PvP Lag? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

PvP Lag?

bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭✭

Over the past year or so I've noticed spvp has gotten laggy. Like, server-side ms ping lag. Not fps.

Pretty sad. If I were to compare it to anything, it's like when you're in wvw ebg and there's at least 1 big blob fight.

If you go to a wvw map with 0 blobs, the server lag is gone.. but in spvp, it's always mostly always there. Anyone else notice this? It's getting quite frustrating tbh.

I mean spvp is supposedly the most competitive game mode in gw2 yet it seems, at least to me, to be more laggy than WvW which is very ironic.

Comments

• Kuma.1503Kuma.1503 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2020

I've had an issue since forever where stealthed classes take a while to appear on my screen.

I'll pick a fight on far when a thief or mesmer surprises me from stealth, but instead of their model appearing the moment they deal damage to me (as they should) the game will take a while to load their model so I'll have an invisible character hitting me for 2-5 seconds and the only indication I have that they're there is the SFX from them attacking and my rapidly depleting health bar.

It seems to only occur once per game. Once the game has properly rendered the enemy player's model this does not happen again, but it has definitely cost me some fights.

Very annoying issue. `

• @bigo.9037 said:
    Over the past year or so I've noticed spvp has gotten laggy.
    @Kuma.1503 said:
    I've had an issue since forever where stealthed classes take a while to appear on my screen.

That might eventually be a PC problem dudes.
    With my old PC I had lag problems too sometimes, but since I bought a new one, that didnt happen anymore.
    During one year of playing I had just 2 or 3 server-sided lags.

• bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hotte in space.2158 said:

@bigo.9037 said:
    Over the past year or so I've noticed spvp has gotten laggy.
    @Kuma.1503 said:

That might eventually be a PC problem dudes.
    With my old PC I had lag problems too sometimes, but since I bought a new one, that didnt happen anymore.
    During one year of playing I had just 2 or 3 server-sided lags.

That wouldn't explain why this specifically only happens in spvp and not wvw.