't need my Charr ele wearing my Sylvari cultural light armor.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
    • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
    • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

This is pretty darn cool! TY!

I have a question... After this update goes in I will have a TON of excess ascended gear that I will not need to use, so would it be possible for the team to consider letting us salvage all ascended armors, ascended weapons and ascended trinkets down to their base materials and the various currencies used? Would be super amazing if we could!

• Kinon.9014Kinon.9014 Member ✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

Actually this is a really amazing idea! but I think there should be an item, maybe sold by a specific merchant, that can salvage all the legendaries that we won't use anymore, (like some people said in the previous posts that they have more than one legendary set, even two or three sets only for heavy armor) and "refund them" with the materials needed to craft them.
    Another tip like other people say, is an option to toggle on or off the visual effects of legendary trinkets and make this future "Legendary Armory" re-skinnable per each character.

By the way, good idea ^^

• Do something similar with the infinite tools please, something like; "if u put an infinite tool on the shared inventory, it's used on a character without equipping them", the shared inventory would earn more value

• sevenDEADLY.5281sevenDEADLY.5281 Member ✭✭✭

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:
    You're throwing out terms like entitled and being condescending when people are just asking questions. I won't speak for anyone else, but if you look back to my original post, you'll notice that it was framed in the form of a question. I'm being rational and asking a question because this change has impact on people directly in a financial way. If Anet chooses to not do anything about the change, that's totally fine in my book. It's their product after all.

Here's the original comment I replied to, I'm going to quote it right now. "I have a question: I have 9 legendary armor sets, 9 legendary backpacks, a lot of weapons. What compensation will I get when this update comes?" This person isn't asking IF they can get any compensation, they are jumping directly to "What compensations will I be getting." That is literally the definition of entitlement.

• @Nayaru.4716 said:
    Ok so sounds like these are becoming an account unlock that is handled differently for each character? eg: On my guard I'll have my flameseeker prophecies with berserker stats but on my chronomancer i'll have it but it will be different stats. So does this mean, in theory, any character that hits level 80 will automatically be able to use a personalised version of an unlocked legendary? Because I have 20 toons slots, I'm going to make more, most of my gold gets spent on gearing new characters. If I could dodge that cost by having legendaries that aren't restricted to one character or needing to be banked and taken out to be used on others... I might actually start giving a kitten about legendaries.

Next up - harvesting tool slots to be account based rather than character based? Then I'll actually get some unbreakable harvesting tools too =D

This ^

• Would rather see accounts not able to log on after a recent update to be able to play again. They already missed guild missions this week.

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

This sounds good, but relatively few players actually have Legendary armor given that it isn't available in most of the game. There need to be more methods for unlocking it that don't require raiding or PvP.

• Vash.2386Vash.2386 Member ✭✭✭

Be careful what you wish for.
    I want to know what will be the hidden cost to players for this?

Will we have to pay gems for each armory slot for each character?
    Pay to re-transmute the skins?

I’m sure that anet are planning some sort of way they can monetize this and it’s not going to be as simple as free legendary gear swaps per character.

• Glass Hand.7306Glass Hand.7306 Member ✭✭✭

@Dumat.1479 said:
    I have a question: I have 9 legendary armor sets, 9 legendary backpacks, a lot of weapons. What compensation will I get when this update comes?

Perhaps you won't have to buy Armory slots for the characters that don't need to use shared Legendary items.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ariel Faye.1092 said:
    Would rather see accounts not able to log on after a recent update to be able to play again. They already missed guild missions this week.

How have they missed guild missions this week when they dont reset untill 30 hours from now aproxim

• Nelict.7589Nelict.7589 Member ✭✭

I have made very harsh critique is the past about the whole template system, but I think this is a good start into fixing this build/equipment mess. It sounds quite complicated considering a lot of things (skins -especially cultural armor-, legendary runes and sigils etc) but I just want to ask you to make as simple as possible and not a bloated clicking fiesta. As long it's not as useless as the revert button, this is a Very welcomed change.

My only genuinely concern is how the game will feel for veterans when you need only 1 crafted legendary armor for every character (that uses the samr weight). RIP ascended I guess?

Ps: Fix the revert button so loadouts can be actually templates

Ps2: A lot of people have crafted multiple legendary gear. Please consider them somehow.

• @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
    • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
    • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

Honestly this is the best idea you guys ever had, now i have a reason to make a second and third legy set when you implement this.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

I'm actually kind of concerned about legendary items that have skins on them, if those are shared across, or if we have the flexibility to use skins per character.

• I Love the Idea!! Hope you all will implement it properly =)

• Zin Dau.1749Zin Dau.1749 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah this was exactly my idea from 2 years ago:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38938/suggestion-armory-for-account-bound-gear

Tl;dr a tandem to the bank, the Armory stores items so that multiple characters can equip and use the same account bound items without hassle to unequip/equip upon login/logout, and the Armory items are always available from the Hero window.

• This is a great idea!!! One of the best QoL improvements since adding Legendary items.

Will it ever be possible to create a Skin Template also, which saves the combination of looks/dyes ? Because I am guessing this won't be added with the Legendary Armory.

• What an amazing update!!! Keep up the good work!
    I also have a suggestion on legendary trinkets:
    With the recent update we got two legendary trinkets that have two different versions: Slumbering (without visual effect) and standard (with visual effect).
    So it would be nice to have such variants for previous legendary trinkets as well e.g. Slumbering Aurora. There also should be possibility to swap between those two variants after unlocking them

• Yes, great idea! Thought you will go that way ;-)

Also add runes and sigils, add legendary infusions (and infusion skins) and give us a underwater breather.

Then the last step will be to finally combine build- and equipment template (1:1)

....and I'm more than happy :-)

• What will happen to the twice-told legend achievment. Cause I don't really see a point in crafting 2 after this.

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm also curious how skins would be handled between characters sharing legendary armour. At the moment, I don't use the same skins on any characters so I'd probably just keep the ascended equipment if skins are not per-character.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

The first thing that comes to mind when reading this is that it will be a great QoL feature. Personally I never felt compelled to make weapons other than staves,swords, and axes as far as weapons , whereas the armor + backpieces were worth it.

I'm not sure how or if it will be monetized, however. If it is intended to augment equipment templates (and presumably build templates) , those have to be competitively priced with character slots even moreso when more than a few are purchased. If the legendary armory is set in place, then people will compare templates against character slots even more, you already see it in this thread. At the very least, the datamined 10 equipment template increased limit ought to be implemented. On average the past few years the game has made roughly 16 million USD a quarter (21K million KRW), so such a feature would need to help restore 4 million USD a quarter (5K million KRW) since 2019 was roughly 15K million KRW a quarter.

As far as the feature itself :
    Legendary weapons have much higher uptake than armor, so this makes legendary staves, swords, axes, and greatswords more viable.

• From gw2efficiency, the most popular is Twilight at just under 39K unlocks (16.5%) , Sunrise at just under 34K (14%), Bolt at 24K (10.5%), Bifrost at 23.6K (10%) , Incinerator 23K (<10%), Nevermore 18.5K (~ 8%).
    • only 2.5K (just over 1%) of gw2efficiency has Twice-Told Legend , i.e. duplicate legendary weapons

There's a lot of complaints by edge cases in this thread, but as far as armor goes, there's just under 9% (19.6K) of the gw2efficiency base that has legendary armor collection II done in PvE but only around 9-10K (~4%) with an envoy armor unlock. So those with multiple sets more than 3 are probably a subset of a subset.
    There's no achievement for legendary WvW/PvP armor but if you look at the amount of people with mistforged pieces from either mode (which isn't required for legendary) I wouldn't think there's that many people with it either , especially since it provides no cosmetic benefit.

• Highest unlocked Mistforged PvP <1.5K (0.6%) , with alternative ardent glorious at under 10K (~3 to 4%)
    • Highest unlocked Mistforged WvW ~3K (1.3%) , with alternative triumphant hero at under 10K (~3-4%)
      Maybe if the legendary armory is implemented there should be a notation that the "basic" ascended versions from competitive modes can be made legendary as I have had to explain that to many people. In addition, PvE players may dabble in WvW because it's a must for Gift of Battle but generally avoid PvP so maybe amulet should have a WvW version in the future if not one from strikes/fractals or some other non openworld content.

From gw2efficiency only 7K (3%) has the WvW backpack, 18K (7.8%) has the legendary PvP backpack, and ~10% (22.7K) has legendary fractal backpack.
    Trinkets: Coalescence ~3.8K (1.7%) likely due to requiring Dhuum raid , Vision ~ 7.5K (3.4%) , Aurora <21K (~9.6%)

Realistically from the gw2efficiency sample size it only affects roughly top 10% of players , and maybe only 4% if you count armor+weapon+2 trinkets. With the release of ring in WvW , probably a higher portion of the playerbase will have rings.

To properly ROI on such a system (even if not directly monetized but instead through equipment templates), proper wardrobe and outfit interaction needs to occur. That's going to be helpful twofold: the appeal to any skins is lost with a legendary armory that isn't able to do wardrobe changes per character and the draw to ascended for someone who has legendary is different looks. For a gemstore intent on selling weapon and armor skins and not just outfits that has to be thoroughly ironed out before this makes it to the live server. Do not try to roll this out and bugfix it as you go.

Speaking of which, a way to turn off effects for weapons / trinkets would be stellar.

• intox.6347intox.6347 Member ✭✭✭

Love that idea !

Multiclass WvW player
    Theorycrafted builds tester

• foozlesprite.8051foozlesprite.8051 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

My minor question: how will this impact the 'Twice-Told Legend' title? Will it be retired or obtained some other way?

At this point I don't think there's a great way to implement a refund for people that crafted multiples of the same set, it may have to be a case of "be a decent person and be happy that the system was improved for those that came after you." Any refund or compensation they give isn't gonna satisfy everyone, because even if they 100% refunded materials, some people gathered themselves and some people spent gold on it, some people converted RL money to gold for it, there's a time factor involved that can never be restored, etc.

I'd like to see them offer those people some kind of compensation, but It's gonna cause howling from some players no matter what they do, unfortunately. But I think it's an excellent idea all around, and a good way to encourage people to get more people involved in raids, PvP, or WvW.

• erevos.1629erevos.1629 Member ✭✭

You did the 3rd usefull thing after the wardrobe and wallet, well done. But what about to make the "pve raid lege armors" available to everyone that dont belong in the secret comunities of raids. you have a whole game and you dont know what is happening under your nose.
    I stoped play gw2 6 months ago and i will not buy expansion or gw3 because now i know that you listen only to the burn out ones, you want money withought thinking everyone. you want to satisfy only the selfish ones that dont spend money to you... well here you go.
    You could simple add raid difficulty scales adjustments make it easier for the majority of players that want the armors or make it accessable out of the raid but with longer time gates. To have all the items but not access to raid after a 1 year is hilarious. Do something for the rest of us too.

• Malsheem.1794Malsheem.1794 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

Excellent idea.

I've seen a couple state that if you have a single armor set, every class can now use it. If thats true, it's probably the only thing i would change. If you have a legendary "heavy armor"-set, only Warrior, Guard and Rev should be able to use it. (Weapons should be free for all ofc)

This way you'll keep more "content" for people that rolls new characters and people who already have multiple sets wont be hit as hard.

• Setz.9675Setz.9675 Member ✭✭✭

@Malsheem.1794 said:
    Excellent idea.

I've seen a couple state that if you have a single armor set, every class can now use it. If thats true, it's probably the only thing i would change. If you have a legendary "heavy armor"-set, only Warrior, Guard and Rev should be able to use it. (Weapons should be free for all ofc)

This way you'll keep more "content" for people that rolls a new character and people who already have multiple sets wont be hit as hard.

Legendary armor will be account wide, this doesnt mean equipment restrictions are lifted. Heavy legendary armor remains a heavy armor set and light/medium wont be able to use it.

• Setz.9675Setz.9675 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

@foozlesprite.8051 said:
    My minor question: how will this impact the 'Twice-Told Legend' title? Will it be retired or obtained some other way?

At this point I don't think there's a great way to implement a refund for people that crafted multiples of the same set, it may have to be a case of "be a decent person and be happy that the system was improved for those that came after you." Any refund or compensation they give isn't gonna satisfy everyone, because even if they 100% refunded materials, some people gathered themselves and some people spent gold on it, some people converted RL money to gold for it, there's a time factor involved that can never be restored, etc.

I'd like to see them offer those people some kind of compensation, but It's gonna cause howling from some players no matter what they do, unfortunately. But I think it's an excellent idea all around, and a good way to encourage people to get more people involved in raids, PvP, or WvW.

How will 'twice told legend' title be affected? Not too sure but what I think will happen is that if you have for example 1 legendary dagger, your gear template page can only use that 1 legendary dagger, not equip 2 of them on the same page. So if you have 6 gear templates on 1 character, each gear template page can use 1 legendary dagger.

Edit: That or twice told legend could be changed to having for example: 1 gen 1 legendary dagger and 1 gen 2 legendary dagger, thats also an option.

• Great feature... it will include also legendary Sigils and Runes?

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

This is a VERY welcome change, although like everybody else, I do have a few questions about how it's all going to work.

1. Will this apply to ALL Legendary equipment? Weapons, Armor, Backpacks, Trinkets, Upgrades? I ask because this change seems like the perfect remedy for trinkets and backpacks (because there's no way to craft duplicates of them to date due to crucial components being locked behind one-time achievement rewards), but weapons and armor could already be crafted multiple times, and it proved a useful economic sink.

2. Are there any plans to provide some compensation/reimbursement for players who already have multiple sets of Legendary gear? (Excluding, of course, stuff like having one Light set, one Medium set, one Heavy set etc.) Probably the simplest way is to allow players to "break down" an existing set of Legendary gear back into its individual ingredients. As somebody who currently has 2 Light armor sets, this would be a welcome boon, although of course I'm aware that allowing this would also mean flooding a LOT of gold and mats back onto the market and so it may not be feasible for economic reasons.

3. For characters that are sharing the same Legendary armor/weapons, will it be possible to preserve character-specific skins/dyes/infusions to avoid having to re-dye/re-customize the same Legendary gear every time it's swapped?

All in all though, I am definitely pleased and looking forward to this change. :)

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

I had a disturbingly cynical thought as I was drifting off to sleep last night : what if, like in the past, they have only told us about the benefits of the system, and not the costs. What if, in order to do use this feature, you have to buy gear and template loadouts from the gemstore (and the prices remain the same)? Would people still like this QoL feature? Would they use it? Would they only use/like it if the gemstore prices for the unlocks were cheaper? Or does this "upgrade" to the loadout system make the gemstore costs palatable?

Under what conditions would you NOT use this feature. And similarly, under what conditions would you use it?

Sorry to the people who have put so much work into the planning, coding and testing of this feature, but "the old leadership" (that have apparently moved on) would probably expect people to pay for access to it (or at least, this is my impression). Has the leadership of Anet changed enough that this is no longer the case? We are certainly seeing some great updates to the game lately. Maybe I can hope?

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

I dont really get why people with multiple sets ask for compensation/refund.
    Didnt you already statswap a lot with all your leggy sets? Yes, you did. Didnt you already benefit greatly from the huge QoL free statswapping provided? Yes, you did. And before someone asks, I have many leggy sets, from wvw. Yes, I got my money's worth from leggy statswapping, theory crafting, you name it.

• I'm seeing 'refund' a lot in this thread for multiple sets. I too would like to see something in return for my investment in multiple sets. of legendary armor.

If the implementation allowed us to add the first piece of armor type to the new system and extras could be exchanged at a merchant, I would be content. You could even give me an option to gamble and I'd take it - give me a choice between a partial return on gold value or keys and I might choose the keys for fun.

• super happy to hear this

• Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well congratulations are in order for getting it right. Guess ill start playing again now that you came to your senses. I haven't pkayed since the template roll out now you got me with the carrot again.

• I'm happy for everyone who benefits from this, but it is pretty useless for me since I have a legendary armor set on every character that needs one. What I crave for, however, are equipment template slots, so an option to turn redundant armor pieces into template slots would be great.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

Just a note for those who complain about having crafted two daggers or two swords or whatever.

The system does not sound like the wardrobe. It effectively puts your legendaries into shared equipment slots. So while this system sounds like it will allow you to use your weapons on more than one character at a time if you want to equip two legendary daggers then you will still need two legendary daggers.

It also does not sound like different characters can have different skins on the same equipment as the skins (and dye job for armor) are a part of the piece of equipment and not part of the equipment loadout. This means that you may still want to keep ascended weapons and armour for customisability.

I do feel for those who made multiple sets of legendary armour. I suspect that the only extra you'll get is the ability to keep multiple skins and dye jobs on your armour.

Edit: BTW I'm happy to see this and it'll encourage me to craft legendaries again.

• Brandon Uzumaki.1524Brandon Uzumaki.1524 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

They can change "Twice Told Legend" to not require the weapon to be account bound anymore, this way people can craft two wepons, present it for the NPC to get achiev, bind one for personal use, and sell the other at TP.

• is this a joke? or Anet wanna suicide? then why not a pvp armor sistem for pve so no need of armors at all uahauah? u sure to stay well? "This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory" and this is the main reason ..lazyness?? auhauah like shared and bank tabs are not on gems on tp ? so most pp that will buy for space does need anymore? also this is a suicide for the game one of the endgame for a character is to have the ultimate gear but if i take 1 and is for an account what this matter anymore? u want to make legy whorty make their skin changeable whit no wardrobe currency, make them more powerfull than ascendet but not this suicide... and i have only 1 set so this is a good change for me but in longer time i tink this will kill the game more than other, or the idea is to give us easy legy then a lot of TP cool skin to buy?

• Metzie.3012Metzie.3012 Member ✭✭

If everything you read here and I understood correctly - this is by far the best announcement in a long time or even at all (for GW2 conditions)!

I wasn't really interested in the announcement of the new expansion, or the joy was limited. But this current announcement left me "basically speechless". A giant step in the right direction! ;)

The "issue" with the cumbersome, unsatisfactory and user-unfriendly handling of the templates (in general) has not been solved yet!

So much first!

• Ototo.3214Ototo.3214 Member ✭✭✭

Love the idea, though I too would like to see something done about the skins situation. But glad to hear that an armory is happening, as that was my initial hope for how templates would work since it works really well in FFXIV.

And please tell me this works for all legendaries, including trinkets? Would like to be able to use things like Aurora on multiple characters since those trinkets are impossible to craft more than once.

As for a solution to the skin situation, maybe make it so the armory somehow includes like...kinda the glamour plates in FFXIV? Where you save a look to a plate and can select which plate you want to use for a given gear set. Maybe having it cost transmutation charges to save a skin in each slot but once it's saved it can be applied to a gear set or something. Then it costs more transmutation charges to change a skin in a slot again. Would allow leg gear to function like ascended gear in appearance without making transmutation charges worthless.

Though, like that I guess it could also work for any armor rarity if it was just its own system, would allow the ability to save outfits for a character.