Necromancer's trait "Plague Sending" should be blockable.

Vaeo.4097

"Plague Sending" is major adept trait in Curses. Here it is: "When your conditions meet the threshold (3 conditions), your next critical hit will cast Plague Signet on your target."

This trait casts instantly after successful hit.So this trait is guaranteed to hit!

That's the problem: such powerful trait shouldn't hit always, with just skill spamming!It wasn't such a big problem before PoF, but now with Scourge's area denial through sand shades and more conditions overall really hard to counter it.

How it should work? I think it should work like thief's elite skill "Basilisk venom". When necromancer gets 3 conditions he gets one charge. If next attack hits (any hit, not only critical) conditions transferred. If next hit missed (blinded, blocked, evaded) than charge lost and trait goes on cooldown.Or may be better give 5 charges: one of each transfers one condition.May be it's a bit excessively tough nerf for this trait, but some counterplay against such powerful trait should be provided.

@Vaeo.4097 said:"Plague Sending" is major adept trait in Curses. Here it is: "When your conditions meet the threshold (3 conditions), your next critical hit will cast Plague Signet on your target."You forgot that It has cooldown.

@Vaeo.4097 said:That's the problem: such powerful trait shouldn't hit always, with just skill spamming!You forgot that It has cooldown.

@Vaeo.4097 said:It wasn't such a big problem before PoF, but now with Scourge's area denial through sand shades and more conditions overall really hard to counter it.Nerf core necro because It is notable with PoF necro.

@Vaeo.4097 said:How it should work? I think it should work like thief's elite skill "Basilisk venom". When necromancer gets 3 conditions he gets one charge. If next attack hits (any hit, not only critical) conditions transferred. If next hit missed (blinded, blocked, evaded) than charge lost and trait goes on cooldown.Or may be better give 5 charges: one of each transfers one condition.May be it's a bit excessively tough nerf for this trait, but some counterplay against such powerful trait should be provided.As Necro and Counter-Necro, I had learnt when this passive trait is going to be launched and when to block it or receive it. The Key part of this trait is Meeting the threshold and critical and, of course if you launch your condi spam with CC the next attack is going to affect you.

And don't tell me that you haven't think that you can inflict 3 weak contitions to waste this trait.

The basic idea I'm trying to tell: Why utility skill "Plague signet" can be baited, and trait "Plague sending" can't be?And I clearly understand that the way of nerf I suggested in original post hurts this trait too hard.

@Daniel.9240 said:Nerf core necro because It is notable with PoF necro.

Absolutely agree that this isn't an issue before PoF, because you could stay close to necro or behind him making hard to him to land this trait. I played reaper in Season 5 and understand, how hard it was to land this trait. And deadshot amulet (high crit chance) was not common choise that days as it is now.But in combination with scourge's area denial skills and high crit chance this trait became really powerfull.

And I know how to beat scourge as condi mirage. I know how to use LoS and make necro waste this trait.

@minion.1987 said:that's one of the few defenses reaper and necro have against scourge along with other condi it would be a bad choice to nerf it.

In general necro has many condi defenses: "Consume conditions" (with 20 sec cooldown if traited), "Putrid mark", "Plague signet" and shroud (second healthbar in the essence). And I don't see why you talking about "defenses reaper and necro have against scourge". Absolutely same way I could say that it is "defenses scourge have against reaper", because they both have this trait.

@Vaeo.4097 said:The basic idea I'm trying to tell: Why utility skill "Plague signet" can be baited, and trait "Plague sending" can't be?Utility Skill is baited because of user fault. Trait version is nullified (nullified sound as baited for me) because of your playing skills.

@Vaeo.4097 said:In general necro has many condi defenses: "Consume conditions" (with 20 sec cooldown if traited), "Putrid mark", "Plague signet" and shroud (second healthbar in the essence). And I don't see why you talking about "defenses reaper and necro have against scourge". Absolutely same way I could say that it is "defenses scourge have against reaper", because they both have this trait.Consume condition -> casting: 1secPutrid mark -> casting: 3/4secPlague signet -> can be missed and passive effect is not a charm either.Shroud -> needs Life force.

@Vaeo.4097 said:And I know how to beat scourge as condi mirage. I know how to use LoS and make necro waste this trait.then... Why are you writting this post if that trait is supposed to be no problem to you..?

Archived