Returning Player - Profession help

Aezryn.1462

Hey there, I'm a returning player after quiet a while (early PoF). There seem to be a lot of adjustments since I've last played so I need help picking a profession I'll have fun with.

Mainly between Revenant and Mesmer (maybe Ele). I play a lot of solo or with my ele friend. Mostly PVE, especially high level fractals, some raids and open world stuff. I like to build more supportively than straight damage.

I played rev when it first came out and I love the thematics but found it lacking in viability as support role and it had fairly poor build diversity, with the class overall being fun but felt underperforming. I eventually decided to switch to chronomancer after a while which was really fun and I loved the tanky support playstyle and tried mirage which was an enjoyable fast paced playstyle to off-spec.

I'm considering giving rev a try again since it seems a lot has changed but still concerned with it's support viability or build diversity. Otherwise is Mesmer/chronomancer still a good choice for the fun magic style tanking support?

Revenant (renegade) has take the chronomancer spot for alacrity in fractals runs, and it can be played power boon support or, in some rare occasions, healer boon support.About ele, you can play it as power dps (mostly weavers, some tempest) and condi dps weaver: those two are the meta builds. In some rare occasions you can find a healer tempest, mostly because it can keep perma 25 stack of might and fury, but it's not a meta build (if you play it correctly it works fine).For mesmer I don't really know the class, I know chronomancer was nerfed badly and I think now mesmer fit a spot in dps role, but I don't know it really well.

Rev is full of bugs; half of its weapons are useless and the plantiff/templates doesn't work with this class because they ramdomly reset the order of your utility skills when you jump from map to map, between game modes and sometimes even jumping from a mount or being traped in a crystal prison, etc.