Build templates

Hello,

I know there are enough discussions About build templates But we need to keep posting this to let The devs see The need of build templates.Please anet make build templates So we cam easily swap between builds. Now iT is just So much click work.

What is needed:

• change between build templates for pve pvp and wvw
  • If i travel from pve to pvp match, let me make one pvp build The mainbuild through a check box. Meaning when i go there, and i was first cranger in pve and now i enter The pvp area i automatically swap to beastmaster build which i selected Should be My main for pvp.
  • Let me store all The different armors in The templates

Please Guys add things we need. And make a petition. This is soooooo needed. I just unlocked My holosmith But i just Dont use iT as if i want to Roll back to condi i have to check The meta build sites again. So much waste of time...

Someone knows when they add these templates? I just unlock now But i Dont play The elites. To much work The swapping.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:arcDPS has a build template that has received the green light from ArenaNet. You can use that while waiting for the official version, if there ever will be one.

Keep in mind that arcDPS has potential to cause permanent damage to your account, e.g. delete your gear in the process and it was clearly stated by ArenaNet they take no responsibility for any harm caused by this tool.

If I were you I wouldn't use this tool and keep asking ArenaNet to finally develop in-game build templates with full support and responsibility. Just like any other reasonable AAA developer would do.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:
has a build template that has received the green light from ArenaNet. You can use that while waiting for the official version, if there ever will be one.

Keep in mind that arcDPS has potential to delete your gear in the process and it was clearly stated by ArenaNet they take no responsibility for any damage caused by this tool.

If I were you I wouldn't use this tool and keep asking ArenaNet to finally develop in-game build templates with full support and responsibility. Just like any other reasonable AAA developer would do.

Keep in mind the part about deleting gears was largely a joke meant to cover the very nature of anet's spaghetti code and thus was used as a general catch all.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:
has a build template that has received the green light from ArenaNet. You can use that while waiting for the official version, if there ever will be one.

Keep in mind that arcDPS has potential to delete your gear in the process and it was clearly stated by ArenaNet they take no responsibility for any damage caused by this tool.

Keep in mind the part about deleting gears was largely a joke meant to cover the very nature of anet's spaghetti code and thus was used as a general catch all.

Since ArenaNet doesn't offer any help, compensation and responsibility for damage caused by this tool this is very reasonable to warn potential user about the risks.

Deleting gear wasn't a joke at all, its a real warning about a real threat.

Ill put it like this, I don't use arc build templates for anything involving legendary gear. Ascended drops like rain, so Ill use it for that, and I have not personally been burned by it. If I lose some of my ascended gears I can live.

We need a first party build template system that comes with some assurances that if anything goes wrong, it will be fixed.

@thrag.9740 said:Deleting gear wasn't a joke at all, its a real warning about a real threat.

Ill put it like this, I don't use arc build templates for anything involving legendary gear. Ascended drops like rain, so Ill use it for that, and I have not personally been burned by it. If I lose some of my ascended gears I can live.

We need a first party build template system that comes with some assurances that if anything goes wrong, it will be fixed.

! EFFORT IS MADE TO PREVENT CATASTROPHIC FAILURE LIKE ITEMS BEING EATEN, HOWEVER, BY USING THIS EXTENSION YOU PROCEED ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXTENSIONS MUST BE UPDATED WITH ARCDPS.

Taken directly from the readme, if you cannot discern that eating items is meant in jest as a general catch all, then that's on you. It's quite literally the legal indemnification clause without all the legalese

@TexZero.7910 said:

@thrag.9740 said:Deleting gear wasn't a joke at all, its a real warning about a real threat.

! EFFORT IS MADE TO PREVENT CATASTROPHIC FAILURE LIKE ITEMS BEING EATEN, HOWEVER, BY USING THIS EXTENSION YOU PROCEED ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXTENSIONS MUST BE UPDATED WITH ARCDPS.

Taken directly from the readme, if you cannot discern that eating items is meant in jest as a general catch all, then that's on you. It's quite literally the legal indemnification clause without all the legalese

He's not wrong though. If by any chance deltaconnected releases a bug and gear is removed, by definition ArenaNet is not going to help you recover it.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

He's not wrong though. If by any chance deltaconnected releases a bug and gear is removed, by definition ArenaNet is not going to help you recover it.

Gee, i wonder why ?

It's not like they don't have their own User Policy that states any damage done by 3rd party tools isn't their fault either.It's almost like there's a reason why Arc and Chris Cleary have an open chain of communication to make sure things kinda work, within the scope they're supposed to so that such catastrophic failures are contained to the extreme minimum.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

Gee, i wonder why ?

It's not like they don't have their own User Policy that states any damage done by 3rd party tools isn't their fault either.It's almost like there's a reason why Arc and Chris Cleary have an open chain of communication to make sure things kinda work, within the scope they're supposed to so that such catastrophic failures are contained to the extreme minimum.

I don't know why you are acting like this. This is what we are warning possible user about, because the original poster who mentioned arcDPS didn't offer this warning. We are doing absolutely nothing wrong when mentioning game documents and what we should expect from ArenaNet when using these tools.

@TexZero.7910 said:

Taken directly from the readme, if you cannot discern that eating items is meant in jest as a general catch all, then that's on you. It's quite literally the legal indemnification clause without all the legaleseYou statement is incomplete, and I want any uninformed players reading these forums to be informed with all available knowledge. So I'm going to post the direct quotes from delta on reddit (source below).

First quote, Delta admits they dont have any legendary armor:[–]deltaconnected 54 points 1 month agoI don't have any legendary gear myself to 'imitate', so it depends on whether or not I can get a hold of an account for testing or some kind of mat fundraising to craft

That means it was literally never tested with legendary armor. People who are not programmers might not see why testing individual classes is relevant, but it is.

Coooturtle 2 points 1 month agoHow would items get eaten? I dont see how that is possible.

deltaconnected 9 points 1 month agoWhen I wrote wiggly box autoaccept I didn't notice there are two types: "accept num" and "accept num extraitem". While technically two different server messages, sending the first to accept a reward with an extra item (eg. levelup rewards where you pick something) ended up with no extra item - it was literally eaten.While there's pretty much no chance of that happening today, it's theoretically possible by combination of astronomically bad luck that after a big game update my pattern scanner takes "delete item" as "equip item slot", and the server goes ahead with it. The much more probable case is that it fails to find what it needs and they stop working, but just in case I leave the all-caps warning.

HighestHand 1 point 1 month agoIf so then if the item is undeletable or requires you to type in the name, it won't be deleted right? Or will it bypass that?

deltaconnected 1 point 1 month agoAll the popups of "do you want to soulbind", "are you sure you want to use this" etc. are all client side, so I'd expect it to be bypassed

source: https://www.reddit.com/user/deltaconnected/?count=25&after=t1_dn206in

@thrag.9740 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

Taken directly from the readme, if you cannot discern that eating items is meant in jest as a general catch all, then that's on you. It's quite literally the legal indemnification clause without all the legaleseYou statement is incomplete, and I want any uninformed players reading these forums to be informed with all available knowledge. So I'm going to post the direct quotes from delta on reddit (source below).

First quote, Delta admits they dont have any legendary armor:[–]deltaconnected
54 points 1 month agoI don't have any legendary gear myself to 'imitate', so it depends on whether or not I can get a hold of an account for testing or some kind of mat fundraising to craft

That means it was literally never tested with legendary armor. People who are not programmers might not see why testing individual classes is relevant, but it is.

Coooturtle 2 points 1 month agoHow would items get eaten? I dont see how that is possible.

deltaconnected
9 points 1 month agoWhen I wrote wiggly box autoaccept I didn't notice there are two types: "accept num" and "accept num extraitem". While technically two different server messages, sending the first to accept a reward with an extra item (eg. levelup rewards where you pick something) ended up with no extra item - it was literally eaten.While there's pretty much no chance of that happening today, it's theoretically possible by combination of astronomically bad luck that after a big game update my pattern scanner takes "delete item" as "equip item slot", and the server goes ahead with it. The much more probable case is that it fails to find what it needs and they stop working, but just in case I leave the all-caps warning.

HighestHand 1 point 1 month agoIf so then if the item is undeletable or requires you to type in the name, it won't be deleted right? Or will it bypass that?

deltaconnected
1 point 1 month agoAll the popups of "do you want to soulbind", "are you sure you want to use this" etc. are all client side, so I'd expect it to be bypassed

source:

Tex is correct (minus the covering spaghetti code part). It's a catch-all that I am not responsible for anything that may happen using the most severe failure I could think of. With how often I see "omg arcdps build templatez can eat ur gear b carefulz" being parroted obviously my attempt at light humour by using the word 'eaten' over the more serious 'deleted' failed miserably. Not that it matters to me, I have nothing against being able to spend more time playing the game instead of playing tech support. As for equipping different rarities - I didn't test masterwork or rare (or even exotic) equipment either. The process looks like "if (*can_equip(item, slot) && !*can_bind(item)) *equip(item, slot);" with the three function pointers being being client functions. Whatever happens in them, happens.

As I mention in that reddit post, the only way gear I can see gear being 'eaten' is if my scanner started to return delete() instead of equip() under the assumption that the two are similar enough that a client update could cause such a scenario. Astronomically bad luck refers to a span of a year with 90-something patterns never once picking the wrong function over failing outright.

Its great to see you post in here delta. I hope you know how much I (and so many others) appreciate all your work, and I hope you don't take my comments as critical of you, or the amazing service you have provided for us. Like I said, the only set I don't trust it with is my legendary set, my other 15+ sets of ascended gear are in your hands, and it works great.

Its simple... The game is many years old and still No build template! I gonna use The arcdps as there is No other option.If i lose My legendary hear and more i worked 6500 house for and anet Will not rollback My game to a previous point i just stop playing!!

I mean, iT is rediculous that after So many years and soooo many types of builds we Dont have templates. They overload us with crappy content But The things that matter we Dont get.

But Lets hope anet Will fix this and make templates.

Archived