Phantasmal Berserker boon rip — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Mesmer

Phantasmal Berserker boon rip

apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed if they rip boons when combined with Bountiful Blades? I've suspected they haven't for a while and today I carefully watched a necro not lose a single boon when they got hit by the berserkers?

Comments

  • ArlAlt.1630ArlAlt.1630 Member ✭✭✭

    Wasn’t it on the attack itself?

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    On the GS attack that never hits anything? OK well that explains why then and that sucks.

  • Odik.4587Odik.4587 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    @apharma.3741 said:
    On the GS attack that never hits anything? OK well that explains why then and that sucks.

    They ruined stuff for the mes in favor of PVE, as usual, where GS skills recharge x2 faster than in pvp where mesmer lost GS trait forever w/o compensations and as you noticed put boonrip somewhere where it never lands.
    Who cares tho?

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    @Odik.4587 said:

    They ruined stuff for the mes in favor of PVE, as usual, where GS skills recharge x2 faster than in pvp where mesmer lost GS trait forever w/o compensations and as you noticed put boonrip somewhere where it never lands.
    Who cares tho?

    I think the idea was to make GS "better" for zerg combat, but in the end they just ruined GS for every single encounter.
    I mean additional bounces? 33% damage reduction? It's all signs that they wanted Bountiful Blades to be good for group combat but wanted to tone down the damage.

    And in their classic Anet fashion, they never bothered to test these changes anyway.

    Power Nerf + Mirror Blade 15% damage reduction per bounce + 33% damage reduction from Bountiful Blades? Even if yu have 2 extra bounces all hits won't mean jack!

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Honestly mesmer will never really work in zerg combat just because phantasms and clones have so little health and don't avoid damage. The best trait that existed for dealing with this was distortion on phantasms that were summoned.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Protected_Phantasms&oldid=1131591

    It's the same reason Renegade, minions, elementals etc are all bad in zergs, they simply melt and don't avoid damage.

  • Senqu.8054Senqu.8054 Member ✭✭

    @apharma.3741 said:
    Honestly mesmer will never really work in zerg combat just because phantasms and clones have so little health and don't avoid damage. The best trait that existed for dealing with this was distortion on phantasms that were summoned.

    Don’t say never. We had at the beginning our glamour confusion Mesmer. And it was awesome! But they deleted it, as always :(