Necromancer in Platinum / Legend

BadCat.7902

So is Anet going to address how severely under-powered a Necro is in PvP? Sure, the standard Core Necro Build is currently pretty good in Bronze / Gold but it is next to useless in Plat / Legend. It doesn't matter how many boons a Necro can corrupt, if an Engineer or a Rev can cleanse them with ease and replace them with boons.

Are we really essentially reduced to being a punching bag 'Bunkers' on points? What enjoyment am I to get out of such imbalance?

@WhiteDeath.8067 said:have you seen noscoc or vallun/naru tho?

Just had a look at their streams - was I supposed to see something I didn't mention in my post? They are very much bunkers / disruptors with little to no ability to fight alone against self sufficient classes like rev. Condi pokes and distruptions are well and good but maybe for once in life Necro should be balanced to do real damage in 1v1 scenario.

@KrHome.1920 said:What build do you play that you think you lack damage?

Think its more the old most high tier classes still having too much dmg mitigation,5min ago i watched sind showed how they zerg 1v3 and the target still gets away.

Like its almost funny how necro and thief actually dont do damage anymore.

As to OP,I have zero hope, since its rare they balance for high tier + they said they dont wanna work in animation changes. Just try to enjoy necro as it is.

@Flumek.9043 said:

Think its more the old most high tier classes still having too much dmg mitigation,5min ago i watched sind showed how they zerg 1v3 and the target still gets away.

As to OP,I have zero hope, since its rare they balance for high tier + they said they dont wanna work in animation changes. Just try to enjoy necro as it is.I just had one of these rare moments of trying to be constructive. =)

Necro has generally been a team fight guy - see nos abjured plays from s1-2 or even now if he plays w/ phanta or some FB. It was never too gr8 1v1 but once you get a guard/ele support you can kind of obliterate a team fight.

For solo q stuff, power reaper is really bursty but you gotta play the map (ie terrain stuff - jumps/worms/specwalk) to avoid some bursty counters) since reaper is still squishy. But 1v1 wise - you just gotta burst them down with lich forms and force their dodges/invulns (necro bunker out their CDs then lich burst; reaper burst out their defensive CDs then lich them). Beyond that, it's kinda hard unless you are just good and do 1v1 far every game memes like nos does or you have god jump puzzle skills (then you're prob a 1v1 god tbh, irregardless of class).

@Flumek.9043 said:

As to OP,I have zero hope, since its rare they balance for high tier + they said they dont wanna work in animation changes. Just try to enjoy necro as it is.

It would be fine if it was just dmg, but a lot of those classes have insane surviveability and boon generation to go with it. So yeah, very much agree this bs has gone on unchecked for 8 years...

@Cyninja.2954 said:Given how Anet approaches balance, if you complain about bunker and want buffs to damage, you are going to get nerfs to bunker and nothing else.

Be happy the class CAN work in platinum/legend and is strong in everything below. There is other classes not as blessed.

The only reason necro WORKS in plat and higher because EVERYONE ELSE got nerfed. The balance is so bad it is laughable.

I can run basically any other class in bunker mode and have the same results - your point is mute.

@BadCat.7902 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Given how Anet approaches balance, if you complain about bunker and want buffs to damage, you are going to get nerfs to bunker and nothing else.

Be happy the class CAN work in platinum/legend and is strong in everything below. There is other classes not as blessed.

The only reason necro WORKS in plat and higher because EVERYONE ELSE got nerfed. The balance is so bad it is laughable.

I can run basically any other class in bunker mode and have the same results - your point is mute.

Except most other classes are not run that way, are they? Does it matter why necromancer got into the state it is now? No.

Again, if you think that a class which is valid in platin/legend needs buffs, while there are classes which have no builds viable in those difficulties, you might be very surprised IF balance happens, and not in a good way.

@BadCat.7902 said:

What's the problem with that? Why have you convinced yourself that how the class got to a good place matters more than the place it's in?

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Except most other classes are not run that way, are they? Does it matter why necromancer got into the state it is now? No.

Again, if you think that a class which is valid in platin/legend needs buffs, while there are classes which have no builds viable in those difficulties, you might be very surprised IF balance happens, and not in a good way.

Ofc it does, it means they did not put any effort into balancing it.

As I said, I can run a viable bunker with EVERY class with the same result. And if one can do that, how do you justify having a bunker spec as something to be proud of lmao. Please read before you reply

@Obtena.7952 said:

What's the problem with that? Why have you convinced yourself that how the class got to a good place matters more than the place it's in?

I don't think you understand balance, hence why you are asking that question.

@BadCat.7902 said:

Maybe that's true ... or maybe there is another reason it was asked ... still, the question remains.

Why does it matter how you got there if the result is acceptable? If you understand balance so well, you should have no problem telling us why the path Anet got to giving Necros the current acceptable result is more important than the result itself.

@BadCat.7902 said:

Ofc it does, it means they did not put any effort into balancing it.

The amount of effort is actually irrelevant and you actually have no idea how much effort it took.

@BadCat.7902 said:

Better question is - What Necro build has any damage?

I run the only useful necro spec right now - core bunker, like everyone else. You under impression there's a damage build that's viable in high level pvp?Berserker signet reaper is better than bunker core in every single spect of the game and the best thing of it is that it's even more balanced too.

more damagemore cleavemore mobilityless durability (compensated by higher mobility)more balanced as it can easily be killed when you shut down its mobility and focus it 2v1

Only noobs or newbies that have limited knowlege about the necro class play bunker core.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Better question is - What Necro build has any damage?

I run the only useful necro spec right now - core bunker, like everyone else. You under impression there's a damage build that's viable in high level pvp?Berserker signet reaper is better than bunker core in every single spect of the game and the best thing of it is that it's even more balanced too.

more damagemore cleavemore mobilityless durability (compensated by higher mobility)more balanced as it can easily be killed when you shut down its mobility and focus it 2v1

Only noobs or newbies that have limited knowlege about the necro class play bunker core.

That's not true I was trying to play condi cause I love me some boon corrupt condi necro.

Love me some reaper hybrid too but whatever.

Have you considered that the meta changes and certain classes/builds fall out of favor? You might want to.

Maybe Necro only has a few viable builds in high tier PvP, maybe it has none. If you enjoy it, keep playing it. If your enjoyment is entirely based on the meta, play something else.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Given how Anet approaches balance, if you complain about bunker and want buffs to damage, you are going to get nerfs to bunker and nothing else.

Maybe that's true ... or maybe there is another reason it was asked ... still, the question remains.

Why does it matter how you got there if the result is acceptable?

It depends, if the factor 'time' is in the balancing equation.Then again, it's GW2, where we still have the same "mandatory" classes in raids, pretty much since raids were introduced ... I don't think so!