Bug list of Revenant that makes the profession a mess. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Revenant

Bug list of Revenant that makes the profession a mess.

Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 20, 2020 in Revenant

Decided to create this list for the reminder of people playing or starting to play Revenant, you have those things to put yourself through until they are fixed. This is a repost of a post I have made in the past and have been completely ignored.

• Versed In Stone does not work with RotGD F2.
    Solution: Fix.

• Hammer 2 on Revenant is still dysfunctional mess after 6 months. Still has no sound and buggy behavior after the recent ground targeting patch.

• Solution: Make Hammer 2 alike with skills that can't be reflected but still count as range, such as Blunderbuss.

• Shortbow is a dysfunctional mess since PoF release. Only 1 4 5 are reliable.
    Solution: Make 2 hitboxes larger and 3 all seven arrows line redirected in a narrow projectile combined. 4 should also not required line of sight as it interrupts way too often for nothing.

• Most upkeep skills cannot be turned on/off while in the air. Ruining the profession flow, often getting it killed too.
    Solution: Allowing it.

• Can't Legend Swap in mid air. This is one of the worst bugs, killing a lot of potential. Can't swap while navigating, using hammer 3 or using Call to Anguish as well. Terrible, fix this asap.
    Solution: This never was a problem in the past, fix it.

• Facets able to reactivate while internal skills are on cooldown, locking players upkeep.

• Shield 4 gets blocked by enemy aegis even though it says unblockable and doesn't properly hit teammates.

• Soulcleave's Summit keeps draining energy even after leaving legend or being fully drained.

• Renegade Summons can't be taunted.
    Solution: Allow the taunt to actually do something.

• Some skills consume energy before being fully casted making stowing a costly action.
    Solution: Energy should be consumed at the point of no return with the skills.

• Unrelenting Assault is an inconsistent mess when the initial casted range is broken.
    Solution: Have the same range 450 units to initiate the skill but increase range that it can chase the target to the same as Soulbeast to 750 units. Avoiding bugs altogether, all skills alike can already chase targets that teleports which is a given.

• Inspiring Reinforcement can be avoided by merely jumping.
    Solution: It's a cascading attack and thus should hit no matter the state of the player.

Clownmug.8357

• Legend skills reset to default slots if your active legend is changed by switching build templates

• Icerazor's Ire prioritizes attacking inanimate objects– if placed next to a supply depot it will ignore camp npcs and attack the depot
    Solution: Fix priorities.

• Using the shrine jump pads in desert borderland with Kalla active causes energy generation to stop working
    Solution: Fix the valid path issue with summons.

ArthurDent.9538

• Phase Traversal consumes energy even without a valid path.
    Solution: Add a path check.

• Deathstrike is used even without a valid path.
    Solution: Add a path check.

Aigleborgne.2981

• Ancient Echo unavailable underwater.
    Solution: Make it available.

Feel free to post more bugs, I can't seem to remember anything else at the moment. I'll update OP as it goes quoting those who aren't already mentioned, assuming if there's anymore to know about those bugs you can ask those people specifically.

Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

Comments

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

Good list. Are you saying Pulsating Pestilence only transfers condis to one target? I haven't been playing condi Rev much at all since the patch, but if so...yikes.

Your Unrelenting Assault change is what I have also been saying they need to change it to for a while. It's gotta be in the top 5 buggiest skills in the game. Feels like the skill fails completely more often than actually succeeding.

Legend swap being restricted while mid-air feels terrible. Cannot agree with you more.

The only situation off the top of the head that I sometimes like consuming energy immediately is RotGD. It is really nice to be able to swap legends immediately after beginning the skill cast. With that said, it is a stunbreak so would probably need to maintain its current interaction with energy.

• Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

You had the right ideas then.

Considerably, since the inner stunbreak of the skill can't be cancelled and occurs right away. Energy should still be consumed, this is how I see the energy consumption as it could drastically also make Revenants less weak to CC because stowing wouldn't be as punishing, so it's still a mixed bag. Right now it's fine but it should be kept in mind.

Like for example Unrelenting Assault can be cancelled but still consumes energy and when you cancel skills like that it still takes 4 seconds before being able to use again so there's definitely a bigger trade off on Revenant than there is on any other classes for weapon stowing.

Yes I have been killed too many times now by merely jumping with the inability to interact with my skills.

Are you saying Pulsating Pestilence only transfers condis to one target? I haven't been playing condi Rev much at all since the patch, but if so...yikes.

It's complicated, it only removes 2 conditions from self and transfers 2 of those selected conditions around 5 targets, unlike where as hitting more targets meant more conditions removed from self. When I was playing Condition Revenant in 2v2 I felt extremely underpowered since the patch and during my counter pressure and that was the reason why, it makes Mallyx Facet even more stronger because that one still behaves by tossing conditions all over people in a 600 radius. This makes core only viable in 1v1's mostly when it comes to condition pressure and even then if you fight a Mesmer or Necromancer with minions, you keep most of the conditions regardless while only losing 2. This is bad for Condition Revenant as I often find myself with nearly all conditions in the game everytime, I can't punish spam like before.

• Unrelenting Assault bugs out not just due to range but also if you lose quickness or slow during the cast. At least that’s how it used to be and it was possible to reliably bug the skill by casting it right before you lost one of those two, so the solution is not necessarily a simple fix to the range issue but more just a fix to how it attaches in general because there are weird interactions currently in several scenarios

Does Soulbeast have those problems have all? Sometimes it's understandable because of the no valid path and stuff, but most of the time it doesn't seem to be an issue for the pet or ranger at all.

• @Shao.7236 said:
    Does Soulbeast have those problems have all? Sometimes it's understandable because of the no valid path and stuff, but most of the time it doesn't seem to be an issue for the pet or ranger at all.

Soulbeast doesn’t have those issues because it has no cast time for quickness or slow to mess it up. Plus might be coded differently even though it uses the same animation

• Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

@Shao.7236 said:

Are you saying Pulsating Pestilence only transfers condis to one target? I haven't been playing condi Rev much at all since the patch, but if so...yikes.

It's complicated, it only removes 2 conditions from self and transfers 2 of those selected conditions around 5 targets, unlike where as hitting more targets meant more conditions removed from self.

I don't think it ever worked that way and would be a little op if it did.

• Terra.9506Terra.9506 Member ✭✭

Unrelenting Assault is so buggy specialize when using with target close to the wall which make this skill cancel itself or the worst pushing user into the wall.

• DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'll add to the list. This might not be a bug but bothers me since HoT.

• Unable to use Vengeful Hammers during Phase Smash cast, just at the end.
    • Temporal Rift sometimes appears underground when casted before or from elevation.
    • Spiritcrush can't be casted from behind or side - I think it should be an option.
    • Bloodbane Path well, this skill barely strikes 1 hit in PvP.
    • Unrelenting Assault is a joke compared to Ranger's pet skill

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

It's complicated, it only removes 2 conditions from self and transfers 2 of those selected conditions around 5 targets, unlike where as hitting more targets meant more conditions removed from self.

Looking back it seems like it worked like that but even then by your own very statement that means Mallyx Facet is OP because it does exactly that in a unblockable non evadable 600 radius. I was fairly certain it worked like that though because there was times I had a lot of conditions and would get rid of all them in a flash by legend swapping in the middle of a teamfight.

@DonArkanio.6419
    Vengeful Hammers is due to being in midair, you can't legend swap in phase smash because it's considered midair.
    Temporal Rift is pretty RNG I agree, sometimes I'm able to make it climb, sometimes I can't, jumping helps a lot though.
    Yeah the bows were mentioned, though even when CC'd sometimes it still misses too. For 4 I'm pretty sure it's intentional.
    Totally agree.

• Aigleborgne.2981Aigleborgne.2981 Member ✭✭✭

Ancient Echo not available underwater.
    Yeah who cares about underwater? I do, even if it is less important than other bugs.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:
    Ancient Echo not available underwater.
    Yeah who cares about underwater? I do, even if it is less important than other bugs.

I never played Core Revenant underwater which is either WvW or PvE, so I wasn't really aware of that. This is why I made this thread, so we can know about it.

edited April 1, 2020

@Shao.7236 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

Looking back it seems like it worked like that but even then by your own very statement that means Mallyx Facet is OP because it does exactly that in a unblockable non evadable 600 radius. I was fairly certain it worked like that though because there was times I had a lot of conditions and would get rid of all them in a flash by legend swapping in the middle of a teamfight.

Well I wish it had worked like that way for me all the times I struggled to fight condi mirages. :/

Anyways, here are some more bugs for the topic:

• Legend skills reset to default slots if your active legend is changed by switching build templates
    • Icerazor's Ire prioritizes attacking inanimate objects– if placed next to a supply depot it will ignore camp npcs and attack the depot
    • Using the shrine jump pads in desert borderland with Kalla active causes energy generation to stop working
  • alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

I wonder which is worse, devs knowing all these and not fixing them or devs not knowing these and still being responsible from the balance/game.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2020

Visual bug: Mace 2 has CoR effect visuals.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ventari-bubble continues to drain energy if the tablet vanishes.

Dont remember correctly in which ways ,but probably something with water too

• kroof.5468kroof.5468 Member ✭✭

**SHORT BOW 4 CANNOT BE USED FROM THE SIDES OR BEHIND... every other ground targeted aoe can - even the 3rd skill!! **

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2020

Using an passice facet ,while getting stunned, being stunned or changing legends make its Passive be normal ,but the active be on cooldown.
    So we have to wait the cooldown and waste energy until we can end the passive buffing

Not long and we can count the revenant as an selectable/playable bug, instead of a profession.

• Kravey.4563Kravey.4563 Member ✭✭

I hate situation when I cast Shiro's elite skill, I swap legend and I end up with 0 energy on new legend...

@Kravey.4563 said:
    I hate situation when I cast Shiro's elite skill, I swap legend and I end up with 0 energy on new legend...

I'm pretty sure that's intentional, gotta be careful with it.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

The difference comes from the fact that it used to copy the conditions but with the transfer you no longer have the draw back of them still being on you so it makes sense that its only one target. Is basically a more controlled way of eventually epidemic being useful again but not allowing both epidemic and the mallyx condition pulling to the rev multiply the conditions being sent back multiplying by 10 for each 10 seconds of epidemic/copying. The old method for the longest time was great way to reach the damage cap of conditions in wvw by 200k damage per damaging condition per second. So it was great trolling but also a well kept secret that it also was a great way to farm precursors so what some viewed as stupidity from zerg diving into people I called it free gold :)

• Kravey.4563Kravey.4563 Member ✭✭

@Shao.7236 said:

@Kravey.4563 said:

I'm pretty sure that's intentional, gotta be careful with it.

I know it is, that's why I'm complaining about clunky energy system

@Klypto.1703 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

The difference comes from the fact that it used to copy the conditions but with the transfer you no longer have the draw back of them still being on you so it makes sense that its only one target. Is basically a more controlled way of eventually epidemic being useful again but not allowing both epidemic and the mallyx condition pulling to the rev multiply the conditions being sent back multiplying by 10 for each 10 seconds of epidemic/copying. The old method for the longest time was great way to reach the damage cap of conditions in wvw by 200k damage per damaging condition per second. So it was great trolling but also a well kept secret that it also was a great way to farm precursors so what some viewed as stupidity from zerg diving into people I called it free gold :)

You're thinking of the pre-2018 version, all versions have been multi-target though. What I think Shao was saying is that it used to transfer 3 conditions per target hit, but from my experience it always seemed to remove only 3 conditions, then copy those 3 to nearby targets.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

You're thinking of the pre-2018 version, all versions have been multi-target though. What I think Shao was saying is that it used to transfer 3 conditions per target hit, but from my experience it always seemed to remove only 3 conditions, then copy those 3 to nearby targets.

Nah, after looking back. It was often Escape, Cleansing Channel and Pulsating Pestilence together which gave me those massive cleanses.

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

@Shao.7236 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

Nah, after looking back. It was often Escape, Cleansing Channel and Pulsating Pestilence together which gave me those massive cleanses.

Pulsating actually said "copied" in the description iirc

Also great thread!

I really like that it's all just bugs etc without involving any balance issues.

I would like to add casttime skills and legend swapping as an issue. Where the energy is drained after the swap (very noticeable on citadel bombardment).

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

edited April 2, 2020

@lodjur.1284 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

Also great thread!

I would like to add casttime skills and legend swapping as an issue. Where the energy is drained after the swap (very noticeable on citadel bombardment).

That copied was pretty much a tooltip mistake since transfer was it's new function, it's too late to test any of that now anyway. What led me to be confused is the 5 target max.

I still think that skills using energy of another legend on swap is intentional due to the interrupt factor. Having to pick from instant loss energy or not for skills that are costly. I honestly prefer Jade Winds for example to take energy when the skill ends rather than not. Even if it means to miss it on a blind that could have been removed from a swap.

@Shao.7236 said:

@lodjur.1284 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

Also great thread!

That copied was pretty much a tooltip mistake since transfer was it's new function, it's too late to test any of that now anyway. What led me to be confused is the 5 target max.

I thin that they were going for was, you remove 3 condis from yourself, and put copies of those 3 condis on up to 5 other players, imo the tooltip was extremely bad (new one has the same, but with 2 condis).

Which is how the other rev transfers work, true nature Demon and the new permeating pestilence

They should probably clarify that on the tooltip somehow though.

I still think that skills using energy of another legend on swap is intentional due to the interrupt factor. Having to pick from instant loss energy or not for skills that are costly. I honestly prefer Jade Winds for example to take energy when the skill ends rather than not. Even if it means to miss it on a blind that could have been removed from a swap.

Personal preference would be

Remove every when skill starts
    Refund if interrupted (for any reason including weapon stow)(and if still on same legend only obviously)

Or they could just make citadel bombardment instant (or like 1/4 sec) as it's imo the only skill where this is a "major" issue

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

@lodjur.1284

I'm all for casting Bombardment faster because it's; RNG projectiles, slow, spreaded, extremely telegraphed.

Refund part sounds a bit OP though.

@Shao.7236 said:
    @lodjur.1284

I'm all for casting Bombardment faster because it's; RNG projectiles, slow, spreaded, extremely telegraphed.

Refund part sounds a bit OP though.

Well I mean it's essentially like now, only plays nicer with legend swap mid cast. Also means that you can't self interrupt them with upkeep skills.

You wouldn't be able to actually net any energy.

Like say you cast bombardment, it costs 30 energy.

Currently, finishing the cast
    You start the cast, no energy has been used
    You finish it, the energy is spent

Currently, interrupting it
    You start the cast, no energy has been used
    You interrupt it, no energy has been used

With my suggestion, finishing the cast
    You start the cast, energy is used, can safely stance swap
    You finish it, you get no refund

With my suggestion, interrupting it
    You start the cast, energy is used,
    You interrupt it, you get the 30 energy you spent back (unless you stance swapped in such case you obviously get nothing)

• BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2020

Legendary skill icons do not display properly in the skill bar - Facet of Elements currently for me shows the icon for Facet of Strength (and vice versa), and when I activate it, it doesn't switch to the icon for active skill. Furthermore when I just tried to turn off Impossible Odds I got the error - "you need to have an enemy targeted"....because it switched skills and skill icons around.
    Yeah, Revenant is not in a good state....

• zaswer.5246zaswer.5246 Member ✭✭

For bombardment maybe it would be better if the core skill was a lone bomb ,maybe even a bit smaller area and when traited then it gets more bombs or in a bigger area , dunno an idea to get rid of the rng because i dont think there are more clases with a rng area skill like us, id even understand uf the dmg were lowered a bit to compensate having a not rng skill( at least it would be a sure dmg skill)

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2020

Unrelenting Assault needs to be made instant like SlB Smoke Assault.
    It's always the long windup which makes it cancel itself or disrupt itself when targets move to different elevations.

It makes no sense why Revenant's trademark skill which was featured in HoT trailer as well as used by poster boy Rythlock would bug consistently and always fail to achieve its full potential.

It could also use a slight range increase as well to make the casting smoother.

Imo it should be made 500 Range and instant cast.
    This should fix a majority of the problems it has with target cast and tracking.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

edited April 3, 2020

@Yasai.3549 said:
    Unrelenting Assault needs to be made instant like SlB Smoke Assault.
    It's always the long windup which makes it cancel itself or disrupt itself when targets move to different elevations.

It makes no sense why Revenant's trademark skill which was featured in HoT trailer as well as used by poster boy Rythlock would bug consistently and always fail to achieve its full potential.

It could also use a slight range increase as well to make the casting smoother.

Imo it should be made 500 Range and instant cast.
    This should fix a majority of the problems it has with target cast and tracking.

People are going to whine about it being too OP because no counter play, I'm already being told that Revenant is still OP as core anyway despite all the stupid bugs.

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2020

@Shao.7236 said:

People are going to whine about it being too OP because no counter play, I'm already being told that Revenant is still OP as core anyway despite all the stupid bugs.

Any half decent player knows Revenant's weakness and how to force them onto the defensive, which is very bad for Revenant since their weapon skills and utilities all share the same resource bar. (which is made worse now that alot of Weaponskills now has significantly long cooldowns)

Problem is alot of poorly skilled players are extremely vocal about whatever manages to best them and only want to see it die.
    Herald was pretty strong, but it wasn't because of Revenant, it was stupid Offhand sword.

Revenant already being a profession with double limitation to offset their strength was made even harder to play because people kept calling for nerfs to the point where the effects of these nerfs are outright crippling Revenant's gameplay.

At least we still have PvE right? pfft.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• Lonewolf Kai.3682Lonewolf Kai.3682 Member ✭✭✭✭

I’m not so sure some of those are actual bugs.

“Be like water”-Bruce Lee

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

Another big one that I reported a long time ago and forgot about till recently is how structure type bosses like Tequatl and Conjured Amalgamate are completely immune to impossible odds damage, if you try hitting them with impossible odds running you will see the an obstructed message spammed regardless of where you stand which is impossible odds being obstructed by who knows what, and it just does no damage.

• Sometimes if you have facets active as Herald on land, and then enter water, it will keep the facets active, but no boons will be pulsed out until you reset them. (Use the abilities, wait for recharge, reactivate) This also happens when leaving water and stepping onto solid ground. It's a pain.

• Glad I'm not the only one who finds this class frustrating. It has great ideas but shoddy execution -- I love the idea that your strength comes from channeling powerful spirits, but it doesn't mesh well with the lengthy cooldowns and borked casting times for everything other than the auto-attack. Perhaps it would completely unbalance the class, but I think the energy should work more like the Thief's initiative -- you start with X amount and every ability causes that number to tick down and can't be replenished outside of swapping to a new legend. This would play into the bursty nature of the class but make it more vulnerable if you blow all your energy immediately. Of course, this would require a complete overhaul of the mechanics and is therefore a pipe dream. I just hate seeing its potential so utterly wasted. >_<

• Chungo.3169Chungo.3169 Member ✭✭

I found another bug in Ventari's elite ability, if you jump or are in the air while the board is cast it disappears but does not push / cc, does not clean condis and also does not drop the healing shards.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1. Unrelenting assault: Well for starters it says you evade or well its always counted as evade when using it, and strike enemies. Then why in the heck can we be stunned and CC'd out of it? I've been Cc'd out of it by Spell-breakers will full counter but this NEVER HAPPENS to my soul-beast companions when using their smokescale skill. Also you can still get stuck in walls which has been an issue ever since the class launched in HoT. Also in WvW the Skill will target Flag poles, sometimes other objects which I have always found strange and I've never understood why it feels like the actually animation prior to using it feels like it takes literally forever to fire off. You allow ranger to have an Instant cast version of the EXACT SAME SKILL we have, and it hits harder with the same gear and has less issues? Can we have that version please? Would be nice.
    2. CoR Still doesn't hit anything, at least I've never seen it hit anything really and the few times I have it hits like a noodle.. Working as intended I suppose.
    3. Staff 5 as a whole is a mess, I know its not a bug but what you've done to it is unforgivable. Fix it.
    4. Sometimes I notice Glints Facets get "Stuck" and when I say stuck, I mean I fire them off and they continue to take energy from me and I get locked in the animation of firing them (Specifically with the Elite skill.) And when I swap back to another legend, sometimes rarely it acts like the facets are still present.
    5. As listed above Build templates no like Rev.
    6. CC breaks failing to break CC's, This is a big issue considering you ripped Empty vessel out of us without compensation of any kind. I use my CC break and oh look, it didn't fire once so ever either because for some reason it has the same spinny wheel my other skills get when cc'd or because it simply.wont.fire. FIX.THIS.NOW!
    7. Do I even really need to discuss shortbow.... this whole weapon is a bug... at least it feels like it most of the time...
    8. Phase Traversal: Now this is an odd one, it fires off whether you can see the target but fails to take you to it. It also has pathing issues on elevations it seems like or at the very least specific areas. ( an example is the little path leading to fire-keep from the north of it on the little hill, for some reason trying to use it when they are just beneath you a lot of the time seems to prevent its use. I don't know. Might just be a me thing.)
    9. Death-strike can be fired without a target, why? Is this a bug? Seems like a bug. Its a teleport that only takes you to the target? Why can it... forget it....
    10. Swapping legends and ending up with your upper body locked in place, this happens when dismounting or swapping quickly in the flow of combat. Your upper body funnily moves side to side but your animations are locked. There is also the bug that if Unrelenting assault is interrupted you have the chance to become a mist man, and simply be mist as you get smacked into the dirt... as mist man. (Someone please make a song about mist man? Please? I need this...)