Condi Mesmer - Scepter/Torch/Focus - build suggestions

Baldu.8276

Hello all,I'm pretty new to the game: bought at day one but started playing seriously just this last month. I enjoy to study myself the build that i use and i figured it out this one. Still need to clear my ideas regarding utility skills tho:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PiEBs+t3lVw2oCsJ2JWqOmrNA-zRJYmRDfR0VDo5A-e

What do you think and how you will improve it? I basically want to create a condi mesmer with tons of DoT. In my opinion scepter torch and focus works well but let me know..

Thanks!

@"Tayga.3192" said:I suppose this is for open world? Then something like this might work better. Never use Signet of Domination. Blink is for mobility, swap with Mantra of Pain if mobility is unnecessary.

Get Mirage ASAP.

Thanks, i'm trying to find out a well-rounded build for any necessity

@Baldu.8276 said:Thanks, i'm trying to find out a well-rounded build for any necessity

Every gamemode needs different builds.

For open world, nearly everything is fine. Instanced PvE (dungeons, fractals, raids) are mostly about damage while WvW is a bit more about area of effect skills. PvP builds depend but they take a lot more sustain tools.

Since the build's full viper, I take it is PvE with progression in mind:

1. Same sigil don't stack, swap one off for sigil of Malice
  2. Rune of Ele cost too much gold and does not work in sync with future progression, go with Rune of Nightmare.
  3. You have no breakstun, swap off Radiation field as it has too long of a cooldown for the damage it generates.
  4. Keep signet of Domination instead of Mantra. Power damage isn't your focus as you have no ferocity. The signet double serves as a CC skill.
  5. Always keep 3rd utility flixible and situational.
  6. Swap focus for pistol for damage, or a staff for clone generation. Swap trait for duelist's discipline if you go pistol.

@Vilin.8056 said:Since the build's full viper, I take it is PvE with progression in mind:

1. Same sigil don't stack, swap one off for sigil of Malice
  2. Rune of Ele cost too much gold and does not work in sync with future progression, go with Rune of Nightmare.
  3. You have no breakstun, swap off Radiation field as it has too long of a cooldown for the damage it generates.
  4. Keep signet of Domination instead of Mantra. Power damage isn't your focus as you have no ferocity. The signet double serves as a CC skill.
  5. Always keep 3rd utility flixible and situational.
  6. Swap focus for pistol for damage, or a staff for clone generation. Swap trait for duelist's discipline if you go pistol.

Thanks!

I was trying to use Mantra of Pain but a i was unable to trigger its passive while casting. I'm not sure which kind of skills are included in its effect

regarding weapons choice i was tempted by the focus due to the 12 vulnerability stack that i use as a opener with phantasmal warden but i really like also the pistol

My own mesmer's open world condi build is a variant of Lord Hyzen's build. I use full Rabid gear with Undead runes, staff/staff with Energy sigils for max dodginess. I dislike the delayed mechanics of mantras, so I use condi Signets and Illusionary Ambush. I have over 2K condi damage, lots of Toughness and elusive at the same time. It's all about outlasting my enemies as they die from frustration. Soloing Central Tyria champs is no problem. I could go Torment runes (for much higher cost and somewhat less damage) and add some small personal heals to my mix as well if I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...