I love the game! I'm playing it since launch!
But I have a hard time convincing anyone to join, and lets face it, the game has some major flaws. First and foremost is the mistreatment of new players, and I can't exactly lie to them! It's not exactly that they are doing nothing for them. It's just that they completely ignore those who are coming it blind in terms of franchise knowledge and for every positive the game had, it's followed by a big "but".
- The game doesn't have subscription, **but **there are some mandatory purchases one has to make!
- The vanila game is free, but it sucks compared to the rest (leaving a bad first impression).
- The story is very good, **but **not the initial one! It's very poorly told with your character having wooden dialogue and having you meet your new best friend in each act.
- Your goal is to fight the world ending elder dragons! **But **the climaxes on both the vanila story and expansions are unfinished (Zaitan fight is in beta state & HoT is obviously missing a few chapters near the end).
- You can buy both existing expansions at the price of one, **But **you'll have to pay a kitten ton of additional money for the living world content where most story is told.
- The game's leveling system keeps old content relevant, **but **once you learn a mastery, you cannot experience the game without it again!
- All of the game's attributes mater for all classes, **but **if you are not playing with offensive attributes you are playing it wrong!
- The game has Dungeons! but, they are pretty much a joke in terms of balancing, and the devs have abandoned them for newer stuff.
- The game has guild missions! **but **they haven't been updated in many years!
- You can follow all the story up to the current patch (after paying) but the season 1 story is lost for good.
- Good news! They are adding back season 1 in repayable form... But, they are adding it back at a late story season 5 area as mini dungeons!...
- Each expansion offers new gear with new start combinations, **but **they are much harder to make and have no significant advantage compare to the one you are getting easily in the vanila game.
Lots of small and big problems are being left here and there that no one is going back to fix them.
The recent patch was a disappointment, as for once we though that the missing season was going to be added back, but it looks like Arena is trying to please the wrong audience!
Why would you lock Season 1 on mid season 5 content?
It doesn't make any sense!...