Next Festival anticipated and prolonged... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Next Festival anticipated and prolonged...

Why doesn't Arena Net anticipate the Super Adventure Festival? Since much of the world is being quarantined, I think that would be a perfect plan to keep players busy and inside their homes. Anet could not only anticipate the festival, but also extend its duration in the game. #Takecare #washyourhands #CoronaVirus #FromBrazil

Comments

• wrathmagik.3518wrathmagik.3518 Member ✭✭✭

I believe they said SAB is coming soon didnt they?

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭

Afaik some skins would need a lot of years - if you wanted to get all of them. (And I only returned the last year June and missed some SAB years.) It wouldn't be a bad idea - since SAB is fun and has more of a "happy mood" - to make it run a bit longer.

I had hinted at this suggestion in the other thread where someone suggested a free outfit for Corona awareness. Such an option (also players can organize their own fun stuff in game ... RPing or doing low level stuff to help noobs) would be nice.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am all for making SAB run longer this year! <3

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

The only thing is they don’t want it to get too close to the next episode release. The two may overlap by a week but likely anet wouldn’t let it be two

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure I understand what 'anticipate' means in this context.
    I'm sure the Devs regard SAB as probable, and expect it to be released in April.

• I imagine that the sooner the SAB arrives, the better it will be. And if it lasts longer on GW2 it will be even better! I'm in quarantine and I'm bored to death! I got tired of running GW2 maps killing world bosses. I want festival !!!

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I'm not sure I understand what 'anticipate' means in this context.
    I'm sure the Devs regard SAB as probable, and expect it to be released in April.

I believe in that context it means bringing it out sooner to keep players busy longer.

I'd have thought Visions of the Past would have done that to be honest

• MikeG.6389MikeG.6389 Member ✭✭✭

Historically, SAB returns on the last Thursday before 1 April, which would mean this Thursday for the upcoming festival. There is no reason to suspect they changed their schedule so you only have to sleep 3 more.
    Patience is a virtue.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like SAB. Who not like - not participate. The duration as always.
    Don't see any problem.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@MikeG.6389 said:
    Historically, SAB returns on the last Thursday before 1 April, which would mean this Thursday for the upcoming festival. There is no reason to suspect they changed their schedule so you only have to sleep 3 more.
    Patience is a virtue.

And It's the thursday before the 1st. It didn't go Live, maybe Tuesday.

• Wubbbi.8172Wubbbi.8172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020

@lummuss.6850 Did you read https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/looking-ahead-to-spring-summer-and-the-future/ (A very recent news) or what makes you think it isn't coming? I wonder why people always assume something when there is no reason to?! They said that it is coming after Visions of the Past is released.

Our next release following “Steel and Fire” is Super Adventure Festival, when Moto will open up the Super Adventure Box in Rata Sum again to welcome all jumping, bauble-collecting heroic types.

New Content just came out less than 2 weeks ago. I really don't get it.

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't forget: they're quarantined, too.

• MikeG.6389MikeG.6389 Member ✭✭✭

@Daddicus.6128 said:
    Don't forget: they're quarantined, too.

They didn't communicate that it would affect their release schedule in any way so far. I'm now guessing that the SAB event will start on Tuesday, 31 March. It always included the weekend before 1 April ever since they made it an annual festival, that's why I thought it would return this week...