Firebrand in Fractals

SrebX.6498

Obviously the build should be slightly different in Fractals than the Raid build [qT] posted, and I've yet to see any satisfactory conversion ...Can anyone help me figure out a build and generally talk about how Firebrand plays out in Fractals?I'm really struggling figuring out which Class do I want to take as a PvE main and I think Firebrand is the front runner right now :3 I mainly do T4+CM Fractals for PvE content, I raid once in a while too but not that often

@SrebX.6498 said:Obviously the build should be slightly different in Fractals than the Raid build [qT] posted, and I've yet to see any satisfactory conversion ...Can anyone help me figure out a build and generally talk about how Firebrand plays out in Fractals?I'm really struggling figuring out which Class do I want to take as a PvE main and I think Firebrand is the front runner right now :3 I mainly do T4+CM Fractals for PvE content, I raid once in a while too but not that often

In your eyes, what is lacking in qT's build that requires a unique conversion from Raids to Fractals?

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@SrebX.6498 said:Obviously the build should be slightly different in Fractals than the Raid build [qT] posted, and I've yet to see any satisfactory conversion ...Can anyone help me figure out a build and generally talk about how Firebrand plays out in Fractals?I'm really struggling figuring out which Class do I want to take as a PvE main and I think Firebrand is the front runner right now :3 I mainly do T4+CM Fractals for PvE content, I raid once in a while too but not that often

In your eyes, what is lacking in qT's build that requires a unique conversion from Raids to Fractals?

Which build is this?

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

In your eyes, what is lacking in qT's build that requires a unique conversion from Raids to Fractals?Mainly taking into account 'Renewed Justice' procs, and maybe slightly more AoE than what Mantras would provide

As for the "What build?" Question; There's only 1 build. Yes, it has 3 gear variants, but it's practically the same

@SrebX.6498 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

In your eyes, what is lacking in qT's build that requires a unique conversion from Raids to Fractals?Mainly taking into account 'Renewed Justice' procs, and maybe slightly more AoE than what Mantras would provide

As for the "What build?" Question; There's only 1 build. Yes, it has 3 gear variants, but it's practically the same

Using qT's rotation, your main damage source, AOE or otherwise, is from Tome of Justice. So whenever Renewed Justice procs, prioritize switching back into Tome. Hope this answered your question.

I'm using the viper variant on T4 and I'm liking it (RIP gold to build up). Sadly, there is no easy way to acquire a Grieving set now. Even after they add the insignias/inscriptions, the trinkets will be hard to obtain still. Does anyone knows how much DPS is lost compared to Grieving?

I just need to learn to use the tome of justice more often and drop it before killing something. What is strange is that some foes doesn't reset the tome of justice on kill (from radiance).

I got too bored with DH, but I still have a power set with infusions if I want to swap at least. But I believe that FB has more DPS than DH.

@Mikau.6920 said:What is strange is that some foes doesn't reset the tome of justice on kill (from radiance).That's not a new phenomenon, also happened to base virtues and DH ones. Haven't tested it in a while, but it's probably still enemies which don't grant experience on kill that also won't trigger the reset. That was a pain in the old (unliving) story instances ...

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on Seraphs gear? I am saving up for full Seraphs(Precision,Condi,Healing,BoonDur) for a more support oriented Guardian/Firebrand. I am thinking axe torch main, with either Staff, or Mace alt. This is, assuming people like healers/supports that still deal decent damage in Fractals. Using Radiance, Virtues and the bottom line of Firebrand.

• 2 weeks later...

@HardRider.2980 said:

@EKAN.4051 said:But still, the the GS-DH meta outdmg the FB easy. Hard to get high lvl Fracts with FB.

As someone not use to FB and wanting to look into it.. why is FB hard to use in top end fractals.? Surely it looks to have damage, so just change a few ults and it should be good no?

I've been doing it fine. It's not harder to use. It has more support, group Aegis, Quickness, Heals when needed, and blocks as usual. I feel way more useful as Firebrand. I only miss the Breakbar Damage of Dragonhunter.

Also Firebrand does more DPS, and Fractal guilds look at Firebrand basically replacing Dragonhunter.

http://discretize.eu/#classes/guardian

I also run Axe/Shield together with Sc/T.Since you pretty much camp Scepter for DPS anyway, you can just Swap to Axe/Shield for Breakbars after using the Scepter Immob, going Axe Pull, Shield Push, Axe Symbol into Tome of Justice rotation (use the Pull there only if really struggling to break) and then back to Scepter.DPS loss from bringing the Shield is very minor that way, and the projectile defense of shield helps with various mechanics in fractals as well.

I think that combination actually is above average breakbar contribution.

Generally the only times I'm not top DPS in T4's as Firebrand is when I colossally mess something up, get a bad team that is struggling and I'm juggling all Tomes to prevent us from wiping or a really good Weaver on a large hitbox.That and that damn burn immune Effigy (why is that still a thing?).

Archived