Fractal and Raid Chronomancer build advice?

Mister Asdasd.6194

I have enough ascended boxes from fractals to gear up 1 class and since chronomancers are in demand in any pve content i want to try and create one. Thing is i visted sites for builds but qtfy for some reason changes from chronomancer builds to firebrand and gives me gear for firebrand and a lot of berserker stat gear. I thought chronomancer is mostly commander's stats with a bit of berserker mixed into it. Any suggestions on the most widespread and best armor/weapon/trinket,ring etc. stat distribution?

https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/mesmer/fractal-chrono-quick-guide/

The disclaimer at the bottom clears up how Firebrand runes compare to Leadership (besides being vastly easier to aquire):

The Firebrand variant of this build will give you the highest effective power, however the difference between it and the Leadership variant is less than 1%. This means that if you already have the leadership variant, there is very minimal gain from updating your gear, you need to decide for yourself if it’s worth the gold. Also all boons you share with signet of inspiration (except for quickness) will have 20% lower duration and the food is more expensive.

Ideally you want to end up with 67% boon duration after food and utility and befor adding in the 33% Sigil of Concentration for the full 100% boon duration (easier for quickness only with Firebrand runes since their quickness uptime is higher than Leadership at the cost of not 100% boon duration on non quickness boons). For this you mix and match berserker and commander gear.

I would recommend going full berserker armor (instead of commander pants and boots) and instead getting commander trinkets(instead of berserker as in the build). Same goes for weapons, I'd personally get berserker weapons instead of commander and compensate by exchanging more trinkets for commander (instead of berserker as in the build). Main reason being that I prefer aquiring extra trinkets and balancing my builds with trinkets (since those are easier to aquire if you have access to LW S3) instead or armor or weapons (which are quite expensive).

Personally I run Leadership runes, but Firebrand are a lot easier to aquire and work fine for fractals (and raids too).

@"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:Where can i get trinkets with commander stats? From lw3 maps? Guess im off to farm winterberries and stuff

Yes, Living World Season 3 will give access to commanders. Here is a good link to check which is available where:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

My recommendation would be as follows (if you have no ressources starting out):

• get Unbound Magic from eating winterberries (it's aproximately 1.6-1.8k per character per winterberry forst run with no special sickle per character)
  • get 1 ring and accessory with winterberries (map 3)
  • get 1 amulet from Orian Pearls (map 6) or Jade Shards (map 4)
  • get 1 ring from Fire Orchid Blossom (map 5)
  • get 1 accessory from Petrified Wood (map 2)
  • get 1 backpiece from winterberries

This will take aproximately 1/2 - 1 week depending on how many characters you can farm unbound magic with in the winterberry forest. If you have access to the home instance nodes (and you really should try to get these eventually) you might have stocked up on some of these ressources from daily gathering.

Archived