Please remove level up sound for non-friends/party members

SmirkDog.3160

I'm so sick of standing at the bank, or the trading post, or the crafting stations, etc. etc. and having to walk somewhere else because someone felt like they absolutely had to level up 78 times right there and couldn't bother walking away to an unpopulated part of the map. It always lasts so long and I can barely hear myself think. ANet, I don't care. I don't care if some rando is leveling up. I don't plan to congratulate them for using 78 Tomes of Knowledge at the bank 5 seconds after being created, so please let me disable that sound.

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:There's so many areas you can get access to your bank.I don't like hearing the stupid Sylvari about "More violets I say, less violence." So I go access my bank in the other 3+ areas I can.Try that.

Okay sure, or they can just let me turn that sound off like with instruments. You can just walk away from those, but that's still an option, so?

usually I think the chain wooshes are from a stack of recipes. I know I've felt guilty for spamming the learning recipe sounds after buying a bunch, but even when I am doing a couple dozen, it's over pretty fast. I don't see this being a huge deal for 99% of people. A 15 second annoyance I s'pose

@SmirkDog.3160 said:I'm so sick of standing at the bank, or the trading post, or the crafting stations, etc. etc. and having to walk somewhere else because someone felt like they absolutely had to level up 78 times right there and couldn't bother walking away to an unpopulated part of the map. It always lasts so long and I can barely hear myself think. ANet, I don't care. I don't care if some rando is leveling up. I don't plan to congratulate them for using 78 Tomes of Knowledge at the bank 5 seconds after being created, so please let me disable that sound.

This is just as annoying as ....

"may the stars guide you""more violets I say, less violence""I know your face from my dream""Lets play investigators!"

and so on and so forth

It happens so rarely and is over so quickly, I really have trouble understanding why it's such a big pet peeve. I find it much, much more annoying when people cast meteor showers or a variety of other flashy/noisy skills. At least with using 78 tomes, I know it will be over in like 78*0.1 seconds; with the skills, it might never end.

I would far prefer for ANet to work on other QoL issues than this one.In particular, I'd far prefer that I could convert 80 Tomes of Knowledge into a single insta-L80 tome. That would reduce the problem the OP complains about and provide a QoL improvement for even people like myself that aren't bothered by the noise.(Even better: add a vendor that allows you to choose exactly how many levels you want to go up and just do that.)

Why not just have all the sound effects, etc. as discrete sound files that we can replace. That way, if there's something that bugs us, we can replace the sound file with a blank one and disable the sound that way. People using Dreamer bugs me too, and there's no way to disable that specific sound without disabling all the other combat sounds.

@Purgatori.3645 said:

@SmirkDog.3160 said:I'm so sick of standing at the bank, or the trading post, or the crafting stations, etc. etc. and having to walk somewhere else because someone felt like they absolutely had to level up 78 times right there and couldn't bother walking away to an unpopulated part of the map. It always lasts so long and I can barely hear myself think. ANet, I don't care. I don't care if some rando is leveling up. I don't plan to congratulate them for using 78 Tomes of Knowledge at the bank 5 seconds after being created, so please let me disable that sound.

This is just as annoying as ....

"may the stars guide you""more violets I say, less violence""I know your face from my dream""Lets play investigators!"

and so on and so forth

"Okay, I'll be Marjory.""Hehe, if you'll be Marjory, you got to let me give you a kiss!""Erk!""Hehehehe, come back!"

@CedarDog.9723 said:Why not just have all the sound effects, etc. as discrete sound files that we can replace. That way, if there's something that bugs us, we can replace the sound file with a blank one and disable the sound that way. People using Dreamer bugs me too, and there's no way to disable that specific sound without disabling all the other combat sounds.

They added a way to turn off your dreamer or others dreamer sounds in the options panel.

Archived