looking for guild wars trial

Typing.2456

Hi i would like to go deeper in the lore of gw and was considering to buy the original guild wars for a while but before jumping on would like to get a feel of the game mechanics. I read somewhere that there are certain codes that let you try the game as a friend of someone who bought it allready. are those trials still available? if it is can anyone help me decide if to buy or stick to gw2? i would i appreciate it if someone sent me an email at

Personal information removed

thank you and sorry if i post the question in wrong section.

@Typing.2456 said:how do i take down the question? or modify the message to cancel my email address? i can't find the option

You can't take it down, but you can edit a post using the cog symbol at the top right corner of your post next to the date or time

To answer your post though, GW1 has frequent sales. It is worth waiting for them. Especially on places like Steam etc

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Typing.2456 said:nope i can't take down the post anymore.. there is a 4 hours timer before it becomes uneditable.. oh well

There is no timer on editing posts. I have edited posts days after sometimes after errors were pointed out to me (I just tested this on one of my older ones to be sure)

That depends of one's rank on forum, to remove the time limit it requires 2 or 3 stars if I remember correctly.

@Raizel.1839 said:

@Typing.2456 said:nope i can't take down the post anymore.. there is a 4 hours timer before it becomes uneditable.. oh well

There is no timer on editing posts. I have edited posts days after sometimes after errors were pointed out to me (I just tested this on one of my older ones to be sure)

That depends of one's rank on forum, to remove the time limit it requires 2 or 3 stars if I remember correctly.

Ahhh of course