[E-spec idea] King of worms

Dadnir.5038

I'm pretty sure some get the reference. Anyway, the idea of the E-spec would be to exploit the worm/insect thematic tied to the necromancer since GW. And because I'm slightly greedy I'll try to put to many things into it (from minions to self inflicted conditions and endurance spec.)

Name: King of worms

Main mechanism: The king of worm don't use it's life force to wander between life and death but to feed a parasitic scavenger worm queen bound to him. This parasitic organism reduce your vitality but increase your resistance to condition damage.First minor trait: Worm handler: You bind with a scavenger worm, weakening you but allowing you to grow swarms and use __.Vitality reduced: -600.Condition damage reduction: 50%.Increased life force ratio to 100% of health pool.

F1: Life feed: Feed 984 life force to your scavenger queen, gaining 2 instances of Scavenger's venom.-> Scavenger's venom: Your attacks inflict slow (1s). Proc shrd#1 traits.

F2: Shadow worm: Feed 1935 LF to your scavenger queen to release 2 shadow worms into your organism. The worms are sustained by feeding on your blood until you chose to release them in swarms.Self inflicted bleed (10 sec): 1 stackInterval: 3 sec-> Shadow swarm (x2): Release a swarm that fly to your target and then attach itself to drain endurance apply weakness (1 sec) with each tic for a few seconds. Considered as a minion until it attach itself, dying in the process. Foe have to dodge to get rid of it when attached.Endurance drained: 5 per ticWeakness: 1 secInterval: 1 secDuration: 4 sec

F3: Ether worm: Feed 2487 LF to your scavenger queen to release an ether worm into your organism. The worm is sustained by feeding on your blood until you chose to let it bloom.Self inflicted bleed (10 sec): 1 stackInterval: 3 sec.-> Blooming fear: Send your ether worm onto your target, letting it bloom into a terrifying ether butterfly that fear and poison foes close to your target.Fear: 1 secPoison: 4 sec

F4: Poison worm: Feed 3686 LF to your scavenger queen to release a school of poison worms into your organism. These worms are sustained by feeding on your blood until you chose to consume them.Self inflicted bleed (10 sec): 1 stackInterval: 3 sec-> Poisonous flesh: Consume your poison worms to make your flesh highly poisonous affecting your environment and foes that struck you.Poison (2): 4 secInterval: 1 secDuration: 3 secRadius: 300Poison (1) when struck: 4 sec (1 sec CD per attacker)

F5: Scavenger shroud: Feed 4606 LF to your scavenger queen to temporary link yourself to her and gain a powerfull barrier.Duration: 6 secDamage (power) reduction: 50%Barrier: 5016

Weapon: Axe off-hand

Utility skills: Specter (similar to nature spirits but with death flavor effects)

Minor traits:First minor: Worm handler: You bind with a scavenger worm, weakening you but allowing you to grow swarms and use __.Vitality reduced: -600.Condition damage reduction: 50%.

Second minor: Dumb struck: Whenever you inflict fear you also slow.Slow: 2 sec

Third minor: Host: For each worm you host gain increased condition damage (20) and toughness (20). (max: 5. 1 permanent and 4 from worm skills)

Upper traitline:Voracious: increase critical chance (15%) against slowed foes.Merciless: Applying slow also apply vulnerability (4s).Scavenger's frenzy: Your scavenger's shroud no longer reduce incoming damage. Scavenger's shroud duration is increased to 10 seconds, you now gain an instance of scavenger venom every second while you are in scavenger's shroud.

Middle traitline:Scavenger's carapace: gain carapace for each condition you inflict on yourself or draw from your allies.Corruptor's delight: gain vigor (2 sec) whenever you inflict a condition on yourself or draw a corruption from your allies. (ICD: 3 seconds)Relentless: Whenever a worm feed on your blood, gain 3 point of endurance and 133/64 health points. (which mean up to 9 points of endurance and 399 point of health every 3 sec)

Lower traitline:Famished specters: Specters draw conditions from surrounding allies whenever they are summoned or their active skills are used.Last ditch: You and your minions transfer an instance of a condition you are inflicted with on foes nearby upon being downed.Miasma: Poisonous flesh change to miasma.-> Miasma: send a poisonous wave at foes around you, poisoning them summoning a miasma swarm for each foe struck.Radius: 300.Poison (4): 2 secnumber of foes: 5Miasma swarm poison (1) for 1 sec on hit (clone amount of power damage, duration 30 sec, max number: 5)

@"Yasai.3549" said:Like the concept, not too hot about the name.King of Worms sounds like a real mouthful and doesn't really describe a necrotic profession like Reaper or Scourge does.

King of Worms does sound like a tackle shop I would go to for my fishing bait.

Well, it's the undead king in the elder's scroll saga.Originally I was set on the name: "Host". However, I had an unfortunate accident that deleted all I wrote up to the traits. It pissed me off and I waited a few day before trying again with something slightly different, putting less emphasis on the utility skills (to the point that there is none :tongue: )

@"Dadnir.5038" said:

Well, it's the undead king in the elder's scroll saga.Originally I was set on the name: "Host". However, I had an unfortunate accident that deleted all I wrote up to the traits. It pissed me off and I waited a few day before trying again with something slightly different, putting less emphasis on the utility skills (to the point that there is none :tongue: )

Maybe something like Plague Host or Carrion Lord.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:looks like another scourge type spec. absolutely not without some real damage mitigation (-50% dmg or 1 sec invuln on a 10 sec cd shroud skill).

There is, but probably on a 20 sec CD. There is a baseline 50% condi damage reduction and scavenger shroud give both barrier and 50% power damage reduction (for 6 seconds) unless you trait Scavenger's frenzy and give up the 50% damage reduction for a longer duration and a steady generation of scavenger's venom. But you should have read all of that.

Edit: the spec may be a bit to focused on condi damage thought.