New types of Boons/Conditions with Expansion? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New types of Boons/Conditions with Expansion?

Hi everyone, I was just thinking about the possibility of new boons or conditions that could be added to the game for flavor and gameplay. I know it's a tall order for balance and probably unlikely, but speculation is fun. What are some ideas for new boons or conditions that would be cool to play around with?

I have an idea for a condition that could make bleeding more interesting. It's called "hemorrhage" and the basic idea is that it interacts with bleeding to produce spikes of damage. Hemorrhage only stacks duration, not intensity. It doesn't do any damage initially. In order for hemorrhage to deal damage, you need at least 10 stacks of bleeding on the target. If you maintain hemorrhage for 10 seconds, and the target has at least 10 stacks of bleeding, then hemorrhage will deal a spike of damage equal to the bleed stacks. So hemorrhage only deals damage once every 10 seconds, and if you cleanse it off, then it deals no damage at all. However, if left untreated, hemorrhage will hurt a lot in the long run.

I know it's a really rough idea, but I've always wanted to find a way to make bleeding more interesting, and I took some inspiration from the way bleeding works in dark souls. Anyway, does anyone have some ideas, or is gw2 completely finished developing new mechanics like this?

Comments

  • DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Oh man, I think we should cut the amount of boons and conditions in game. Firebrand, Mallyx Rev or Condi Necro are the perfect examples.

    If boons and conditions were more profession-oriented, then I think it would be a perfect opportunity for new ones. Currently all classess have access to almost every boon and condition in the game and this makes it pretty hard to balance from a PvP / WvW perspective.

    But I really like the concept.

  • Memoranda.9386Memoranda.9386 Member ✭✭✭

    Hopefully not. There are plenty as it is.

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭

    Could be interesting to get some more unique conditions and boons. Some ideas:

    • condition that prevents boons to work (basically the opposite of resistance, resistance should have priority)
    • condition that prevents other conditions from ticking down while still applying their effect (should be really short and limited)
  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I rather take more personal buffs/group buffs like spirits, ap, spotter, banners etc. They can or can not stack with previous buffs.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    We should have some more new and different buffs that aren't boons. Stuff not everybody can have up all the time or that would be added elsewhere after the fact.

    I rather choose death.

  • yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

    We don’t need more boons or conditions

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Condis or boons? Probably not. PoF did not have new condis or boons either. Just barrier. Boons in particular will be straight up power creep.

    Maybe a new gear stats.

  • Cuks.8241Cuks.8241 Member ✭✭✭

    More? Less would be better. And less access to them. Now I press 2 buttons and apply all possible condies.

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They need to add in auras for all field types even water needs it own aura type. It would be nice to see an earth field.

    I am not sure if you need more boon types unless they make resistant a counter to soft cc only and add in a protection for condi dmg.

    As for condis i would love to see a your boons duration is cut or your boon duration ticks faster making the boons not last as long on players. Something for classes who do not have boon strip.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • @Cuks.8241 said:
    More? Less would be better. And less access to them. Now I press 2 buttons and apply all possible condies.

    ALL condis? As in every single one? In two button presses? Sorry, but I have to call bs on that.

    The Charr shall rule!

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

    @Cuks.8241 said:
    More? Less would be better. And less access to them. Now I press 2 buttons and apply all possible condies.

    ALL condis? As in every single one? In two button presses? Sorry, but I have to call bs on that.

    You are correct. With 1 press you can apply all exept alacrity.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • Uden Reavstone.3426Uden Reavstone.3426 Member ✭✭✭

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

    @Cuks.8241 said:
    More? Less would be better. And less access to them. Now I press 2 buttons and apply all possible condies.

    ALL condis? As in every single one? In two button presses? Sorry, but I have to call bs on that.

    You are correct. With 1 press you can apply all exept alacrity.

    That's a boon, not a condi. Either way, what builds are you guys using to give you "all" of the effects in less then three button presses? I still call bs by the way.

    The Charr shall rule!

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7:48AM

    @Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

    @Cuks.8241 said:
    More? Less would be better. And less access to them. Now I press 2 buttons and apply all possible condies.

    ALL condis? As in every single one? In two button presses? Sorry, but I have to call bs on that.

    You are correct. With 1 press you can apply all exept alacrity.

    That's a boon, not a condi. Either way, what builds are you guys using to give you "all" of the effects in less then three button presses? I still call bs by the way.

    Sorry I tried to be funny but turned out that I was kitten instead 😅 should notnread forum when tired.
    Aynyways was talking about boon thief in raids spamming this skill: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Detonate_Plasma

    Or thief in general with this skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Plasma

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • Uden Reavstone.3426Uden Reavstone.3426 Member ✭✭✭

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

    @Cuks.8241 said:
    More? Less would be better. And less access to them. Now I press 2 buttons and apply all possible condies.

    ALL condis? As in every single one? In two button presses? Sorry, but I have to call bs on that.

    You are correct. With 1 press you can apply all exept alacrity.

    That's a boon, not a condi. Either way, what builds are you guys using to give you "all" of the effects in less then three button presses? I still call bs by the way.

    Sorry I tried to be funny but turned out that I was kitten instead 😅 should notnread forum when tired.
    Aynyways was talking about boon thief in raids spamming this skill: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Detonate_Plasma

    Or thief in general with this skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Plasma

    I forgot about that skill.

    The Charr shall rule!