Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged] - Page 8 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

Comments

• @Voltekka.2375 said:

@phantom.1675 said:
    The only thing I am going to be looking for is a way to refund the two extra sets of WvW legendary armor that I crafted for the sole purpose of having the stat swap and other legendary functionality. As this update completely invalidates these legendary pieces (there is no unique skin), a refund of the large material sink seems warranted. It should be easy enough to add a vendor that you can trade legendary armor pieces to for bags of the materials used to craft them. Even if this only broke the materials down into components used in other legendaries more generally (like gift of blood, gift of venom etc), I think that would be a good thing. Of course refunding the extremely timegated skirmish tickets and pvp currencies would also be required to make this work.

Not doing something like this is precisely equivalent to announcing tomorrow that all characters get 6 equipment and build templates for free, and no refund for already purchased add-ons will be available. Remember gold in game = gems in the store.

I think adding achievements for collecting the wvw/pvp armors (like there is for the raid armor) and/or adding a unique animated skin would be one thing make the extra armor pieces have some value and is worth looking into in parallel. However, since a lot of people will be in a position like me (just wanted the extra functional part), I think giving players the option to get the mats back to use on other now very desireable legendaries (like a 2nd sword or the like) would be most fair and not too much additional work.

Should Anet also calculate the gold you saved from constantly switching stats for free (and hence got your money's worth from your leggy armors) and deduct it from the total refund, too?

I mean I will be honest, the value of items derives from others not having them. If I have 9 sets of armors, that should be me a material advantage over people with 3. If it doesn't anet has failed. And in my view, failure should be deleted.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2020

@DragonFlykm.8621 said:
    I think by now, people might have the same concern as me. Mystic Coins are already going up quite a bit. These can be quite hard to get and so can the mystic clovers we use them for. I just wondering what people think is a good price for the Mystic Coins in general, as new players are gonna have an even harder time than longer players at getting a load as the price increases. Personally around 1g a coin is not bad or maybe even up to 1g 50s is okay too. But when you need 500 for a Gen 2, it becomes quite a burdon.
    Is there any plans on Mystic Coins and Mystic Clovers like a few new ways to acquire them, or are we just gonna hafta pay the rediculous price it will probably go up too.

It's not the first time this topic has arisen. There are several methods to obtaining Mystic Coins and Clovers already in existence. That player's don't wish to use them is not the same thing as there not being sufficient means of acquiring them. If players don't want to do those activities, or wish to get more coins/clovers faster, that is why gold exists, and players just have to farm that gold and buy what they need.

I wouldn't care if ANET added mystic coins to the Strike Mission daily chest in the next patch for example, but players who have wealth tied to stacks of Mystic Coins might have a different opinion.

I've crafted 2 legendary backpacks, two Gen 1 and one Gen 2.5 weapon, have completed a full set of legendary armor and am currently working on a second, and I have never purchased a mystic coin from the TP, and haven't gambled for any since my 1st legendary weapon.

The price of MCs is high, to the point where it costs more to complete a HoT Elite Specialization ascended weapon than it does just crafting a generic ascended weapon from scratch, but I don't expect to see anything change anytime soon.

• Blueberry.8095Blueberry.8095 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2020

I love the idea! The reason why I haven't make more than 1 legendary yet (it was the fractal backpack that I have), is because of the cost of making wouldn't improve any conveniece, which I I'd rather use multiple sets of ascended for diffrent builds so I don't have to transfer things and it's also cheaper.

If the armory would provide this QoL, I'd finally be going all out to finish making the leg armor set (done all the required quests but do not have enough LI/p.token), and to continue grinding for Nevermore (my favourite weapon in the game).

I'm very looking forward to this!

• Shadw.5467Shadw.5467 Member
    edited March 31, 2020

Great idea ,
    finally a better functionality than build template arcdps

• @Voltekka.2375 said:

@phantom.1675 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@phantom.1675 said:
    The only thing I am going to be looking for is a way to refund the two extra sets of WvW legendary armor that I crafted for the sole purpose of having the stat swap and other legendary functionality. As this update completely invalidates these legendary pieces (there is no unique skin), a refund of the large material sink seems warranted. It should be easy enough to add a vendor that you can trade legendary armor pieces to for bags of the materials used to craft them. Even if this only broke the materials down into components used in other legendaries more generally (like gift of blood, gift of venom etc), I think that would be a good thing. Of course refunding the extremely timegated skirmish tickets and pvp currencies would also be required to make this work.

Not doing something like this is precisely equivalent to announcing tomorrow that all characters get 6 equipment and build templates for free, and no refund for already purchased add-ons will be available. Remember gold in game = gems in the store.

I think adding achievements for collecting the wvw/pvp armors (like there is for the raid armor) and/or adding a unique animated skin would be one thing make the extra armor pieces have some value and is worth looking into in parallel. However, since a lot of people will be in a position like me (just wanted the extra functional part), I think giving players the option to get the mats back to use on other now very desireable legendaries (like a 2nd sword or the like) would be most fair and not too much additional work.

Should Anet also calculate the gold you saved from constantly switching stats for free (and hence got your money's worth from your leggy armors) and deduct it from the total refund, too?

I mean I will be honest, the value of items derives from others not having them. If I have 9 sets of armors, that should be me a material advantage over people with 3. If it doesn't anet has failed. And in my view, failure should be deleted.

No. Just no. I have multiple leggy armor sets, and I demand no refund, they have paid for themselves with all the theorycrafting, rune swap, statswap.
    I also have 2 Copper salvage o matics, bought em before shared inv was a thing. Did i use those 2 items? I sure did. Was it failure cause Anet introduced shared inv? Again, no. I used em for a long time.
    Same applies here. If you have 9 sets of armor, you used em a lot. Now you want... A refund.
    I disagree.

I haven't used them a lot. I crafted one of them only a month back and have stat swapped on it only 5-6 times.

I specifically didn't go for other legendaries in order to get the armors. IE, I don't have any trinkets at all because of it. The WvW armors offer no additional skins either. If they added a fully animated skin like the raid armors have that is distinct from the ascended armor, then I would listen.

I am not overflowing with cash and making 2 additional sets was a big cost for me. Again, my original build template argument stands - it's the same as giving everyone 5 templates by default and not giving refunds to players that bought extra build templates. They wouldn't do that because it's stupid. Exactly, and that's what this is.

• Faith.3807Faith.3807 Member ✭✭

Make armor template unlocks account wide. There is no reason other than $$ why they're not.

• Any tentative date for the release of the legendary armory feature ?

• eXruina.4956eXruina.4956 Member ✭✭✭

This is a great feature honestly, for the sake of future QoL I hope it pushes through.

I just hope people who made multiple copies of legendary weapons or multiple sets of legendary armors get duly compensated for their efforts, people most likely didn't craft those t2 and t3 wvw legendary armors for the skins.. ugh..

at the least they really shouldn't kitten over the people who worked hard and dedicated so much effort into the game. legendaries aren't easy to acquire in the slightest, at least for the regular gamer, people who're downplaying the loss are cray.

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

@eXruina.4956 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:
    No. Just no. I have multiple leggy armor sets, and I demand no refund,

Thats you.. world isn't just about you..

Some people do want that refund or compensation and its rightfully deserved given the difficulty and resources to attain legendary gear.

Awesome contradicting yourself there. "Rightfully deserved". They rightfully used all armors, they rightfully enjoyed the QoL for months/years. And now it is somehow... "Rightful". Riiiiiight.

• Antycypator.9874Antycypator.9874 Member ✭✭✭

What about skins? What if I have a legendary sword but I want to set X skin for my engi and Y skin for my revenant Will it work?
    Will it be possible to use 1 legendary sword as mainhand and offhand weapon at the same time?

Master of garbage builds and being useless.

• Perhaps for compensation for having multiple sets, they actually make a way to combine mutiple sets to obtain an updated exclusive version of the armor. I just don’t see them giving materials back to everyone.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

Please release with SAB, Please release with SAB, Please release with SAB, Please release with SAB, Please release with SAB 🤞 🤞 🤞

• Shena Fu.5792Shena Fu.5792 Member ✭✭✭

You already got compensated. The item is the reward.

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

Can we have an update please on the planned timing of the release of this? Some/many of us were expecting it would go live on March 31, but for some reason this was not "the next update". Was this part of the April Fool's content? Or is this a real addition coming to the game?

edited April 2, 2020

@Voltekka.2375 said:
    Awesome contradicting yourself there. "Rightfully deserved". They rightfully used all armors, they rightfully enjoyed the QoL for months/years. And now it is somehow... "Rightful". Riiiiiight.

lol.. learn to read.. alriiiiiight.. "rightfully deserved given the difficulty and resources to attain legendary gear.", and you talk like legendary gear falls out of the sky, why don't you mail us all some legendaries since you're downplaying their value so much.. >___~

@eXruina.4956 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

lol.. learn to read.. alriiiiiight.. "rightfully deserved given the difficulty and resources to attain legendary gear.", and you talk like legendary gear falls out of the sky, why don't you mail us all some legendaries since you're downplaying their value so much.. >___~

I actually can mail you legendaries, which invalidates everything you said. If you think attaining legendary gear is "difficult", I'm not sure what else to tell you. It is possible to acquire legendary gear using nothing more than a mouse, the W key and the 1 key. You can think I'm joking, but I'm completely serious, and that speaks to your lack of understanding on the subject.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    I actually can mail you legendaries, which invalidates everything you said. If you think attaining legendary gear is "difficult", I'm not sure what else to tell you. It is possible to acquire legendary gear using nothing more than a mouse, the W key and the 1 key. You can think I'm joking, but I'm completely serious, and that speaks to your lack of understanding on the subject.

Oh really now, to see is to believe and at the moment you've invalidated nothing, and why stop at me, mail a legendary to everyone since like you said all it takes is a mouse, the w key and the 1 key. >___~

Actions speak louder than words friend, and so far you're just all talk. ^^

• jezebel.7054jezebel.7054 Member ✭✭

Where is this Legendary Armory?

• all you people whining about my 9sets of legy gear are just salty, no one forced you to make 9 sets you did that yourself and you dont deserve gold because you messed up.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

if some rare class needed on some action I have fee ascend set for it. Prepared some combination, and use it if needed,
    If someone not understand that it is free ascent - try play 6 years for better understanding.

So I see only one change for me. I will more often use different classes and more often swap for better gameplay.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

@Areneys.2940 said:
    You dont deserve any compensation. It was your own choice to make them, doesnt matter how expensive it was. You made the choice to make it, you didnt have to and that's it. The excuse of if i knew such feature would be implemented earlier/it was expensive is just plain stupid. You enjoyed the perks of legendary for x months/years. That was all your choice, no one made you to do it.

Strange how you can be so angry about it given you have nothing to gain or lose whether people do gain compensation or not. ^^

I really don't understand, why seeing potentially good things happen to other people could make certain kinds of people so upset, specially when no harm comes of it.. befuddling.

its just that for the people who sunk all that time and effort into multiple sets/copies of legendaries that will become redundant after this feature hits, it would be a nice gesture if Anet did offer them something.

As for me, as you said I don't really deserve compensation, I am not affected as I did not craft multiple copies of the same legendary.. lol. why did you assume this is about me. ^^

Its just I know the time, effort and resources put into making one and it would really feel bad if they crafted it only to have it invalidated, those resources could've went into other things. xD

• @eXruina.4956 said:

@Areneys.2940 said:
    You dont deserve any compensation. It was your own choice to make them, doesnt matter how expensive it was. You made the choice to make it, you didnt have to and that's it. The excuse of if i knew such feature would be implemented earlier/it was expensive is just plain stupid. You enjoyed the perks of legendary for x months/years. That was all your choice, no one made you to do it.

Strange how you can be so angry about it given you have nothing to gain or lose whether people do gain compensation or not. ^^

I really don't understand, why seeing potentially good things happen to other people could make certain kinds of people so upset, specially when no harm comes of it.. befuddling.

its just that for the people who sunk all that time and effort into multiple sets/copies of legendaries that will become redundant after this feature hits, it would be a nice gesture if Anet did offer them something.

As for me, as you said I don't really deserve compensation, I am not affected as I did not craft multiple copies of the same legendary.. lol. why did you assume this is about me. ^^

Its just I know the time, effort and resources put into making one and it would really feel bad if they crafted it only to have it invalidated, those resources could've went into other things. xD

Why do you assume im angry about this issue??
    Im just stating you or anyone asking for refund/compensation for making x set simply dont deserve it, just because you spent time/money on it.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

@eXruina.4956 said:
    Its precisely because the people did invest considerable time, effort and gold on their legendaries that they deserve some sort of compensation if the design of the template does undermine the value of their legendaries.

As for me craft leg item is some good trip, fun, but not toxic challenge. All pleasure I get asap after craft and during process.
    If for someone craft leg is pain I am can only ask - "WHY U DO IT???"

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Whether they are compensated or not, I just want to say about people that have crafted 9 sets or armor or more. If you have the time and money dedicated to making this many sets, they probably don’t need compensation in reality. I understand the time it takes to put in for these. If they can make 9 sets, they probably can make any legendary they want. I am not saying Anet should or shouldn’t compensate. Like I said before, perhaps an updated armor set could be offered by trading in duplicates. It doesn’t negate the effort they made, and it doesn’t give them free materials.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

I need this feature now :) Thanks for this. it really makes making legendary equipment meaningful. I just have to start working on all different leg weapons now and the pvp trinket :P

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW server
    Leg champ., champ. magus, champ. phantom & champ. hunter
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, DoD, DwD.

• phantom.1675phantom.1675 Member ✭✭
    edited April 5, 2020

@eXruina.4956 said:

@Areneys.2940 said:
    Why do you assume im angry about this issue??
    Im just stating you or anyone asking for refund/compensation for making x set simply dont deserve it, just because you spent time/money on it.

Well I just assumed, my bad if that wasn't your mind set, you came off pretty derogatory in your post.

Its precisely because the people did invest considerable time, effort and gold on their legendaries that they deserve some sort of compensation if the design of the template does undermine the value of their legendaries.

If they were easy to attain, and didn't take so much resources to craft then it would hardly matter at all.

This is exactly how I see it. I wouldn't be making the same argument for less time consuming items. The other issue is that the WvW/PvP legendaries require time gated currencies that could have otherwise been used on other exclusive items attainable only with those currencies.

Everyone saying players who crafted multiple sets "chose" to are obviously correct. But this design change undermines the choice by completely altering how legendaries work.

• TwoGhosts.6790TwoGhosts.6790 Member ✭✭✭

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:
    Here’s a thought. For people who have crafted multiple sets, allow them to trade theirs for unbound versions of the armor to be able to be sold on trading post. This gives a way for a user to make their money back, and allows others the ability to purchase these for their armory.

This is a pretty neat idea. I mean, if you're going to devalue your endgame rewards, may as well go all in. To be clear, I genuinely think your idea is a good one. I just think that Anet's is terrible.

• Balthzar.3807Balthzar.3807 Member ✭✭✭

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:
    Here’s a thought. For people who have crafted multiple sets, allow them to trade theirs for unbound versions of the armor to be able to be sold on trading post. This gives a way for a user to make their money back, and allows others the ability to purchase these for their armory.

This is a pretty neat idea. I mean, if you're going to devalue your endgame rewards, may as well go all in. To be clear, I genuinely think your idea is a good one. I just think that Anet's is terrible.

One thing that is being missed is this.

Expect them to sell the Armory slots like shared inventory slots at about 500 gems per slot. Anet doesn't give QOL away anymore

• @Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

THIS!

Since the start of the game players were able to purchase a legendary weapon straight from trading post. Why not the same for the armor now going forward? If that person has a full set, why not allow it to be sold as a bundle too? The game had always devalued legendary status from the beginning.

Perhaps if they upgraded the WvW armor skins to have a unique skin for the legendary version and then added collections for the armor sets (repeatable for those with more than 9 sets).

The collection can give out a tradeable infusion which gives players some legendary effect regardless of the armor skin used. For example, you could have the Raid Armors 'draw" animation on any skin you wanted with this infusion. WvW and PvP could have similar draw/stow or other infusion effects.

Making the infusion sellable would help recover costs for those with multiple sets OR they could just make multiple repeats of the collection give a bundle of appropriate materials like clovers plus tickets for wvw, shards for pvp, raid currency for raid armors.

• @phantom.1675 said:
    Perhaps if they upgraded the WvW armor skins to have a unique skin for the legendary version and then added collections for the armor sets (repeatable for those with more than 9 sets).

The collection can give out a tradeable infusion which gives players some legendary effect regardless of the armor skin used. For example, you could have the Raid Armors 'draw" animation on any skin you wanted with this infusion. WvW and PvP could have similar draw/stow or other infusion effects.

Making the infusion sellable would help recover costs for those with multiple sets OR they could just make multiple repeats of the collection give a bundle of appropriate materials like clovers plus tickets for wvw, shards for pvp, raid currency for raid armors.

I don't like the clover idea, but the mode-exclusive currency idea is splendid. Clearly those players had interest in that mode, so why not reward them with currency they can use to get weapons/trinkets of that same nature? That much makes sense to me.

• @Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

I quite like this idea. I like making legendary weapons, but I would probably prefer to buy the 3 weights of armor. I am currently working on the light weight though.

• I am so hyped for this! I intend to make my first and ninth leggy simultaneously when it launches. So some more work to be done, might need to cut it to 4-5

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

I love this, It's made me start my first legendary. Before I never bothered because it only seemed like a slight upgrade from ascended but with a huge price tag but now even tho the price tag is still there the convenience that will come from Trinkets especially has made it seem worthwhile.

I'm hoping that it wont cost anything to unlock the armory since making any legendary is already very expensive and time consuming, If I have to pay even more to add it to the armory or unlock it in there then I'm out and I'll stick to ascended.

@Solanum.6983 said:
    I'm hoping that it wont cost anything to unlock the armory since making any legendary is already very expensive and time consuming, If I have to pay even more to add it to the armory or unlock it in there then I'm out and I'll stick to ascended.

You can bet it won't be given away for free, but even if they charge 500 gems, that's like 200g on a bad day.

Ascended weapons costs about 50g, and ascended armor is around 40g or so per piece, so figure a set of ascended armor + 1x 2H weapon costs about 300g. If you wanted a second alternate set with different stats, another 300g or so, etc.

But if you already have a set of legendary armor in that weight class, paying 200g to give that character access to it would be a bargain (and ANET knows this, which is why I'm 99% sure they will charge for it).

• i cant wait for this feature to be released. I really hope it gets released soon

edited April 10, 2020

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Solanum.6983 said:

You can bet it won't be given away for free, but even if they charge 500 gems, that's like 200g on a bad day.

Ascended weapons costs about 50g, and ascended armor is around 40g or so per piece, so figure a set of ascended armor + 1x 2H weapon costs about 300g. If you wanted a second alternate set with different stats, another 300g or so, etc.

But if you already have a set of legendary armor in that weight class, paying 200g to give that character access to it would be a bargain (and ANET knows this, which is why I'm 99% sure they will charge for it).

I really hope it's free since it's supposed to be a property of the legendary itself which is an end game and in game item. Additionally, they already have a system in place to monetize it with the equipment templates which is how multiple legendary "configurations" can be stored even if everyone has access to the legendary items.

• You're not going to get compensated. You used the legendary for all the time until this update. You made it for convenience, and experienced the convenience.

A long time ago before Shared Inventory slots were "implemented" people didn't forsee that they only needed 1 Copper Fed Salvomatic. People bought 1 for each character. That's over 2,000g if you bought 9. To this day you can still see them in Deroir's bank. He didn't get compensation nor anybody else. I understand your fight, trust me I almost made 9 sets I'd be pissed. But you also have to look at it from the other end of the spectrum. Why should you get something special that the rest cannot get? Anet isn't going to cater to the 2% that crafted 9 sets of legendary armor. This new system is amazing for anybody who didn't craft multiples of legendary. I would hate to see that 2% ruin it for the other 98%.

• @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

Things I'd like to see and/or hope are already included:

• Changed skins/dyes for legendary equipment on one character do not automatically apply to all characters equipping the same item (but have the option to apply the skin/dye to other characters on the same account) - and/or shareable skin/dye template codes.
    • Ability to salvage or do -something- with duplicate legendary gear created i.e. multiple sets of armor of the same weight class (but not weapons used for Twice Told Legend)
    • If one legendary Ring (or Accessory) is created and added to the Armory, would it be usable in both equipment slots on a character at the same time? (Hopefully not?)
    • I enjoy collection achievements.. Can we get a collection achivement for building the Legendary Armory?
    • Somewhere to show off legendary gear, a la GW1 HoM?
    • Non-PvP legendary amulet, as that game mode is so toxic and un-fun to play? (donning flame retardant armor now for the inevitable insults for not liking PvP)
    • Ability to apply stat package across all legendary gear equipped, not just "of the same type" (i.e. pick stats on helmet, apply to all armor, weapons, and trinkets)
    • Ability to suppress display of legendary trinkets as per backpack, helmet, shoulders
  • Arkael.1245Arkael.1245 Member
    edited April 11, 2020

2x every weight armor. // 26x 1ºgen Weapons ( included Water weapons ). // 5x 2ºgen Weapons. // 2x Backpieces (fractals + pvp) // Aurora, coalesence, vision.
    I do not want a refund of the armor/weapons repeated. what I want is the legendary armory NOW!!