In retrospect, Daredevil staff animations just don’t work.

Scarecrows.3602

I’ve kept silent about this for ages because it really wasn’t that big of a deal but it just kind of bugs me that daredevils hold and swing their staff with the Hammer/Greatsword rigging. Would it not have been far more stylish (and more in keeping with the idea of a melee staff) to have it passively held in the same manner as a casting staff? (And with that sexy twirl animation, to boot.)One would think that a slick martial-artist class would wield their staff more like a staff than a sledgehammer. It might even distract from the hideous splayed-out heads the artists seem to love slapping on their staves.I dunno what I’m really expecting from this thread, but am I the only one who think this? Or do other people agree?

Same with Rifle running animation. Instead of looking like a sharpshooter shifting around we look like we're charging with bayonets. It's frustrating because both staff and rifle have a few really good animations and the whole set should be fleshed out, especially it's default look that we see a lot.

@kash.9213 said:Same with Rifle running animation. Instead of looking like a sharpshooter shifting around we look like we're charging with bayonets. It's frustrating because both staff and rifle have a few really good animations and the whole set should be fleshed out, especially it's default look that we see a lot.

Try char. When you run with the rifle, you just lumber around with it in one hand like a sword.

• 1 month later...

Staff and also the Bound dodge both wind me up so much I can't use them. Bound because there's always that little stutter on land, and the sound effect is out of sync with the animation. Staff because all the animations look flat-out daft, including the idle-in-combat hold animation, just awful.

I too wonder about the vast difference of effort put into different classes/weapons/specs - some seem to get a "copy, paste, shove it in and call it done" others get lovingly crafted from scratch with pizazz and artistry. This kind of lack of consistency in a product suggests an unprofessional setup and the lack of a suitably qualified quality control and testing team. Very sad to see tbh.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@kash.9213 said:Same with Rifle running animation. Instead of looking like a sharpshooter shifting around we look like we're charging with bayonets. It's frustrating because both staff and rifle have a few really good animations and the whole set should be fleshed out, especially it's default look that we see a lot.

Try char. When you run with the rifle, you just lumber around with it in one hand like a sword.

Yeah and it's terrible. I really wish that the default running w/idle rifle animation was the same as when you are getting up from a Kneel. Like when you end kneel, and immediately run, the rifle is still in both hands, pointed down and to the left. Similar to how Soldier 76 holds his future-pulse-laser-blaster-majigger when he sprints.

And for the Staff - since the running animation is the same as a Hammer, it looks like our agile acrobatic weapon weighs 200lbs.

Archived