I think balance changes are needed

cobbah.3102

Enough is enough ANET take WvW back to when skill was the meta and not this ridiculous crap you now have with Condi ,balance it at least easy to see no Devs play WvW these days ,sick of getting downed before you can even get a shot off . Wind the clock back and bring back the fun.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WvW gameplay is flooded from boon and condi spam, they "lost "tracking of the spam this game is, just to think what will the next elite traits overflow.... maybe more of the same boons and conditions...

and 2 expantions ahead... more condis and boon spam... and way more power creep to make players wan to play those new gimmicks...

For a company that calls "inovative" as their moto(only for fake marketing, its like watch fake news....) ANet is pretty much in first place LAME than anything to do with inovations.....

@Aeolus.3615 said:WvW gameplay is flooded from boon and condi spam, they "lost "tracking of the spam this game is, just to think what will the next elite traits overflow.... maybe more of the same boons and conditions...

and 2 expantions ahead... more condis and boon spam... and way more power creep to make players wan to play those new gimmicks...

For a company that calls "inovative" as their moto(only for fake marketing, its like watch fake news....) ANet is pretty much in first place LAME than anything to do with inovations.....

Well ANet did innovated casual and skill-less gameplay. So that all people have to do is grab most overpowered spec, and just win. ANet did pretty much remove the huge gear grind gates other MMORPGs had. ANet also innovated and pushed unfair and not fun combat, on it's playerbase without a P2W shop. So all and all ANet did put some innovative gameplay in GW2. It was just the wrong version of innovation.

It's not just condi and boom spam, it's spamming in general. The worst case here is spamming powerful skills with zero to little cool-downs.Here is reality check: the game is 5 years old.... it should be a wake up call to everyone that Anet has no intention of making Pvp+wvw competitive and fun.

Hard truth: Anet will continue making us believe that they care...

what has "balance" patches resulted in?

" Lies Are A Temporary Solution To A Permanent Problem "

Spam gameplay happens in every mode. The entire Raid system and old dungeoun runs (lets do it faster) evolves towards people being told to use the same build and the same rotations over and over again in order to maximize damage out and make the "run" as fast as possible. In WvW this is made yet more manifest as AI will not be bothered by being at the other end of this stuff .

The major culprit here is the prevalence of AOE attacks IMO. These need no targets and can hit at a high range meaning things like dodge, block, stealth and the like have minimal impact towards mitigation. Added to that as they can overlap one small group spamming these types of skills can force much larger groups to pull back or get downed. It simple mathematics. If in a 1v1 a person can use AOE to do damage to an opponent then that AOE has to generate enough damage to overwhelm an opponets other defenses. That damage output does not DROP if 5 people taking the hit and goes up exponentially with multiple sources of the AOE. This very different then focusing down a single target as the AOE not only does not need a target, and thus can focus groups , but it acts as a means by which the targets ability to act in turn is compromised in that unless they at range using range weapons they can not inflict damage in turn as closing to melee range gets them killed.

While many things needed to bring some semblance of sanity back to gameplay , I think the first step is to look at AOE as a whole and especially the types with long ranges and persisting fields. The damage these things do against large groups has to be scaled back and perhaps some means of limiting the number of these that can be stacked in one given area. This would have little to no minimal impact at 1v1 gameplay .

It my opinion that the prevalence and impact of AOE in WvW is systemic. It not a one off skill that might be OP on a given class. I think if that reined in then it becomes a much easier task to identify other issues and address them on a one by one basis.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:WvW gameplay is flooded from boon and condi spam, they "lost "tracking of the spam this game is, just to think what will the next elite traits overflow.... maybe more of the same boons and conditions...

Well ANet did innovated casual and skill-less gameplay. So that all people have to do is grab most overpowered spec, and just win. ANet did pretty much remove the huge gear grind gates other MMORPGs had. ANet also innovated and pushed unfair and not fun combat, on it's playerbase without a P2W shop. So all and all ANet did put some innovative gameplay in GW2. It was just the wrong version of innovation.

That might not be the right defenition of inovation, maybe its another placebo.

I bet they wanted a game were they didnt had to spend time working on fixes, players should love to be carried, and dont complain about balance, IMO this is what they tried...

Remmember when ANet talked about fun stuff would ment broken s*** damage «, llike the golems aoe 1hit kill.... that is the defenition of fun...for them.

@Burnfall.9573 said:It's not just condi and boom spam, it's spamming in general. The worst case here is spamming powerful skills with zero to little cool-downs.Here is reality check: the game is 5 years old.... it should be a wake up call to everyone that Anet has no intention of making Pvp+wvw competitive and fun.

Hard truth: Anet will continue making us believe that they care...

what has "balance" patches resulted in?

" Lies Are A Temporary Solution To A Permanent Problem "

A single player, with very low cooldowns compared to any others, a warrior, downed three of us in less than three seconds, had us dead in four.

So how is this WvW and not 'favoritism' and a total imbalance of the best gaming mode of GW2?

When one can't find anyone to 'group' with in 'off hours', you have told single players and groups of three or lesss they don't matter and a single player can take care of 'them' at any point in the game.

Ridiculous and short-sighted.

PVE is ok, but WvW is where WvW'ers want to be and you're telling a lot of us to leave.

@atheria.2837 said:A single player, with very low cooldowns compared to any others, a warrior, downed three of us in less than three seconds, had us dead in four.

So how is this WvW and not 'favoritism' and a total imbalance of the best gaming mode of GW2?

Obviously an exaggeration (you can't completely kill three people outright in four seconds), but have you considered that the warrior was much more skilled than the three of you?

That wouldn't be favoritism or imbalance, that would be skill acting as the arbiter that it should be.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

That might not be the right defenition of inovation, maybe its another placebo.

I bet they wanted a game were they didnt had to spend time working on fixes, players should love to be carried, and dont complain about balance, IMO this is what they tried...

Remmember when ANet talked about fun stuff would ment broken s*** damage «, llike the golems aoe 1hit kill.... that is the defenition of fun...for them.

I'm not sure I would call huge gear grinds a good thing...

Tbh nothing makes sense to me anymore,everything can be spammed,everything has high dmg,too much effects slapped on random skills,too much aoe too much condi too much of everything.Wish we could go back to before hot where skill was needed to kill someone,in some cases it still applys but its just not the same anymore as it has been for a long time but only getting worse.

I dont know, I think main issue is that scourge is still bugged and can hit same target multiple times with 1 f-skill.

Tommorow is the balance patch anyways so I guess at least winds of disenchantment will get changed, colour at least.

But its hard to say anything yet, scourge was so easy to play, spam f1-f5 skills and profit, insane condi damage. After the fix it will be a bit worse, and even more boring because your singletarget potential is just not there. Currently like 50-60% of players play cele/condi scourge because its broken and only way to get ton of lootbags at the moment. So obviously there will be lot of condi ^^

Meanwhile people have been kinda avoiding firebrand because its harder to play than core guard. Lot of people still run strange traits on firebrand like radiance because they believe they can be the dps god... At least play condi support.... Anyways guardians will get better at their class, scourges will get fixed, bubbles will get changed. It will get considerably better.

@Threather.9354 said:I dont know, I think main issue is that scourge is still bugged and can hit same target multiple times with 1 f-skill.

Tommorow is the balance patch anyways so I guess at least winds of disenchantment will get changed, colour at least.

But its hard to say anything yet, scourge was so easy to play, spam f1-f5 skills and profit, insane condi damage. After the fix it will be a bit worse, and even more boring because your singletarget potential is just not there. Currently like 50-60% of players play cele/condi scourge because its broken and only way to get ton of lootbags at the moment. So obviously there will be lot of condi ^^

Meanwhile people have been kinda avoiding firebrand because its harder to play than core guard. Lot of people still run strange traits on firebrand like radiance because they believe they can be the dps god... At least play condi support.... Anyways guardians will get better at their class, scourges will get fixed, bubbles will get changed. It will get considerably better.

Why do you say that tomorrow will be the balance patch?

".... bring back when skill was the Meta.." ? That has never ever bin the case. However before PoF there where Condi creep, before HoT there where condi creep and also Pirate Shipping btw. If u wanna go back to a place where more ran Power then Condi Builds, when Power builds (Iam guessing skill, lol) ruled Condi Id say its back in balance patch April 2014 (the big patch).

Ok let me get this clear.

In the old days we had less powercreep and therefore it was basically easier to survive.Now that we have more powercreep and it's harder to survive u call it "less skill involved" ?

Do u actually know that ur enemy is a normal Player too?

More actions withing the same time limit needs more skill to be handled.It's always easy to kill ur enemy if he's just standing arround...

Everytime i die in WvW, i know it was my mistake, not the enemy's OP'ness

@Caedmon.6798 said:Tbh nothing makes sense to me anymore,everything can be spammed,everything has high dmg,too much effects slapped on random skills,too much aoe too much condi too much of everything.Wish we could go back to before hot where skill was needed to kill someone,in some cases it still applys but its just not the same anymore as it has been for a long time but only getting worse.

You mean the Pre-HOT pirate ship meta? Before necros there were Staff Eles. Before Scourge there were Necro Wells. Remember when Condi Engie was a thing? member when GS Guardians were part of the Meta? WvW, outside roaming, has always been about spamming as much damage as possible.... and I recall power meta being at least half zerks (if not full zerks) for most classes, because it wasn't safe to even approach the line without a lot of block skills (because Toughness was broken for months).

• 2 weeks later...

Well good one ANET you have killed your golden goose ,nerf the goddamn range of AOE WvW is such a crock, I thought developers were thinking people well apparently not a lot of thought goes into your customer base ,we ask for balance ,more competitive gameplay and what do we get more Gem Store stuff aty least acknowledge that you are working on something in WvW any NORMAL business would have some sort of communication with their customer base , all these forums and hardly any sort of response at least acknowledge that you read them , how is it we very rarely see any ANET running around in WvW hmm I guess they sick of condi also. ANY sort of communication is the least you can do.

@cobbah.3102 said:Enough is enough ANET take WvW back to when skill was the meta and not this ridiculous crap you now have with Condi ,balance it at least easy to see no Devs play WvW these days ,sick of getting downed before you can even get a shot off . Wind the clock back and bring back the fun.

Skill was never the meta, you seem to have confused blobbing around in GW2 with playing SC2, it has always been play whatever is the cheesiest, broken OP, faceroll classes/comp you can find, why do you think in this joke of a game guilds try and hide their builds from each other, meanwhile in actual skilled, competitive games anyone can see what a player/team plays and can also usually even watch replays of it to study what they do, WvW is and always has been a joke in terms of skill, but most of the GW2 playerbase is too brainless, too bad to even realize it.

lol, in gw2 today you need the same skill level to be "good" like 2012 at release....

only people who were not able to adjust changing meta are crying about current meta. and current meta is NOT full condi on every class.

most classes work much better with power than condi, for example thief or warrior. other classes mechanics work better with condis, for example necros, where the class mechanics like booncorrupt and condi transfer only have impact with condition dmg. to be "good" in this game means to be able to find the best way to support the strenghts of your classes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived