Impacting disruption, pulmonary impact kind of weak. So, how about this?

Crab Fear.1624

What about the pvp, wvw version causes exhaustion for (2s) to those you interrupt?

Thematically, if the daredevil is this physically superior beast, shouldn't they be able to have better breathing technique when they interrupt a targets actions?

I'm really stretching here, but when I thought about pulmonary, and it being related to lungs, I thought that bad breathing affects endurance, or in this case dodge energy.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:What about the pvp, wvw version causes exhaustion for (2s) to those you interrupt?

Thematically, if the daredevil is this physically superior beast, shouldn't they be able to have better breathing technique when they interrupt a targets actions?

I'm really stretching here, but when I thought about pulmonary, and it being related to lungs, I thought that bad breathing affects endurance, or in this case dodge energy.

That's actually a really interesting idea and I wouldn't mind seeing it in action - though it may be too annoying to play against. Either way, I have always hated old pulm, but it feels like we could use a slight damage boost now after the nerfs.

It's a cool idea I think. It doesn't affect current endurance if it's full, so it makes it an attrition style trait. Would be annoying to fight, but better than the old implementation for sure.

@UNOwen.7132 said:Probably too overpowered at that point. Interrupt them, and you remove their most consistently available defensive tool. Imagine doing that in a +1, theyre just screwed.Tbh if you have to wait 2s for a dodge when the thief +1's you, you're dead regardless of exhaustion. Assuming the thief knows what they're doing anyways.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Too strong, honestly.

I like OP's suggestion.

Ability to inflict Exhaustion is too unbalancedIf yu can actively force someone to run out of dodges, it would be too strong considering how often Thieves can interrupt someone.

Thieves are already extremely oppressive because of their quick burst damage and their extreme mobility, which is already alot to handle without them actively making people unable to continue dodging just because they landed a few lucky interrupts spamming Headshot or Choking Cloud.

There are better ways to implement OP's vision, and inflicting Exhaustion on Interrupt is absolutely not one of them.

And especially not for 2 whole seconds.

Imagine being in a teamfight in progress and Mr DD just comes round the corner and chucks a few Choking Clouds and suddenly yur entire team is unable to use their most basic defensive maneuver.

This will make it all to easy for the Thief's team to just continue chucking poke until yur team is forced off node or all.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Too strong, honestly.

I like OP's suggestion.

Ability to inflict Exhaustion is too unbalancedIf yu can actively force someone to run out of dodges, it would be too strong considering how often Thieves can interrupt someone.

Thieves are already extremely oppressive because of their quick burst damage and their extreme mobility, which is already alot to handle without them actively making people unable to continue dodging just because they landed a few lucky interrupts spamming Headshot or Choking Cloud.

There are better ways to implement OP's vision, and inflicting Exhaustion on Interrupt is absolutely not one of them.

Obviously it'd have an internal cooldown. Spamming vigor every 5 seconds, however....

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Obviously it'd have an internal cooldown. Spamming vigor every 5 seconds, however....

Tied to attacking a Weakened enemy. If yu actually land a hit.

Unless yu have a teammate that coughs Weakness 24/7 and that the enemy has no cleanses, this activates way less than often.The most common Weakness applications for DD are from Weakening Strikes which is tied to Dodge, Crippling Strike from Sword 2, and Weakening Charge from Staff and also Lotus for Condi builds.

Weakening Strikes is great for uptime but is tied to dodging. If yu are spamming Dodge as DD yur using up very valuable mitigation. (same with using Lotus because it is tied to Dodging)

Crippling Strike Sword 2 could see some problems with consistent use but then again, Sword builds already use Acrobatic which has alot of Vigor access already.

Who spams Weakening Charge for a Staff build?There are more useful stuff to weave into yur autos like Dust Strike over spamming Weakening Charge over and over.

Besides it could only be a small 2 stack of Might for 8 seconds and 2 seconds of Vigor which won't make it extremely strong.

• 2 weeks later...