Can we please have this?

StickerHappy.8052

@Chrury.4627 said:Snow Leopard is dps (cat family). Ice Drake, Alpine Wolf, and Siamoth have CC. Blue Moa has Protection. Bear is a tank.Sure, they aren't min-maxed perfect. But for a stout build, I wouldn't have a problem with these choices.Can you elaborate on what you see as a problem?

Oh sorry. This is in pvp. None of those pets are worth it in pvp. Siamoth's F2 is too clunky to use. Cats in general melt, Alpine Wolf's f2 is just horrid.

@Lome.8239 said:

@StickerHappy.8052 said:A Non-useless Stout pet outside of Beastmode?

This is such a limiting factor into making builds.

Alpine Wolf is already the answer to this.

As I've said above, it's f2 is useless in pvp. None of those pets were ever used in PvP. See the main point is, you would be gimping yourself running those pets

Oh, pvp.If they ever update porcine's F2 skills to be not clunky, that would probably be the pet to go to.For now though, we have to work with a trade-off.What sort of build are you running? Would Blue Moa's protection synergize? Otherwise, I'd still say taking one of the CC pet options. Even if you don't use their F2 often (cover condition?), knockdowns both in and out of Beastmode can turn the tide of battle.

I'll admit, it's not a perfect solution tho.

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

@Lome.8239 said:

As I've said above, it's f2 is useless in pvp. None of those pets were ever used in PvP. See the main point is, you would be gimping yourself running those pets

Well with such harsh logic, one could also argue that you are gimping yourself by running Soulbeast. :-D

Hopefully they change Gazelle to stout for you.

@Lome.8239 said:

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

@Lome.8239 said:

Well with such harsh logic, one could also argue that you are gimping yourself by running Soulbeast. :-D

Hopefully they change Gazelle to stout for you.

I think the only reason people use gazelle because its bugged. Dude, you can change electric wyvern into Stout and It will be more useful than any pet in that category. First stout pet's F2s are all awful in pvp, second they can't hit moving targets.

Reason I moved Electric wyvern because making it versatile pet makes it locked into just CC, F2 is a cc, third skill is a CC, BM skill is a CC then the F3 would be a CC also.

Another thing you forget is that how many stout pets do we have compared to other families?

@Chrury.4627 said:Oh, pvp.If they ever update porcine's F2 skills to be not clunky, that would probably be the pet to go to.For now though, we have to work with a trade-off.What sort of build are you running? Would Blue Moa's protection synergize? Otherwise, I'd still say taking one of the CC pet options. Even if you don't use their F2 often (cover condition?), knockdowns both in and out of Beastmode can turn the tide of battle.

I'll admit, it's not a perfect solution tho.

Well we can do that, but here is the problem then, so you don't use the f2, and the pet can't hit moving targets, so you are basically using the pet's CC in Beastmode which is locked by double cds (beastmode and the skill itself)

@StickerHappy.8052 said:I think the only reason people use gazelle because its bugged. Dude, you can change electric wyvern into Stout and It will be more useful than any pet in that category. First stout pet's F2s are all awful in pvp, second they can't hit moving targets.

Not sure about PvP but in WvW i use it because its good and the mobility when merged is SO useful. From my experience, its only bugged when fighting against downed players. That is an easy, easy fix. I just hope they dont do what Anet does best - Over react and over nerf. It just needs that to be fixed and boom. Its fine. While they are at it, they could make it so that its good against people that move as it rarely hits a moving target :/

@StickerHappy.8052 said:Well we can do that, but here is the problem then, so you don't use the f2, and the pet can't hit moving targets, so you are basically using the pet's CC in Beastmode which is locked by double cds (beastmode and the skill itself)

While I haven't had too much trouble with pet attacks landing (Canine leap knockdown works great), that's partially why I suggested Blue Moa and asked how your build was set up. Just not worrying about damage and going full utility.Blue Moa has Prot on pet F2, a minor heal on SB F1, and minor vuln on SB F2. It's not a damage dealer but it is decently tanky unmerged.

Archived