Treasure Hunter Events Unlocatable

I've been trying to find these events in either desert highlands or the desolation so I can get the items for the funerary armor collections. I have yet to see them ANYWHERE in either map. Locking content behind an irregular, randomly located event that you have to just happen to be near to know is happening is annoying and bad design. I can't work towards something that is 100% based on luck.

The Treasure Hunter event is just an overall meta event that gives you a special version of treasures found when using the Treasure Hunting Kits. I'm not sure how often the meta is active, so you'll just need to hang around the map until it pops up; you get a pop up message saying the event is starting no matter where you are in the map. All you need to do is get some of the kits (you get them from doing events at any time and in any map), and then just use them during the meta event. You get the item for the achievement after opening your first treasure.

Edit: And Desert Highlands is the map with the Treasure Hunter event.

Edit 2: And as for the thing you need in the Desolation, I assume you mean the Ancient Surveyor's Tools. You don't need an event to do that at all; just use your Treasure Hunting Kits to find treasure until you have your 10 tools.

Archived