First Game as Necro

Backpackface.4928

Yea, the other team didn't have a necromancer so my team won because I did 38.4% dmg and 50% of the healing lol. All I did was click buttons and watch everything die, never play necro before, barely good at this game, 3v1 nbd. Get wrecked, so balanced lol.

Anyways necromancer gonna be my new class until they nerf for being way to OP.

All these people complaining are probably the gold/silver players.Necro is very easy and forgiving at those levels.I know because I’m at that level lol.

I’ve seen streamers like Naru/Noscoc/Vallun/Chaith show their high level plat/legendary games on various classes like daredevils, reaper, firebrands, holosmiths, weavers etc. and they all have a strong role to play when used well.

Try mashing buttons at their levels and see if you can still win ?

The issue with the numbers that you give they can very well belong to someone that didn't contribute much to the game. Dealing damage or healing is only a mean to an end, it is not the "absolute". This is the kind of number that someone do by mindlessly going mid to fight in a deadlock while there is these other guys in your team that turn around, capping and making point for your team yet not dealing much damage or heal.

Anyway, what's important is that you had some fun! Good for you!

Clearly either a troll post or someone who did unranked/silver with people who don't have much experience with PvP. The only time necro was OP in PvP was when Scourge came out, and for a year or 2 after that; it was a case of winning depending on which side had the most Scourges. Since then it has been nerfed to the ground to the point that personally I find core necro a better option.

A good player knows how to play against a necro and what to expect. You mashing buttons simply highlights your inexperience and your opponents' inexperience. If you mash your buttons against, say, another more experienced necro, you'd be dead in no time. On the other hand, if you observe that they are using a power build, you bait their lich form, corrupt their stability and fear them again before they get another stack of stability, then corrupt the new stability and fear them again and boom you have shut down what is currently one of the strongest burst dps in PvP a power necro has. And if you do this on a condi necro with Terrify traited, you get a lot of damage in from all that fear. But if you just throw out random skills, ye you're dead. Strategy is was really separates experienced PvPers from new PvPers. Know what you're build does and use its strength effectively. Having said all this, I am far from a good or even decent PvPer.

If you ever done any form of statistics, you would know that a single case is not statistically relevant :P

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:What a laugh. But good job dominating vs other Silver players. Let us know your end of season rank . Necros get dealt with swiftly higher up.

Don't worry necros are going to be nerfed soon.

WIth any bad luck, they will be back to where they were before the nerfs to powercreep dmg.(A easy free kill punching bag).

Necro is a very low skill floor high skill ceiling class. I'm not at all surprised if you did okay with it on your first time playing it. Like Warrior, you can mash buttons and stomp noobs because both classes have very strong skills with a lot of health or defenses to cushion them but become exponentially more difficult against better opponents. They both have extremely easy to read and often slow skills with very obvious counters. That's why in higher tiers a lot of hard kiting, skill stowing and baiting are necessary if you want to succeed in 1 v 1's or outnumbered fights.

You can do some pretty impressive things with Necro if you get good with it, but getting to that level is something only a very small minority ever achieve. Having high end game stats doesn't mean anything, despite your claim. I could just as easily go in to a match with an axe/axe Warrior and come out with a higher total score but wouldn't mean axe/axe Warrior is any less garbage.

@Backpackface.4928 said:I did 38.4% team dmg first game I ever play necro. Just made a necro then immediately go into game, don't know any skills just clicking buttons, 38.4% team damage somehow, lmao. Not over powered at all.

Wow, that's bad ... all my first games on every other class I did 39.4% team damage and 51% of the healing ... And I also don't have any proof to prove it!