Need build Sword/Focus

silvermember.8941

@"silvermember.8941" said:Hello Folks,

I am about to return to the game and I need a builds for PvE and another one for WvW/PvP. Are they any viable builds that uses swords/focus or either one of the combination. At the very least do you know where I can go to find builds?

I second fire weaver. I favor the fire/arcane setup for open world, PvP, and WvW (roaming).

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXevbA-zRRYkh9GN4yInCIzEwhZpKpN-e

You can really use whatever condi-based gear you like. I use plaguedoctor/trailblazer for WvW, and I just use the same setup in open world. In PvP I use Sage amulet, which feels pretty perfect to me. Cleansing sigil for WvW, smoldering for PvP/PvE. Energy sigil and Balthazar runes across all modes. Run fire 1-1-2 for open world, 1-2-2 for PvP/WvW. First and second tier arcane traits are whatever you want. I usually go for the extra vigor on the first tier, but the heal on attunement swap is decent, too. Second tier I take 1 for PvP, 2 or 3 for WvW, and 3 for PvE. But always take Evasive Arcana because it's pure awesome.

Here are a few sample videos of fire/arcane sword/focus weaver in action in the three game modes. All of these are post-balancing patch, of course.

WvW Roaming

Open World

PvP (Unranked)