Please Fix Druid?

Aylpse.6280

I know this is probably a waste of my time but I may as well throw kitten at the wall and see if it sticks. In guild wars 1, I mained a Ranger/Monk and adored the class. In HoT when Druid was announced I was ecstatic. It had combined my two favorite things, pet classes and healers. It was everything I wanted. However, patch after patch and patch it felt like Druid was nerfed again and again. The class suffering from major limitations that hampered it from performing it's designed role. To be Gw2's premiere healer, it somehow was less effective then Elementalist (Tempest). Druid was locked out of it's healing with very little compensation. However, I will get to that later. In base Gw2, Ranger was hated, rejected and tossed aside. It was so bad we were kicked from PuG parties as soon as people saw the paw icon. In HoT, Anet promised with Druid ranger would never suffer that fate again, that they would closely watch Druid to make sure it remains viable. In truth, they have made good on this promise, but this isn't due to Druid's healing so much as it's bounty of support. Let me get on to my three biggest grievances then in hopes this desperate cry against the tide is somehow heard. I am mostly a spvp player but I did dabble in raids and have manged to keep myself informed.

StaffBroken since it's inception, the Staff offers very little outside of CA generation. Skills 3 and 5 are good. However, the auto attack and staff four are my main issues. It could probably be fixed with some tweaking in all honestly, if the AA could be fixed to generate a bit more CA that would be phenomenal. 4 is just clunky to use.

CA GatingMy biggest issue with Druid. Mechanically, being locked out of your healing by Cooldowns and CA is a joke when Firebrand can just open a book and throw out stronger healing and support. Druid NEEDS compensation for the added mechanics. What do we gain from just being outright inferior to Firebrand?

Pet Stat ReductionWhy? This was honestly the final nail in the coffin in spvp where Druid was already a very weak pick. If Smokescale is still the issue please deal with that rather then nerf all of the pets and Druid. This is my biggest gripe because no other class has their main mechanic gutted. (besides Daredevil now that I think about it.) And like CA having so many gates, for what compensation? This negatively impacts nearly every game mode, from solo play to WvW. For example, Tempest not only gets Overloads to compensate for the longer cooldowns but these greatly compliment it's kit and add more options for the Elementalist. Even with the old ranger traits in vanilla I took many pet traits in skirmishing and "took care" of my pet because I found success when we worked as a team. I was able to beat Rangers who neglected" their pets in favor of personal power consistently. That Druid takes this hefty 20% stat reduction on pets with no compensation is outrageous.

Well, that's it for my rant. I'll probably check back at some point, please don't be offended if I don't respond to you. I have autism and it was hard enough to get my thoughts into a readable format here. Chances are I will have read it at the very least. I hope my fellow Rangers, Druids and Soulbeasts have a wonderful day! Don't forget to feed your pet!